Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
All the Z's being delivered to places that don't speak the Queen's language.....
Yeah I don't understand it. Why does it seem like the US is the last one getting Zs when it is the BIGGEST market for Nissan? It is customs/importing issue or what? Pretty ridiculous.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah I don't understand it. Why does it seem like the US is the last one getting Zs when it is the BIGGEST market for Nissan? It is customs/importing issue or what? Pretty ridiculous.
Maybe that’s why…because you are the biggest market.
Australia’s whole orders would only add up to 1 per dealer in the US, maybe they need to build some stock levels first so it’s not just one per dealer.
Have no clue, but it’s the only thing that makes sense to me.

Mind you we have still to be given an ETA so we could well be in the same boat or later …nothing about this release is normal, but everything about it is frustrating

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Why does it seem like the US is the last one getting Zs
Probably because it's the furthest away from Japan, so shipping takes longer than to the islands and Australia. It's anyone's guess why they've already arrived in Puerto Rico. Could simply be that it's a different ship load coming for US and Canada, and with more cars to load it took longer to be ready to leave Japan.

At least you vague know they are coming quite soon. There's no actual word at all on the Z where I am at all. The local Nissan website still only says "Coming 2022" and there's the same complete lack of any information on the Toyota and Subaru websites about the new 86 and BRZ. :(

Then again there's Europe who won't be getting the new Z at all, at least officially.

MycarisZ

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda Miata
Occupation
Project Manager
Probably because it's the furthest away from Japan, so shipping takes longer than to the islands and Australia. It's anyone's guess why they've already arrived in Puerto Rico. Could simply be that it's a different ship load coming for US and Canada, and with more cars to load it took longer to be ready to leave Japan.

At least you vague know they are coming quite soon. There's no actual word at all on the Z where I am at all. The local Nissan website still only says "Coming 2022" and there's the same complete lack of any information on the Toyota and Subaru websites about the new 86 and BRZ. :(

Then again there's Europe who won't be getting the new Z at all, at least officially.
Europe isn’t getting a Z? Wowzers

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
The way things are looking, always a good bet to wait for next year's inventory. Some will pay whatever it takes to get the first Zs but that's OK, keeps the brand moving. I wonder who will post the first ownership and willing to divulge out-the-door pricing. I'll keep an eye on my two large dealerships here. I'm betting around $10-15K markups.
I'll post mine for sure. Dealer is consulting his network now to take my used Porsche on trade. Taxes will be high here in Canada so I'm guessing this will be all in just over $70K.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Europe isn’t getting a Z? Wowzers
It doesn't meet European emissions regulations, so Nissan aren't selling it there (MotorTrend.com). Whether or not private importers can buy one is a different question - in some places these rules outright prohibit "naughty" cars being sold, while in others it simply means a higher price due to extra taxes (which Nissan didn't think made the car worthwhile trying to sell there).

G37

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37S Coupe 6MT, Q50S Hybrid, MDX
Occupation
Self
I’m also on newnissanz.com and when I saw the allocation thread, this thought came to mind… any Z you see on the road in the US this year will have been bought (in most but not all cases) by people who were willing to pay a ridiculous markup, likely $5k, $10k or more. To them I’d like to suggest that if nobody pays these absurd prices, dealers with sell them closer to MSRP. To each their own, but I can guarantee that 2-3 years from now when the Z has been out for a while, it’ll have probably received a minor update or two and may even have gotten standard Michelin rubber by then, and/or a Sport + LSD + brakes trim level for $46K may be available. At that time, having paid $60K for a Performance will make any owner feel like a heel. JMHO.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
I can guarantee the "added extras" pricing will be more than today's speculative figure in those 2-3 years.

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
viewed the car at my dealer last week and was able to go for a ride in it. was a rocket but was auto and the suspension needs work imo

with that said... nissan canada rep informed me 20 units are sitting at nissan already for release but i wont get mine until end of aug most likely. also he informed me its a pipe dream to think about getting a proto here in canada.

the american market is too large to meet the demand, nissan knows it would be a disaster to try and fulfill that market and lead to negitive PR. the smaller markets like austrailia and canada will yield 10% of the sales and will be easier to fulfill and overall give a positive experience for nissan. my dealer (st catherines nissan) has already had two orders pulled and ill be honest... im about 15% sure ill be buying the car .. im unhappy with price and quality.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
viewed the car at my dealer last week and was able to go for a ride in it. was a rocket but was auto and the suspension needs work imo

with that said... nissan canada rep informed me 20 units are sitting at nissan already for release but i wont get mine until end of aug most likely. also he informed me its a pipe dream to think about getting a proto here in canada.

the american market is too large to meet the demand, nissan knows it would be a disaster to try and fulfill that market and lead to negitive PR. the smaller markets like austrailia and canada will yield 10% of the sales and will be easier to fulfill and overall give a positive experience for nissan. my dealer (st catherines nissan) has already had two orders pulled and ill be honest... im about 15% sure ill be buying the car .. im unhappy with price and quality.
Interesting…especially as you have had a ride.
Other than suspension what else were you unhappy with?

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
At that time, having paid $60K for a Performance will make any owner feel like a heel. JMHO.
If anybody should feel like heels, it the dealerships. They're the ones treating people badly and unfairly with the pricing.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 FORD FIESTA ST, FACTORY FIVE GTM
Occupation
Retired
Nissan is stroking the hell out of its customer base. You could give up and buy/lease another companies deliverable offering, drive until your lease was up, and come back here and find Nissan still had not delivered any cars. Head up your ass car companies like Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, et al can get away with this, but Nissan?

Last edited: