Occupation
Mechanic
lets bet who breaks and pays whatever to get in this car lol

RiZee98

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Scion tC
I talked with a dealer in Chicago this week and last week about getting a Z. They said no orders right now and that they will get 1 new Z at the end of August and they have no idea if it will be a Sport or Performance, MT or AT, or what color.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I talked with a dealer in Chicago this week and last week about getting a Z. They said no orders right now and that they will get 1 new Z at the end of August and they have no idea if it will be a Sport or Performance, MT or AT, or what color.
Just 1 Z, huh, must be a smaller dealer? Maybe ask them an idea of the markup. :oops:

Last edited:

TitanZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Titan SL 4x4 Midnight Edition
I hope I'm wrong but this really seems like Nissan is setting the stage for the dealer network to gouge the hell out of each customer with crazy ADM as they trot out 1 car at a time like a damn auction. Making this car so scarce that you feel lucky to pay ADM just to get one...I think this is going to be a very long waiting game to get one of these cars at a reasonable price.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Yeah I actually got around to asking my local dealer last week and they said the exact same thing. There's 3 people in line and apparently Nissan told them they'll get 2 cars, but they had no idea what color, trim, or when the fuck they were getting them. Pretty sick Nissan, well done.

RiZee98

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Scion tC
Just 1 Z, huh, must be a smaller dealer? Maybe ask them an idea of the markup. :oops:
They said 3k over MSRP but that they may make "market adjustments" when it gets to the dealership. I honestly think financially it'll be a better idea to get a Z next spring with more money to put down and some that'll have some mileage on them.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
They said 3k over MSRP but that they may make "market adjustments" when it gets to the dealership. I honestly think financially it'll be a better idea to get a Z next spring with more money to put down and some that'll have some mileage on them.
The way things are looking, always a good bet to wait for next year's inventory. Some will pay whatever it takes to get the first Zs but that's OK, keeps the brand moving. I wonder who will post the first ownership and willing to divulge out-the-door pricing. I'll keep an eye on my two large dealerships here. I'm betting around $10-15K markups.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
The way things are looking, always a good bet to wait for next year's inventory. Some will pay whatever it takes to get the first Zs but that's OK, keeps the brand moving. I wonder who will post the first ownership and willing to divulge out-the-door pricing. I'll keep an eye on my two large dealerships here. I'm betting around $10-15K markups.
Yeah I have a feeling it will be quite some time before we see "normal" people posting and sharing their Z's lol. With the way its looking, we'll be stuck watching Youtubers and Celebs share their cars for awhile.