FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
viewed the car at my dealer last week and was able to go for a ride in it. was a rocket but was auto and the suspension needs work imo

with that said... nissan canada rep informed me 20 units are sitting at nissan already for release but i wont get mine until end of aug most likely. also he informed me its a pipe dream to think about getting a proto here in canada.

the american market is too large to meet the demand, nissan knows it would be a disaster to try and fulfill that market and lead to negitive PR. the smaller markets like austrailia and canada will yield 10% of the sales and will be easier to fulfill and overall give a positive experience for nissan. my dealer (st catherines nissan) has already had two orders pulled and ill be honest... im about 15% sure ill be buying the car .. im unhappy with price and quality.
This is very interesting. When you say "20 units are sitting at nissan already" where exactly does your dealer think that is precisely? As our other Canadian members have made crystal clear the Freighters come in through the Burrard Inlet in Vancouver and to over to the Sea Can port at Annacis Island over by New Westminster. So Vancouver forum members should have heard some word of 20 units.

The suspension conversation worries me. Especially seeing the Bros4Speed review of how it dives just from throwing the wheel around. My last 370Z had H&R's and a very firm set up so it cornered on rails. Too firm. Couldn't do a road trip. But this sounds too soft. This post-pandemic car buying is hella frustrating.

Anyway, any insight to where your dealer thought these 20 units are would be interesting.

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
4200A804-3DC9-4082-96B7-A65305B41B3B.jpeg

here is my Silvia next to it, it’s a ore
Production model so unsure about final fit and finish.. but there is enough room for someone like me being 6’3. The seats headrest rubbed the roof when fully positioned back but hopefully it fits better on production. The car has a lot of lift and suspension feels very soft … I’m sure it will be the first to be upgrades. The interior feels subpar to me even when compared to the pro4x titan xd I use to own. Other then that I loved everything else about the car

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
4200A804-3DC9-4082-96B7-A65305B41B3B.jpeg

here is my Silvia next to it, it’s a ore
Production model so unsure about final fit and finish.. but there is enough room for someone like me being 6’3. The seats headrest rubbed the roof when fully positioned back but hopefully it fits better on production. The car has a lot of lift and suspension feels very soft … I’m sure it will be the first to be upgrades. The interior feels subpar to me even when compared to the pro4x titan xd I use to own. Other then that I loved everything else about the car
So any intel from your dealer on where Nissan Canada is stockpiling Z's?

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
So any intel from your dealer on where Nissan Canada is stockpiling Z's?
He said they are currently at Nissan Canada’s headquarters but I have no way of confirming that or do I fully believe it. He did laugh about me mentioning a proto and stated Nissan is taking the first allocations very serious and will be releasing them at the same time. With all that said … the entire Canadian allocation cannot just show up on carriers at once so I’d imagine some vehicles have to start showing up soon and will need to be stored until all have arrived.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
He said they are currently at Nissan Canada’s headquarters but I have no way of confirming that or do I fully believe it. He did laugh about me mentioning a proto and stated Nissan is taking the first allocations very serious and will be releasing them at the same time. With all that said … the entire Canadian allocation cannot just show up on carriers at once so I’d imagine some vehicles have to start showing up soon and will need to be stored until all have arrived.
Someone in sauga should swing by Nissan headquarter and check.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Remind me...isn't Nissan Headquarters in Missassaga or something? Back East anyway. Why would the ship units to be stored back there when they land in Vancouver and surely Vancouver and Toronto are the biggest markets? Just trying to do simple math here.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Remind me...isn't Nissan Headquarters in Missassaga or something? Back East anyway. Why would the ship units to be stored back there when they land in Vancouver and surely Vancouver and Toronto are the biggest markets? Just trying to do simple math here.
all the first allocations are for the center of the universe, didn't you know? 🤣