Does anyone have a Z yet?

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Glad people are getting their Zs, wonder how the production numbers will turn out in 2023. Remember the early Series 1 '1969' build 240Zs are sought after? Maybe 2022 build dates will become the 'Covid' Z specials someday.....

My first car out of High School Auto Shop, that was a fun beater build, hahaha. We cruised Whittier Blvd, along with buds with Camaro, Challenger, Dart, Cougar.
(Sorry for the crappy old photo)

1675006470748.png
Nice photo. My first car was an old 1965 Mustang, I got for $900. Had a lot of fun with that car, cut my teeth on it learning how to pull engines/transmissions and work on a vehicle.

BengalZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
future Nissan Z boulder grey perf. w/ red leather
I'm seeing on Facebook that a number of Aussies have already gotten their cars.
When I first joined this forum a couple weeks ago I realized that most people who have the new Z live in either Australia or Canada. I'm not sure why these cars are not available in the USA?

JohnNYC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Mercedes E350 bluetec. 2023 Nissan Z
When I first joined this forum a couple weeks ago I realized that most people who have the new Z live in either Australia or Canada. I'm not sure why these cars are not available in the USA?
I’m in the USA and picked my Z up last Tuesday. The Z is trickling in to USA dealerships. Go to cargurus and search for them.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Aus has 0 coupes as yet…first deliveries look to be April/May depending on which state you live ( ship takes a long time to get all the way round)
There have been a handful of protos delivered.
NZ of all places seems to be leading the pack…but it appears their dealers haven’t been forced to keep their first allocation for a demo ( as they have in Aus) and have been putting them in their customers hands. Good on them I say

Most unusual

mtjohnson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 BMW M240i, 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia
I’m in the USA and picked my Z up last Tuesday. The Z is trickling in to USA dealerships. Go to cargurus and search for them.

being that you are one of the few people to have the Z - Ha e you noticed it’s sound system being particularly abysmal? Not that I’m a bass head - but my sound is so thin, I wonder if I even have any sub at all….I wasn’t expecting miracles from a Bose system, but I’m not certain there isn’t an actual problem with my cars audio system.
Do you get much sound when you move the fade from front to back? I get next to nothing when the sound is shifted to be “rear” dominant

Just curious….

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
finally got a message from my dealer. they are getting a Z this week.

i was at my job when i saw a vm from an unknown number. they were closed by the time i got off work.

will be calling first thing tomorrow...

JohnNYC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
being that you are one of the few people to have the Z - Ha e you noticed it’s sound system being particularly abysmal? Not that I’m a bass head - but my sound is so thin, I wonder if I even have any sub at all….I wasn’t expecting miracles from a Bose system, but I’m not certain there isn’t an actual problem with my cars audio system.
Do you get much sound when you move the fade from front to back? I get next to nothing when the sound is shifted to be “rear” dominant

Just curious….
Honestly, I haven’t even driven it or turned in the radio. It’s been at the car spa for 2 weeks waiting patiently to get the xpel wrap clear film paint protection installed. But I will definitely test out the stereo, mine has the Performance package with upgraded Bose system. Hope it sounds amazing!

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Bose is ok but not enough. I’m probably gonna put in 10 inch sub in it

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Bose is ok but not enough. I’m probably gonna put in 10 inch sub in it
Something I may do eventually. Kind of low on my priority list for the moment. I've had subs in literally every car I've owned. Even my 78 has a custom built under floor 12" shallow mount, and full component system with fabricated 6.5" kicks in the footwell and three amps stuffed into under a false floor. Hardly have it on because I love the sound of the L28 LOL

mtjohnson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wasn’t expecting much from the Bose system - My Infiniti had a Bose system and while it wasnt great, it was demonstrably better than the Z. it sounds so thin - like the subwoofer may not be working at all…

JohnNYC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wasn’t expecting much from the Bose system - My Infiniti had a Bose system and while it wasnt great, it was demonstrably better than the Z. it sounds so thin - like the subwoofer may not be working at all…
It’s a huge subwoofer like the size of a spare tire… hope it’s something easy to fix!

mtjohnson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It’s a huge subwoofer like the size of a spare tire… hope it’s something easy to fix!
Got a chance to actually look into this today....The Subwoofer was in fact disconnected. Good to go now :)