Jah's Everest White Build Thread

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
Thanks so much everyone! Im so damn excited lol. Ive been catching up on work but lets get into the details / story.

Like many of you guys/gals, Ive been eyeing the Z since before the launch event. Ive shared many of your frustrations with the lanuch and the entire process, and ive been very vocal about that over the years.

It got to a point after 2 years I just gave up. Stopped searching and went to my local Toyota dealer pursuing a Supra. Problem is getting a Supra isnt a quick process either (as I found out), especially if you want a certain color / spec. So I accepted the fact id be waiting awhile. The whole time I couldnt stop thinking about Z's though.

I decided to call around and all the prices were absolutely insane (I posted quite a few on here). What I started doing however is calling some places back under a different number / name and found some sales people would give me different prices LOL. Called a few who told me 20k over one day, and then 10k over the next day. That pisses me off but whatever.

Eventually found a place in NJ who had the exact spec I wanted. I originally wanted blue but after seeing a few of you with white, I was hooked. I called and they said 20k over. Told them absolutely not, goodbye. Called back 2 days later and someone else said 20k as well but asked me for an offer. I said msrp hahahaha. He then followed up with 6k over and I said nope sorry. Later in the day they called me back and said he'd do 2k over and it has to be gone in 2 days.

I said no prob, drove down 5 hours to NJ and did the deal. So I did pay 2k over msrp which honestly im not mad about at all. It also had the $200 window etching but i think thats kinda inevitable at most dealers. Carmax is buying my STI for more than I paid in 2020 so in the end im happy.

Now lets get into the car. Honestly, I cant get over how good it looks in person. Pictures dont do the paint justice. I think its absolutely stunning and im amazed with just how many people are interested in it. Just coming home I got a ton of waves, thumbs up, double takes, etc. Also some kids trying to race me but whatever.

Its a very smooth ride, or at least I think so initially. Didnt seem harsh or uncomfortable after 5 hours. Very easy to drive and had no problems with the clutch, although the lift point is much higher than my STI. Its definitely a smaller car, im 6'3 220lbs and have good leg room but not much above my head lol.

I also don't find the speakers to be that bad. Im not some big audio guy so maybe its ignorance but to me they were fine for highway cruising.

The exhaust is pretty bad lol. I absolutely cannot wait to change it. Its way too quiet for me. Im waiting for more info from AWE or ive been eyeing HKS and the new Soho motorsports exhaust which looks nice.

My build date is 12/22 and I dont have the hood paint issues, but i do think my katana is slightly misaligned like others posted. Ill add more up close pics shortly. Cant tell if im crazy or not.

Overall im just happy the buying experience is over because fuck all that. Like a full time job trying to get one lol. I guess worth it now though. Here are a couple of pics from the trip home and in my driveway with the STI. Of course ill be sharing more regularly now thats its home.

20230601_083141.jpg

20230602_195859.jpg

20230602_195955.jpg

20230601_184443.jpg
Nice! And thanks for the driving report.

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
Mine also had this like 7 dollar NJ tire protection fee or something I can't remember, and the financing guy says "don't worry I'll take that off because you're in NY" lol!! Bless your heart the 7 bucks is gone woooo!!
$7 fee? Sounds like a near-dealbreaker. ;) That gave me a good laugh, what with dealers trying to gouge $20K or more.

OP
OP
Jah_Happy

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Congrats on your Z.
Welcome to the Everest Club.
Enjoy the cruising and soak it in, after break-in, she's a beast!

A CBE will satisfy your needs on the Sound.
Thanks! After seeing yours and a few others on here, I was sold on white. Its stunning.

Monzared

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VWs, Subarus, Porsches, Shelbys
Just a gorgeous car. congrats

JohnNYC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Mercedes E350 bluetec. 2023 Nissan Z
View attachment 17008

Still pretty shocked honestly. Whole thing happened pretty fast. Have a 5 hour trip home and a LOT to share but I officially own it! 6mt with blue interior.

More to come....

Edit: 2nd page, post #26 has my thoughts / details
Congrats on the new Z! I love the combo white/blue. I just hit 1,000 miles on my boulder gray/blue performance 6mt, and will then set the hounds of hell loose! You know youā€™re driving something special when a new Lamborghini Urus pulls alongside, puts the window down and starts doing a video of your Z. Iā€™m in Brooklyn, drive around NYC and Westchester few times a week and I have never seen another Z. Thatā€™s pretty much been my life since buying my Z, lots of enthusiasts taking pics/videos, asking questions, honking, flashing lights, and giving thumbs up. I love driving my Z! Also considering an exhaust swap, lots of drivers purposefully come alongside and put their window down just to confirm the news about how silent the new Z isā€¦ ughhhh

OP
OP
Jah_Happy

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Congrats on the new Z! I love the combo white/blue. I just hit 1,000 miles on my boulder gray/blue performance 6mt, and will then set the hounds of hell loose! You know youā€™re driving something special when a new Lamborghini Urus pulls alongside, puts the window down and starts doing a video of your Z. Iā€™m in Brooklyn, drive around NYC and Westchester few times a week and I have never seen another Z. Thatā€™s pretty much been my life since buying my Z, lots of enthusiasts taking pics/videos, asking questions, honking, flashing lights, and giving thumbs up. I love driving my Z! Also considering an exhaust swap, lots of drivers purposefully come alongside and put their window down just to confirm the news about how silent the new Z isā€¦ ughhhh
Thanks! Yeah Im shopping for exhausts as we speak. My STI had such a mean rumble to it with my AWE exhaust and although I know I wont get the rumble, I just need some noise in the Z! Soho Motorsports has a pretty nice sounding exhaust and im hoping AWE unveils theirs soon.

I love your BG / Blue combo as well, super nice! I wasnt sold on BG at first but in person I thought it looked great.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
View attachment 17008

Still pretty shocked honestly. Whole thing happened pretty fast. Have a 5 hour trip home and a LOT to share but I officially own it! 6mt with blue interior.

More to come....

Edit: 2nd page, post #26 has my thoughts / details
Congrats on your new Z!! Welcome to the 23 Z owners club!! Iā€™ve had my Proto since Sept 22. Havenā€™t seen another one since! White is so Nice!

OP
OP
Jah_Happy

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Congrats on your new Z!! Welcome to the 23 Z owners club!! Iā€™ve had my Proto since Sept 22. Havenā€™t seen another one since! White is so Nice!
Thanks! Ive only seen a red one in the wild which is pretty crazy. Still not sure if it was wrapped or not. Ive seen boulder gray and blue in showrooms but still no yellow. Id love to see it up close.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Thanks! Ive only seen a red one in the wild which is pretty crazy. Still not sure if it was wrapped or not. Ive seen boulder gray and blue in showrooms but still no yellow. Id love to see it up close.
Come to San Diego. The only two Proto Specs still in the inventory spreadsheet are here (I guess you can get a non-Proto Yellow, but those bronze wheels...why would you?). I've seen one of them, but at +$20k, it wasn't the spec for me. I've yet to see anything other than Yellow and Blue (mine) in the wild. I can't wait to see more.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Yellow looks really good. I loved the black I saw in TN (still available BTW for $56k, 4k miles I believe). I missed Soho's unveil of their White Z a little while ago.

Back on Topic, car looks incredible! Congrats again!

rvlbrs

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
2023 Z 6MT, 2021 Supra 3.0 AT, 2014 Toyota 86 6MT
Occupation
Media Production
Congrats! We just picked ours up today! You got my dream spec( blue interior). What dealer did you get it from? We got ours at Hilltop Nissan in East Hanover.