First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1973 Datsun 240Z, 1993 Nissan 300ZX
Occupation
gainfully unemployed.
I see your 27.7 and raise! (from our cross country trip Chicago to KC to California) (there were a couple of 100+ mph stretches in there, but not enough to overcome the 25 mph local driving....)
PXL_20230621_205652338.jpg

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
I see your 27.7 and raise! (from our cross country trip Chicago to KC to California) (there were a couple of 100+ mph stretches in there, but not enough to overcome the 25 mph local driving....)
PXL_20230621_205652338.jpg
Go 9-speed!

I noticed that the manual reset 2 drive computer is almost the same as your total milage. I'm planning to never reset that one on my car. I'm interested to see the lifetime milage years from now. I've taken to using the auto-refuel for each tank, and manual reset 1 for multi-tank trips. I'm trying to decide if I should even bother with the other trip odometers (A and B). This car has 5 trip odometers!

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
bumping this thread to see if gas has gone up/down/about the same in your area.

ive got a feeling prices will start to plummet the closer we get to election time :rolleyes:

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
Gas prices on Long Island from steady 3.20ishto 3.50ish this week

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
$3-$3.15 for regular in Houston.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
Back up to the $5.50 range for 91 out here. Needless to say, I have been racking up the miles on the electric car.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Back up to the $5.50 range for 91 out here. Needless to say, I have been racking up the miles on the electric car.
CA bureaucrats are out of control! Also using my Model Y LR for most trips now, local and distance.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
CA bureaucrats are out of control! Also using my Model Y LR for most trips now, local and distance.
how are these ev's holding up?
any major downsides so far?

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
I just turned over 23K miles on mine. Rotated the tires 3 times and thats about it. Downside for me is slow charging so I dont travel far in it. A Tesla charges like 400x faster than my car. But for how I use it, it is perfectly fine. Charge it like twice a week and cost me nothing since I have solar. Last electricity bill was a credit of $75. Way nicer than having to shell out $300-400 a month in gas. But yes, it is soul-less and boring to drive.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Once you're satisfied with delivery, they should hold up fine, less maint items to take care of going forward. Downside to any EV is range does get affected by many factors, speed, grade, temperature, need to be aware of. But the current software will let you know when closer to needing charge, i.e. direct you to nearest station or warn you if range is less than a nearby station. Best of course, is one pedal driving, using up less brake pads, plus cost of charging if mostly at home. Hey, quiet cruising is also a big plus, cuts down on fatigue. I've done several 400-500 mi trips to see my daughter up north. Of course another big plus, that instant torque, find any hole in traffic and you're there!