Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
2023 Z 6MT, 2021 Supra 3.0 AT, 2014 Toyota 86 6MT
Occupation
Media Production
FINALLY! I've searched on and off throughout last year to get this. The spec I was really searching for was White(exterior) and Blue interior. Honestly, I was ready to settle on every color outside of Ikazuchi Yellow(already have a yellow car). I was looking through the availability spreadsheet here and by chance, I found a White on black 6MT. I called and much to my surprise...It sat ever since it got there, and they were asking only $7500 over MSRP. I stepped away from my Dyno session to put a deposit down and pick it up on Saturday(today). Everything went smoothly and well...Here we are:cool:

First impressions:

I own a 2014 86, and a GR Supra so my impressions might be a little more broader than most. I think this car is excellent! It's honestly a sweet spot kind of car. Not too slow and not too fast. It's manual so that's a huge plus! My Supra even in stock form felt much quicker than this but honestly, the way the Z delivers power is still pretty exciting. I really love the simplicity of this car. It's more of a straightforward kind of ride. It's very comfortable! The clutch engagement and gear shift feel much much better than my 86. They did a great job with this drivetrain.

I love the exterior more in person. I was able to get into one(up close and personal) at the NYIAS back when it was first announced. The white really is something to see! The pearl and flake in it is awesome. Hands down the best color IMO. The front is still my favorite part of the exterior. The wheels and accents on the car have nice touches too.

It will ABSOLUTELY need an exhaust system because all I hear is the engine and nothing from the back. It's the quietest car in my lineup at this point haha. I've seen countless videos from manufacturers detailing how skinny the exhaust is on MT Z cars. The ride height is also pretty high so it will definitely be getting some lowering springs at some point (spacers as well). I don't have much input on the tires, their meh. Not the worst thing in the world but certainly not the best. I'll address that much later down the line when they need replacement.

It feels great to be back in a Z. I got my first Z when I was 17 [2007](1986 300ZX Non-Turbo, Blue Mist Metallic/Blue leather/Digital Dash/GLL Trim) and 3 other 1987 300ZX (MT, Grey, GL Trim) [2009-2016]. The car feels so familiar in a Z kind of way.

If you have an opportunity to get one, do so! I think this is a great caršŸ‘ I think if it was a toss-up to have this or a Supra, it's honestly up to how you like your cars.
The Supra has tons of personality even in stock form and when tuned, they are so impressive. I feel like this Z does have some character but it will definitely need some mods to give it more character.

Well, That's all I have for now. I'll definitely be sure to pop in and update this thread as I do more things and have more seat time with it!

IMG_5498.JPEG

OP
OP
rvlbrs

rvlbrs

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
Occupation
Media Production

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Congratulations! Looks great.

I really like the graphite interior on mine. Some might think it's boring, but I like to call it understated.

Enjoy!

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Woo congrats on your Z! Thanks for the comparisons as well I love the perspective. I agree white looks INCREDIBLE in person and I was also sold as soon as I saw it up close.

Exhaust and springs are next up on my list as well.

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
Congratulations on your purchase of another sweet ride! I only wish there were more Zā€™s out there for sale! Up here in Oklahoma, to even see any Z is rare. Much less see a 2023 Z. Adding Michelin Pilot 4 sā€™s, and Tuning with Cold air intakeā€™s really enhanced its power capability. I would love to update the suspension, and exhaust. But waiting to see what others are doing before I commit. šŸ˜Š

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
FINALLY! I've searched on and off throughout last year to get this. The spec I was really searching for was White(exterior) and Blue interior. Honestly, I was ready to settle on every color outside of Ikazuchi Yellow(already have a yellow car). I was looking through the availability spreadsheet here and by chance, I found a White on black 6MT. I called and much to my surprise...It sat ever since it got there, and they were asking only $7500 over MSRP. I stepped away from my Dyno session to put a deposit down and pick it up on Saturday(today). Everything went smoothly and well...Here we are:cool:

First impressions:

I own a 2014 86, and a GR Supra so my impressions might be a little more broader than most. I think this car is excellent! It's honestly a sweet spot kind of car. Not too slow and not too fast. It's manual so that's a huge plus! My Supra even in stock form felt much quicker than this but honestly, the way the Z delivers power is still pretty exciting. I really love the simplicity of this car. It's more of a straightforward kind of ride. It's very comfortable! The clutch engagement and gear shift feel much much better than my 86. They did a great job with this drivetrain.

I love the exterior more in person. I was able to get into one(up close and personal) at the NYIAS back when it was first announced. The white really is something to see! The pearl and flake in it is awesome. Hands down the best color IMO. The front is still my favorite part of the exterior. The wheels and accents on the car have nice touches too.

It will ABSOLUTELY need an exhaust system because all I hear is the engine and nothing from the back. It's the quietest car in my lineup at this point haha. I've seen countless videos from manufacturers detailing how skinny the exhaust is on MT Z cars. The ride height is also pretty high so it will definitely be getting some lowering springs at some point (spacers as well). I don't have much input on the tires, their meh. Not the worst thing in the world but certainly not the best. I'll address that much later down the line when they need replacement.

It feels great to be back in a Z. I got my first Z when I was 17 [2007](1986 300ZX Non-Turbo, Blue Mist Metallic/Blue leather/Digital Dash/GLL Trim) and 3 other 1987 300ZX (MT, Grey, GL Trim) [2009-2016]. The car feels so familiar in a Z kind of way.

If you have an opportunity to get one, do so! I think this is a great caršŸ‘ I think if it was a toss-up to have this or a Supra, it's honestly up to how you like your cars.
The Supra has tons of personality even in stock form and when tuned, they are so impressive. I feel like this Z does have some character but it will definitely need some mods to give it more character.

Well, That's all I have for now. I'll definitely be sure to pop in and update this thread as I do more things and have more seat time with it!

IMG_5498.JPEG
Welcome to the Owners Club! Spot on with your assessment ā€¦similar to mine!!

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z

First impressions:

IMG_5498.JPEG
That looks amazing.

There are tons of white cars where I live, but none of them look like this. They really did something special with that color. Wow.

OP
OP
rvlbrs

rvlbrs

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
Occupation
Media Production
Thanks for the words and welcomes ya'll!

Glad to be here! If anyone in the tri-state wants to do a Summer RZ34 meet, I'd be down to organize it! I'll create a thread in the regional section and gauge interest from there. I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about when it comes to pre and post-purchase!

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Good info and congratulations. Hope you have a lot of fun with your car. Nice to see how sharing of information has resulted in cars being found and purchased.

OP
OP
rvlbrs

rvlbrs

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
Occupation
Media Production
Hey guys,

Just popping in for a 5500-mile update. Once i passed break-in, I had some good fun with the car. It's been a few months of ownership. Pretty much most of the summer I drove this as a daily. Since then, i've installed an HKS catback exhaust(2nd week of ownership), and AMS Performance Intakes (sometime in August). These have greatly helped with adding character, and some pre-tuned power. I still very much want to get LDP (Lower down pipes) and a tune to bring up the power to a much sweeter spot. The car doesn't feel slow. It just feels "limited" in its current form now. I started to feel that way with the Supra after a Stage 1 tune. I saw all over IG and YT what it was capable of with a downpipe and tune. That might be where my hesitation with getting just a tune comes from. The power bug is something else...I'd rather install the LDP and skip Stage 1 and go straight to Stage 2 lol

Although the Swift lowering springs are available, I'm patiently waiting for Eibach to release a lowering spring for this RZ34. I run the Pro kit lowering springs on the Supra and the Sportlines on the FRS/86. I've always liked the drops their springs have. If they have no plans to do a lowering spring, then i'll just go with the Swift springs.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey guys,

Just popping in for a 5500-mile update. Once i passed break-in, I had some good fun with the car. It's been a few months of ownership. Pretty much most of the summer I drove this as a daily. Since then, i've installed an HKS catback exhaust(2nd week of ownership), and AMS Performance Intakes (sometime in August). These have greatly helped with adding character, and some pre-tuned power. I still very much want to get LDP (Lower down pipes) and a tune to bring up the power to a much sweeter spot. The car doesn't feel slow. It just feels "limited" in its current form now. I started to feel that way with the Supra after a Stage 1 tune. I saw all over IG and YT what it was capable of with a downpipe and tune. That might be where my hesitation with getting just a tune comes from. The power bug is something else...I'd rather install the LDP and skip Stage 1 and go straight to Stage 2 lol

Although the Swift lowering springs are available, I'm patiently waiting for Eibach to release a lowering spring for this RZ34. I run the Pro kit lowering springs on the Supra and the Sportlines on the FRS/86. I've always liked the drops their springs have. If they have no plans to do a lowering spring, then i'll just go with the Swift springs.
Yeah i feel you on that, I'm in the same boat with wanting some more power now that I have some mods. I have intakes, exhaust, and lower dps. I think it's time to tune but I cant decide who i want to go with. Do you have any options in mind?

OP
OP
rvlbrs

rvlbrs

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
Occupation
Media Production
Yeah i feel you on that, I'm in the same boat with wanting some more power now that I have some mods. I have intakes, exhaust, and lower dps. I think it's time to tune but I cant decide who i want to go with. Do you have any options in mind?
If i'm going for a custom tune, I would go with SonicTuned or Racebox. I like that they're both pretty knowledgeable on the VR30 platform. The one thing I really like about SonicTuned is Mike Botti recommended him. Botti tunes my Supra. Their approach to tuning appears to be similar. Racebox has a ton of customers too and he seems to pay attention to the car and not just peak hp/tq numbers. Either one is good from my perspective.

If you wanna go off the shelf, I hear AMS and Z1 Motorsport are pretty solid.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If i'm going for a custom tune, I would go with SonicTuned or Racebox. I like that they're both pretty knowledgeable on the VR30 platform. The one thing I really like about SonicTuned is Mike Botti recommended him. Botti tunes my Supra. Their approach to tuning appears to be similar. Racebox has a ton of customers too and he seems to pay attention to the car and not just peak hp/tq numbers. Either one is good from my perspective.

If you wanna go off the shelf, I hear AMS and Z1 Motorsport are pretty solid.
Yeah I've heard good things about Sonic. Seems like he's often recommended.