Luke93

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
6spd Performance
Hey guys,

Picked up a 6 speed performance a few weeks ago and loving it.
but the last couple times I took her out I've noticed my temps are moving around a lot more than I ever noticed before.
Its not much, once warmed up coolant is bouncing around 80 to 95 after I've let it idle a bit. not running it hard either I'm still breaking her in.
oil temperature has gone up above 90C and I don't think that's happened before.

I only have 800km so far so this might be me not being used to a higher performance engine. but I swear it was maintaining it pretty solid before. Just seems all of a sudden oil and coolant temps are in a constant battle.
what are you guys experiencing? thanks in advance!

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Hey guys,

but the last couple times I took her out I've noticed my temps are moving around a lot more than I ever noticed before.
Its not much, once warmed up coolant is bouncing around 80 to 95 after I've let it idle a bit. not running it hard either I'm still breaking her in.

I only have 800km so far so this might be me not being used to a higher performance engine. but I swear it was maintaining it pretty solid before. Just seems all of a sudden oil and coolant temps are in a constant battle.
At this point don't second guess things, take her in to the dealer to have them check it thoroughly. Maybe sensor related, who knows. I sure hope it's nothing major. Keep us updated. Best wishes.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Hey guys,

Welcome to the forums! I’m also from the GTA and congrats!

I would definitely take it to the dealer where you bought it and ask them to check it out.

OP
OP

Luke93

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
6spd Performance
Thanks guys Ill have to schedule an appointment for peace of mind. I have been watching a few videos online and seen others getting hotter. but that looks like desert climates and its 6C here today lol

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks guys Ill have to schedule an appointment for peace of mind. I have been watching a few videos online and seen others getting hotter. but that looks like desert climates and its 6C here today lol
Ya tomorrow is not bad either. Been sitting in my garage lol. You should come to some of the meets coming. Would be cool to have another new Z in the meets. Where abouts are you in Toronto?

OP
OP

Luke93

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
6spd Performance
Ya tomorrow is not bad either. Been sitting in my garage lol. You should come to some of the meets coming. Would be cool to have another new Z in the meets. Where abouts are you in Toronto?
Yea id be down for that. When/where are the meets? I'm in vaughan.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice! I’m in Newmarket. I got a yellow performance and I was in Vaughan this weekend! Getting PPF and tint in your area in a couple weeks when weather gets better.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Meets are coming up soon. I haven’t been decent cause I don’t drive my car much unless it’s sunny and no snow on the ground lol.

I can hit you up when the next ones are. They usually around gta areas. Not far from you

OP
OP

Luke93

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
6spd Performance
Meets are coming up soon. I haven’t been decent cause I don’t drive my car much unless it’s sunny and no snow on the ground lol.

I can hit you up when the next ones are. They usually around gta areas. Not far from you
Right on man I'm down. How many km you got so far? You notice your Temps going up and down at all?

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Right on man I'm down. How many km you got so far? You notice your Temps going up and down at all?
I have about 75kms on it. To be honest I haven’t checked them. But after your post, I will keep an eye out.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
@Luke93 you are freaking out over nothing. 90°c for coolant temp is nearly perfect. 90°c for oil temp is actually cold. You want that between 100-110°c so that it can boil off any water in the oil. To me it sounds like you need to have a bit more fun with the car and drive it a little harder.

OP
OP

Luke93

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
6spd Performance
@Luke93 you are freaking out over nothing. 90°c for coolant temp is nearly perfect. 90°c for oil temp is actually cold. You want that between 100-110°c so that it can boil off any water in the oil. To me it sounds like you need to have a bit more fun with the car and drive it a little harder.
Maybe I am, just seems different than what it was doing before and the spiking at idle concerns me. Yours does the same thing?

pectab

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Audi A4
Hey guys,

I'm in GTA as well, I kept an eye on my temps this morning at 88C consistent but that's all HWY.

OP
OP

Luke93

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
6spd Performance
I'm in GTA as well, I kept an eye on my temps this morning at 88C consistent but that's all HWY.
Yea thats what I was used to seeing, yours doesn't climb at idle either I'm guessing?

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
coolant temp seems fine, about 195degF. If you come from a Toyota truck (e.g. Tacoma or Tundra) w/ the clutch-type radiator fan, their temp is like 180degF which is quite low temp for daily cars.

Oil temp will be about 10-30degF higher than coolant temp.