Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Baseline run before anything was installed, the car dyno’d at 415whp which was surprising
IMG_6406.jpeg

So he said when he installed the ECUTEK software, it dropped the horsepower under 400 to around 380 I believe….which I couldn’t understand why it did that.
So after installing the AMS heat exchanger, AMS Full Race downpipes, ISR y-pipe and ISR titanium exhaust; it’s making 440 whp and 450 ft lbs of torque at around 18 lbs of boost. Nothing too crazy but I’m super happy with how hard it pulls. Once Blitz or somebody comes out with an intake I like, I’ll get it tuned again.
Btw….after having the heat exchanger replaced, the factory one looks anorexic
IMG_6511.jpeg

IMG_6512.jpeg

Thanks

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Awesome! Can you comment on traction? Im very curious because we have some members who feel the car is utterly useless even in stock form lol.

How do you feel now that you're tuned and can you compare it to stock? I cant wait to get past my break in period lol.

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
…Can you comment on traction? Im very curious because we have some members who feel the car is utterly useless even in stock form lol…
This. I’m curious, too.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
That TQ curve does not look happy. Way too bumpy. You have to be able to feel it surge when rowing through the gears with it looking like that.

OP
OP
Maximus

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Awesome! Can you comment on traction? Im very curious because we have some members who feel the car is utterly useless even in stock form lol.

How do you feel now that you're tuned and can you compare it to stock? I cant wait to get past my break in period lol.
And those members would be correct especially if you’re full throttle in first, and beginning to middle of second (assuming you have a manual because I can’t speak for the auto transmission).
Now that it’s tuned, I really don’t hit it hard off the line because my shop told me I could bend a rod with the extra power and torque. It won’t hit boost until I’m about 60% on the throttle but it’s meaner now than stock and a whole different animal

OP
OP
Maximus

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
That TQ curve does not look happy. Way too bumpy. You have to be able to feel it surge when rowing through the gears with it looking like that.
That graph was my bone stock pull with no tune and before anything was added

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
And those members would be correct especially if you’re full throttle in first, and beginning to middle of second (assuming you have a manual because I can’t speak for the auto transmission).
Now that it’s tuned, I really don’t hit it hard off the line because my shop told me I could bend a rod with the extra power and torque. It won’t hit boost until I’m about 60% on the throttle but it’s meaner now than stock and a whole different animal
Thanks so much for sharing! Sorry if I missed it but have you done any suspension work as well? Just curious if that would improve things a bit.

I see companies like Sonic, Soho, Z1, and AMS with these monster Zs and Im just curious if there's a realistic middle ground between what they have (tons of money put in) and us at a more normal "enthusiast" level in terms of usable power. I don't launch any of my cars but I am still interested in adding some goodies here soon lol.

Love seeing more modified Zs on here

OP
OP
Maximus

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Thanks so much for sharing! Sorry if I missed it but have you done any suspension work as well? Just curious if that would improve things a bit.

I see companies like Sonic, Soho, Z1, and AMS with these monster Zs and Im just curious if there's a realistic middle ground between what they have (tons of money put in) and us at a more normal "enthusiast" level in terms of usable power. I don't launch any of my cars but I am still interested in adding some goodies here soon lol.

Love seeing more modified Zs on here
Yeah I was gonna say I’m getting coilovers in August from Fortune Auto so that may help a bit. But for me, launching from a stand still isn’t my thing. I’ve done it a couple times and got wheel hop and it just didn’t hook. Probably could drop the tire pressure but I’d rather go from a roll in 3rd gear when I get on it.
As far as money goes, it’s definitely not cheap. I’m a true believer in you get what you pay for and will spend a little more for quality parts. So far with the heat exchanger, downpipes, y-pipe, exhaust, installation and ECUTEK tune with dyno time; I’m about $5,500 in.
A decent set of coilovers will set you back around $2k or so not to mention I’ll be adding a set of Brides as well and possible aero. All that and I haven’t even gotten into rims and tires to put all the power to the ground!

Last edited:

Rommel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370z
415 hp and 420 tq bone stock at the wheels it very very impressive. You must have a fast one there.
i have the jb4 on my 6spd. Car lights up side ways in 2nd and i have to be careful in 3 hitting it depending on pavement.

OP
OP
Maximus

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
415 hp and 420 tq bone stock at the wheels it very very impressive. You must have a fast one there.
i have the jb4 on my 6spd. Car lights up side ways in 2nd and i have to be careful in 3 hitting it depending on pavement.
Yeah I got an oddball but when the time was initially installed, it dropped the whp down below 400 which sucked

Tyler Z

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1986 300ZX, 1990 300ZX TT, 2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Car Dealer
What was the process like in getting the JB4 set up and tuned? Is that the only upgrade you have on your z?

OP
OP
Maximus

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
What was the process like in getting the JB4 set up and tuned? Is that the only upgrade you have on your z?
I don’t have the JB4. I had it tuned on a dyno using ECUTECK.
As far as the motor goes? I have HKS Super Air Filters, AMS Heat Exchanger, AMS Full Race Catless Downpipes, 3” ISR Y-Pipe and 3” ISR Titanium Exhaust