Not open for further replies.

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
For me, spending 5k over MSRP is a drop in a bucket. I made my worth and now I get to enjoy it while some folks here will sulk and envy.

I'm trolling all you for being butthurt and quite frankly, sounds like y'all can't afford a car.

Money talks, I got it, it's talking and in the end I'm getting what I want.
Good for you champ. Guess the rest of us that expected Nissan to honor the MSRP price are stupid and poor and can’t afford cars.

And who the fuck openly brags about paying over MSRP for a Z or any car for that matter? “Hey guys look at me - I have so much money to burn I’ll pay whatever they charge me.”

Congrats you’re paying Cayman prices for a Z.

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
I adore how everyone want's to live in a perfect world; full honesty and being genuine. That being manufacturers being transparent in terms of delivery/delays/production rates, dealerships be honest with allocations and purchase orders and honor this thing called "MSuggestedRP",and fnally consumers to respect queues around reservations.

But, then attack or make a mockery of the those who are being genuine about their decisions, being honest in their situation all in the name of saying "well that person is just trolling, that person is belittling those in this bucket"

Like ffs.
I'm not labeling or throwing shade to anyone or idea..

I respect those waiting for MSRP deals.
I just dont foresee that situation this year.
Then for those same people to go and shame dealership trying to make a buck with markups; to shame consumers willing to pay the markups.
That's the irony in all this....

Congrats you'll own a 2023 Z in 2026, with 100k miles and after some ricer messed with the integrity of the car.
but congrats for finally getting your Z for Honda prices.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
This thread is useless, really! We all know the current situation. Then throw in the incessant bragging, there is no point.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hahaha, why'd you edit your life story out champ?

Only thing I'm ironing out and moving on with is a contract on a new Performance Z for the Spring, hope you can say the same thing "superstar"
I can…and I won’t be paying a cent over ….so what’s your point?

BUMBLZ

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z ProtoSpec, 2013 Fire Orange M3
Occupation
Speed addict ;-)
LOL , THEY DON'T EVEN ADD ANY OPTIONS! Just Mark the bitch up. I like everyone else most likely were on several dealers wait Lists, when the first showed up I was called went to see and was told $110,000. I laughed told them it's not like its a BMW and negotiated.... took another couple weeks of conversations but finally came down to a level ,$$$ over MSRP, I WAS comfortable with. Take your time don't rush and as someone else stated, no one is forcing you , to buy?, (I wouldn't sell them My M3)

OrangeBeatsBlack~2.jpg

BUMBLZ

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z ProtoSpec, 2013 Fire Orange M3
Occupation
Speed addict ;-)
I really think you're misunderstanding the situation... Put simply... The car is sold at MSRP and the dealer just added stupid packages and told me they cannot remove it.

At least I'm getting something tangible with the packages and am not just paying for markups without value....
What was added??? I have no doubt it was already on it and or it was stupid bullshit added with ridiculous prices for what ever it was.... Like Ceramic coat for 1500. LOL either way they taking us all for for a markup ride. Me Included.

Nezluver66

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 toyota gr supra 3.0 premium
I walked into this dealership just being curious. Yellow sport M/T on the showroom floor. I was in there about ten minutes checking it out and not one sales person said anything to me. I was SHOCKED because this is a hot selling car. So I went home trying to figure out why nobody said anything to me about the car. Then I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror and figured it out. I didn't have STUPID written across my face.

20230213_185632.jpg

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.
I’m an Aussie, so do not have to put up with this shit.
But I just don’t understand how anyone can defend a dealer selling even $1 above sticker.
The company sets the price because that is what it is worth.
Every time another person accepts JUST a 5k mark up another dealer laughs all the way to the bank and is further vilified….and another ten dealers think, well I’m not selling at sticker.

I find it very hard that a forum that is supposed to be for enthusiasts of the Nissan brand continues to accept talk about mark ups being acceptable and just a part of life.
It’s only a part of life because the USA has accepted it, but that doesn’t make it right.

In Aus it’s illegal to sell above MSRP, but that doesn't mean that a dealer can’t REDUCE prices to create competition. You can have it both ways

You can come at me with every excuse to try and justify it…but it’s unjustifiable.
I’ll add I won’t bother responding to anyone who thinks differently, because they will never see my point, and I will never see theirs

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
Oh the "only pay MSRP" Troll(s) are back!
If you've already "said it before" - why come back and repeat yourself...

Really proving my point about some people being immature

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright

sorry, but this is coming from the guy that is openly bragging about overpaying for a NISSAN 😆... Its like bragging about paying over msrp on a saturn in 2006

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Take some more chill pills....

No one is forcing you to buy anything over MSRP nor to go to dealer's for service (hell i stopped going to dealer's for service when I hit 20 years old and learned that they are sharks in the water; and screw all the "void your warranty" scare if you go outside of authorized service centers [why do insurance companies leverage private service centers as opposed to dealer centers in many cases...])

Not here to talk trash, but money talks.

I'm in the midst of working a deal for a Z outside of my local area.
Yes, they tacked on some "options" telling me it's mandatory.
I live in Canada and we have some decent laws preventing the price to be over MSRP and instead dealers tack on these options to make coin.

Look man, idgaf - i want the car and i can afford the car even if it's 10,20, hell even 30k over "MSRP" (S = suggested... i think people forget what this word means...)
So don't be whining just because there are folks out there (clueless or not) willing to pay "more" then it "should" be worth.

I want the car as early as physically possible here in Canada and will go through hoops to make it so.
it's simple supply and demand... not enough supply with huge demand lends itself to "unreasonable" (which is all subjective....) pricing.

You can wait maybe months, maybe years to get something that YOU think is worth it.

But again, in my case, i have some $$$$ and i think it's worth every dime to get the car as early as I can.
You're the reason dealers fuck people. Your mom must be so proud.

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
All coming in troves eh...
Wanted to post the images with my own Z post and explain my story in full...
But since the mom jokes are coming out.... y'all can see what i actually paid.... (spoiler: just 3k CAD over MSRP...)

Below are the details..
you'll see the sale description, what i actually signed for and descriptions of the mandatory "Dealer Care Package" & "Province Winter Package".

I did my every effort to remove these mandatory packages, - dealer did not budge.

SALE DESCRIPTION:
Sale Price.jpg

What I SIGNED (note: I added the Chemical protection):
Signed Price.jpg

Description of the "Mandatory Packages" found in the sale description:
Package Description.jpg

folks... i got one of the first Zs in Canada (i believe the second white...) , this contract was signed in mid Jan... Dealer is holding in showroom until i pick it up and drive it back home come early Spring
Getting full PPF done with a vendor i found in the area as well...

Sincerely, good luck to any who find one at MSRP.
I was in a situation where 3k in markup was nothing for me and to more importantly GUARANTEE a car for this spring was my desire....

I still believe many immature or frustrated people here... y'all need to chill and distance yourself from emotions and attacking both members and dealers just because things aren't going the way YOU wanted them too..

OP
OP
takemorepills

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
All coming in troves eh...
Wanted to post the images with my own Z post and explain my story in full...
But since the mom jokes are coming out.... y'all can see what i actually paid.... (spoiler: just 3k CAD over MSRP...)

Below are the details..
you'll see the sale description, what i actually signed for and descriptions of the mandatory "Dealer Care Package" & "Province Winter Package".

I did my every effort to remove these mandatory packages, - dealer did not budge.

SALE DESCRIPTION:
Sale Price.jpg

What I SIGNED (note: I added the Chemical protection):
Signed Price.jpg

Description of the "Mandatory Packages" found in the sale description:
Package Description.jpg

folks... i got one of the first Zs in Canada (i believe the second white...) , this contract was signed in mid Jan... Dealer is holding in showroom until i pick it up and drive it back home come early Spring
Getting full PPF done with a vendor i found in the area as well...

Sincerely, good luck to any who find one at MSRP.
I was in a situation where 3k in markup was nothing for me and to more importantly GUARANTEE a car for this spring was my desire....

I still believe many immature or frustrated people here... y'all need to chill and distance yourself from emotions and attacking both members and dealers just because things aren't going the way YOU wanted them too..
You don't like the "mom jokes" but you called WA an immature troll ?

Oh, ok then.

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
You don't like the "mom jokes" but you called WA an immature troll ?

Oh, ok then.
dude... i don't even know where you come up with this stuff..
mom jokes - referring to the person who said "your mom must be so proud"....

I don't know any of the folks on here like you do, so much in detail i guess... WA? she being a mom i guess? okay...

Status
Not open for further replies.