Front license plate bracket bolts (U.S.)

stevet

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z
My Z came with a bracket to mount a license plate on the front of the car. It has screws to attach it to the front of the car, and clips to which I can attach the license plate, but not the bolts to screw into the clips to hold the plate in place. The owner's manual says this on page 10-15.

"6. Install the license plate with bolts that are no longer than 0.55 in (14 mm)."

Unfortunately, it doesn't specify the bolt width to use. The back holes of the clips look slightly smaller than the front holes. I think the front hole is 7mm in diameter and the back hole is 6mm, but I'm not exactly sure. Does anyone know the official size I should use?

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
My dealer kindly used 25mm screws which damaged the grill behind the mounting bracket!!! But confirm they are M6 size screws that are needed.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
My dealer kindly used 25mm screws which damaged the grill behind the mounting bracket!!! But confirm they are M6 size screws that are needed.
uh...they are gonna fix it right?

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Haven't made on issue of it yet. I think they would if I ask.it is only visible with the bracket off so it’s not a big issue. Front plates compulsory in Australia anyway.