First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370z
Occupation
registered nurse
I’m in the USA and picked my Z up last Tuesday. The Z is trickling in to USA dealerships. Go to cargurus and search for them.
I got my Z in November, I live in Indiana and got mine from Georgia. Had a dealership from Chicago call me the other day and they said they still have not received a Z.

Dan Cohen

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SUBARU
Occupation
sales
I got my Z in November, I live in Indiana and got mine from Georgia. Had a dealership from Chicago call me the other day and they said they still have not received a Z.
I live in NJ and also have looked all over. Tried VIRGINIA but they still did not receive 1 either. This one was sold when I called the dealer but they said not sure going to go thru with the sale. So I left my number and the next day they called me and asked if I wanted it. That happened last Thursday and picked it up yesterday.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
You'd think a major metro area like Chicago would have a Z already, I'd like to go see one finally in person. When they do, the price will probably be jacked up. I know people who won't buy from Chicagoland dealers due to the hard sell and hijinks. My last car order I made from an out of state dealership.

Papa G Z

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sky redline
Occupation
VP Sales
I ended up finding a Rosewood Manual and bought it. Should arrive around mid march. Saw a Rosewood auto in Denver last Saturday and that confirmed my color choice. Didn't want the auto or the $10,000 markup. Next day Sunday Nissan site had two Rosewoods and the other was a Manual that i bought for MSRP. Both dealers were really good. The Auto one sales guy kept in touch for over a year since I was on the wait list. Ironically he indicated a month ago that 12 people wanted the auto coming in so they were going to do a raffle of those people and the winner was going to be lucky enough to pay $10k over msrp. On Saturday I asked if they were still going to Raffle and he said "I was the only one left on the list". I visited Woodmen in Colorado Springs also last saturday morning to look at their yellow performance manual. Still at $75,000. Salesmen said got a dozen people lined up....At MSRP but no takers at $75,000. Sad part was they had signs all over it to Do not touch. Family went in the doors before my wife and i and three kids ran to the z to check it out. One about 10 with a winter coat on leaned on the front fender and proceeded to slide all the way to the headlight with his jacket with a zipper. Didn't have the heart to see if scratch!

Another interesting this. Colorado springs yellow build date 4/22, Rosewood Denver 10/22. One I bought 12/22/22. Co Springs had the highest price and oldest build date. Wheres that car been for 10 months!

JohnNYC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Mercedes E350 bluetec. 2023 Nissan Z
I ended up finding a Rosewood Manual and bought it. Should arrive around mid march. Saw a Rosewood auto in Denver last Saturday and that confirmed my color choice. Didn't want the auto or the $10,000 markup. Next day Sunday Nissan site had two Rosewoods and the other was a Manual that i bought for MSRP. Both dealers were really good. The Auto one sales guy kept in touch for over a year since I was on the wait list. Ironically he indicated a month ago that 12 people wanted the auto coming in so they were going to do a raffle of those people and the winner was going to be lucky enough to pay $10k over msrp. On Saturday I asked if they were still going to Raffle and he said "I was the only one left on the list". I visited Woodmen in Colorado Springs also last saturday morning to look at their yellow performance manual. Still at $75,000. Salesmen said got a dozen people lined up....At MSRP but no takers at $75,000. Sad part was they had signs all over it to Do not touch. Family went in the doors before my wife and i and three kids ran to the z to check it out. One about 10 with a winter coat on leaned on the front fender and proceeded to slide all the way to the headlight with his jacket with a zipper. Didn't have the heart to see if scratch!

Another interesting this. Colorado springs yellow build date 4/22, Rosewood Denver 10/22. One I bought 12/22/22. Co Springs had the highest price and oldest build date. Wheres that car been for 10 months!
Congrats, brother! Can't wait to see photos!

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security

Thanks for the details and Congrats! So you're saying the one manual coming in March you're able to secure at MSRP, while the automatics are still marked up? How did you find out about the exact build date? I would think the manual will be more in demand from most Z buyers, but apparently not at least in Colorado.

Papa G Z

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sky redline
Occupation
VP Sales
correct. The dealer on manual said they don't do the mark up stuff. I think it comes down to a dealer not hung up on the hype. Most I talked to thought the Z was still the next best thing to sliced bread. For those really looking like on this forum, we know the issues and the value so we just have to find those dealers that "get it". What i didn't mention above was I also went to Bozarth Chevy in S. Denver on Saturday between Nissan dealers. They for the past several months we at $10K over on a C8 if you ordered or found on hand. Saturday they had a white one (not my color) and said they would sell it for MSRP. I asked, what if I ordered a Orange LT1 Convertible. He said they would sell for MSRP build price. Build price on one of those (as I have done numerous builds) is around $77K, $2K more than that yellow performance in Colorado Springs and its a helleva better sports car and a convertible V8. Sales said 3/4 month order turnaround (was a year).

On saturday while at lunch I was communicating with a Chevy dealer in Iowa. C8 Convertible Caffeine color LT2. Was $10K over, one email he was at $2K over. Was really thinking about it but still $93K but a LOADED Convertible C8!. I passed but they emailed me today on a survey asking what they could do better. I said not much but the over MSRP should go away as interest rates and ADM/Markups don't play well together and they need to stop that. He sent me a note and said "great suggestion".

MSRP is coming and hopefully examples will help along with some realistic dealers.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
correct. The dealer on manual said they don't do the mark up stuff. I think it comes down to a dealer not hung up on the hype. Most I talked to thought the Z was still the next best thing to sliced bread. For those really looking like on this forum, we know the issues and the value so we just have to find those dealers that "get it". What i didn't mention above was I also went to Bozarth Chevy in S. Denver on Saturday between Nissan dealers. They for the past several months we at $10K over on a C8 if you ordered or found on hand. Saturday they had a white one (not my color) and said they would sell it for MSRP. I asked, what if I ordered a Orange LT1 Convertible. He said they would sell for MSRP build price. Build price on one of those (as I have done numerous builds) is around $77K, $2K more than that yellow performance in Colorado Springs and its a helleva better sports car and a convertible V8. Sales said 3/4 month order turnaround (was a year).

On saturday while at lunch I was communicating with a Chevy dealer in Iowa. C8 Convertible Caffeine color LT2. Was $10K over, one email he was at $2K over. Was really thinking about it but still $93K but a LOADED Convertible C8!. I passed but they emailed me today on a survey asking what they could do better. I said not much but the over MSRP should go away as interest rates and ADM/Markups don't play well together and they need to stop that. He sent me a note and said "great suggestion".

MSRP is coming and hopefully examples will help along with some realistic dealers.
Excellent, posts like this are helpful! You're serious about being a buyer and communication will in most cases persuade a dealer to move for a quick sale, removing inventory. Shows you've been shopping around, and they know. Put the ball on their court to make that sale. Hey the market is cooling. Then keep good relations with that dealer later on. Waiting for your updates and delivery!

Papa G Z

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sky redline
Occupation
VP Sales
Thank you for your nice comments. I'm also a jeep guy with a 2014 Rubicon X Unlimited, set up to pull behind our motorhome. Love my Jeep, every time I get in it I smile, so versatile. Wife has Grand Cherokee.

Reach out to some dealers, let them know your a buyer at MSRP. They keep a list and someday you might find that one vehicle and that dealer ready to sell it and not worried that it's their only allocation and must maximize profits on their one and only. I was always clear with those I was in contact with that I understand supply and demand and profit maximization but.....I'm not that buyer.

Happy Hunting!

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Thank you for your nice comments. I'm also a jeep guy with a 2014 Rubicon X Unlimited, set up to pull behind our motorhome. Love my Jeep, every time I get in it I smile, so versatile. Wife has Grand Cherokee.

Reach out to some dealers, let them know your a buyer at MSRP. They keep a list and someday you might find that one vehicle and that dealer ready to sell it and not worried that it's their only allocation and must maximize profits on their one and only. I was always clear with those I was in contact with that I understand supply and demand and profit maximization but.....I'm not that buyer.

Happy Hunting!
Please post the dealers info here. I understand that he probably doesn’t have another car to sell (and I wouldn’t buy anyway because I’m in Australia) BUT I really think it’s important for you guys to celebrate those dealers doing the right thing, and totally bag anyone charging above MSRP.
If enough people do this, the dealerships doing the right thing will have a list of people, Nissan will have no option but to supply to those dealers with buyers…and those not doing the right thing will slowly learn to do so, or lose allocations to sell altogether .

This would not be against your laws, as Nissan would have the right to supply the cars to those dealers that have buyers lining up. Only if you all act together will things change

EDIT, in fact I think that one of the admin guys should start two pages…one labeled “trusted dealers selling for MSRP” and one labeled “shithead dealers trying to rip you off”

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
Please post the dealers info here. I understand that he probably doesn’t have another car to sell (and I wouldn’t buy anyway because I’m in Australia) BUT I really think it’s important for you guys to celebrate those dealers doing the right thing, and totally bag anyone charging above MSRP.
If enough people do this, the dealerships doing the right thing will have a list of people, Nissan will have no option but to supply to those dealers with buyers…and those not doing the right thing will slowly learn to do so, or lose allocations to sell altogether .

This would not be against your laws, as Nissan would have the right to supply the cars to those dealers that have buyers lining up. Only if you all act together will things change

EDIT, in fact I think that one of the admin guys should start two pages…one labeled “trusted dealers selling for MSRP” and one labeled “shithead dealers trying to rip you off”
I'll start :D here's my shortlist, none of them really confirmed they will sell it at MSRP, but they verbally communicated they intend on selling them at MSRP:
-AutoNation Nissan Chandler over in Chandler, AZ;
-Newton Nissan South in Shelbyville, TN;
-Fitzgerald Nissan Chambersburg in Chambersburg, PA;

On top of those, literally any Nissan that does VPP is a good choice, though I don't think the Z is on the VPP vehicle list quite yet. If anyone else wants to add on to the list of better dealerships here in the US, we may want to make a separate thread? It seems this forum is gaining more traction as more people get these cars, but we may want to steer any non-owners towards a thread with a shortlist of better dealers.