Dealerships have no shame

Status
Not open for further replies.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Almost beating a dead horse here, but...

We all know how dealerships OPENLY will butt rape their customers..... won't even try to hide it anymore.

In USA it's "adjusted market value" because fuck you, and on top of the AMV/ADM they'll even tack on a bunch of "options" that whoops, aren't so optional because they already "installed" them and you should pay for those too!

But, what really chaps my ass is these shitty dealerships send me "friendly" reminders to bring my cars in (we have 3 that were usually dealership serviced) for routine service, as if they should be trusted and I should consider them a "good deal" with their coupons. After they quote someone, looking you straight in the eye, $10k over MSRP for whatever vehicle....

I'm just bringing this up because my Q60 is due again for service. This will be the first time I go to an independent shop for it. The dealership I usually have it serviced at tries to tack on upcharges on the Q60's they have in stock. Over $65k for a car that isn't competitive, relevant and about to be discontinued. I tried once recently to negotiate a deal on a AWD RS400 but they wouldn't fucking budge from $5k over MSRP. That car just sits there (I have the older VQ37 Q60, I would consider the twin turbo if the price was more reasonable) and they want to present themselves as a great option to continue doing business with....

They can go fuck off.....

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Your area must be smoking crack. In PA within 200 miles of me I've been seeing some crazy and very tempting deals on 2019+ Q60 Red Sport 400s.

Here's a few, namely this 2021 with 523 MILES going for $42k. And no that's not a typo they have a pic the dash odometer. VERY tempting (Unless they're trying some bait and switch BS). Also the 2nd one, mileage is kinda higher but still for $38k.. tempting again. Other than that there's about a dozen others under $45k with around the same mileage or less all 2019 or newer.

I think these will only keep going down from here, wouldn't be surprised if most of them hit $40k or less.

1673367970904.png

1673367990204.png

1673367912817.png

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
Take some more chill pills....

No one is forcing you to buy anything over MSRP nor to go to dealer's for service (hell i stopped going to dealer's for service when I hit 20 years old and learned that they are sharks in the water; and screw all the "void your warranty" scare if you go outside of authorized service centers [why do insurance companies leverage private service centers as opposed to dealer centers in many cases...])

Not here to talk trash, but money talks.

I'm in the midst of working a deal for a Z outside of my local area.
Yes, they tacked on some "options" telling me it's mandatory.
I live in Canada and we have some decent laws preventing the price to be over MSRP and instead dealers tack on these options to make coin.

Look man, idgaf - i want the car and i can afford the car even if it's 10,20, hell even 30k over "MSRP" (S = suggested... i think people forget what this word means...)
So don't be whining just because there are folks out there (clueless or not) willing to pay "more" then it "should" be worth.

I want the car as early as physically possible here in Canada and will go through hoops to make it so.
it's simple supply and demand... not enough supply with huge demand lends itself to "unreasonable" (which is all subjective....) pricing.

You can wait maybe months, maybe years to get something that YOU think is worth it.

But again, in my case, i have some $$$$ and i think it's worth every dime to get the car as early as I can.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Take some more chill pills....

No one is forcing you to buy anything over MSRP nor to go to dealer's for service (hell i stopped going to dealer's for service when I hit 20 years old and learned that they are sharks in the water; and screw all the "void your warranty" scare if you go outside of authorized service centers [why do insurance companies leverage private service centers as opposed to dealer centers in many cases...])

Not here to talk trash, but money talks.

I'm in the midst of working a deal for a Z outside of my local area.
Yes, they tacked on some "options" telling me it's mandatory.
I live in Canada and we have some decent laws preventing the price to be over MSRP and instead dealers tack on these options to make coin.

Look man, idgaf - i want the car and i can afford the car even if it's 10,20, hell even 30k over "MSRP" (S = suggested... i think people forget what this word means...)
So don't be whining just because there are folks out there (clueless or not) willing to pay "more" then it "should" be worth.

I want the car as early as physically possible here in Canada and will go through hoops to make it so.
it's simple supply and demand... not enough supply with huge demand lends itself to "unreasonable" (which is all subjective....) pricing.

You can wait maybe months, maybe years to get something that YOU think is worth it.

But again, in my case, i have some $$$$ and i think it's worth every dime to get the car as early as I can.
I don't know if it's supply and demand, my dealer on Vancouver Island has two Z's on the floor for sale,they have been there since Christmas Eve.They want 74k for a performance and consderably more for the proto.No way am I paying over MSRP for any car.If my pre order is more than MSRP they can keep it.I can get the BMW m240i for less than that.

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
I don't know if it's supply and demand, my dealer on Vancouver Island has two Z's on the floor for sale,they have been there since Christmas Eve.They want 74k for a performance and consderably more for the proto.No way am I paying over MSRP for any car.If my pre order is more than MSRP they can keep it.I can get the BMW m240i for less than that.
You do you champ.

Having two cars up for sale for the past 2 weeks, especially over holidays is no indication of "supply". For all we know, they (That dealership or hell even island of vancouver) wont be getting more then those 2 for the entire year.

It's all a gamble, to each their own.
If you think more cars will come AT MSRP, then wait and play the dice, will it be during the peak driving season? maybe, maybe not.
(There are so many factors to consider, and I personally don't think these factors will positively influence the availability/price of the Z anytime soon)

I'm not willing to take that chance and want my Z for maximum road time this year.
With that, i'm willing to pay whatever "options/markups" that is within MY BUDGET.

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
You do you champ.

Having two cars up for sale for the past 2 weeks, especially over holidays is no indication of "supply". For all we know, they (That dealership or hell even island of vancouver) wont be getting more then those 2 for the entire year.

It's all a gamble, to each their own.
If you think more cars will come AT MSRP, then wait and play the dice, will it be during the peak driving season? maybe, maybe not.
(There are so many factors to consider, and I personally don't think these factors will positively influence the availability/price of the Z anytime soon)

I'm not willing to take that chance and want my Z for maximum road time this year.
With that, i'm willing to pay whatever "options/markups" that is within MY BUDGET.
If anything, you are screwing yourself over lol, literally tossing away money at that point. As you said, "You do you champ."

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
If anything, you are screwing yourself over lol, literally tossing away money at that point. As you said, "You do you champ."
Thanks for the warning?
68k CAD before tax on an auto performance... And to say I'm probably in the first 10 to purchase in Canada.
Yea I'm doing me champ.

But I can understand the pesky folks who only want to get something at exactly MSRP.... Good luck on that!

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I coulda bought my Z proto at Walmart for 99 cents but I bought it at Safeway for $1.25. I was a little worried after the $10 dozen of eggs, but my budget still got room for that quarter.

Champ 4 life!
That's 20% Safeway ADM!! Sign of the times..... 🤟

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Yes, but it doesn’t look as good as the Z. Parts? Like 3x more on the 240

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Thanks for the warning?
68k CAD before tax on an auto performance... And to say I'm probably in the first 10 to purchase in Canada.
Yea I'm doing me champ.

But I can understand the pesky folks who only want to get something at exactly MSRP.... Good luck on that!
I
Where do you live? They can’t mark it up in Canada. It’s 59k plus taxes and freight. So how you getting 68k plus tax?

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
I
Where do you live? They can’t mark it up in Canada. It’s 59k plus taxes and freight. So how you getting 68k plus tax?
Not willing to disclose any details as I'm still working on the contract finalization.

What I can share is that it's a performance spec, automatic trans, and a color which costs $950.

You can do the math, the rest of the price are dealer packages, majority being "mandatory" from what BS they told me. I added a package specifically as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.