Canadian Reserve List and Discussion

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The dealer only gets the car if you choose, you can move it to any dealer you want, that's what gives you leverage. Not a difficult concept, they lose a sale if you move it, regardless of what overall demand is.
I get the concept…I disagree

No dealer ( no matter how many times you try to move it ) is going to be doing deals when there is a waiting list. If you don't want it at the set price, dealer will sell it to someone who who does and doesn’t want a discount…the dealers will be pushing to sell extras, not giving discounts. No dealer will be taking a hit no matter how small…they don’t need to. Demand by far outstrips supply. At least initially
Dont be mistaken, you may have a contract…but if you have a way out, the dealer will too, no business has to sell you something especially if your asking for freebies when they have people waiting.
Nissan Canada is still over seeing it all, and can choose to redistribute your car if you don't want to pay what it’s worth

Last edited:
OP
OP
DevonK

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
But the dealer doesn't have a car to sell if you move it to a different dealer. I'm not talking about not buying the car, if you refuse it it'll just go back into Nissan Canada' s queue, the dealer you were going to buy it from isn't going to get it.

Sure, theoretically all the dealers could conspire not to compete with each other by refusing to offer deals on things like winter tires etc if you ask for them, but I can't see that happening, it's not in their nature. I do agree that no-one is going to discount the car itself.

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
But the dealer doesn't have a car to sell if you move it to a different dealer. I'm not talking about not buying the car, if you refuse it it'll just go back into Nissan Canada' s queue, the dealer you were going to buy it from isn't going to get it.

Sure, theoretically all the dealers could conspire not to compete with each other by refusing to offer deals on things like winter tires etc if you ask for them, but I can't see that happening, it's not in their nature. I do agree that no-one is going to discount the car itself.
We have to agree to disagree…im not saying discount the car…I’m saying no dealer will dicount anything.
if the car is a a given and sold out, then dealers will be trying to make more off the extras no less

Time will tell, I hope you are right…buy just can’t see it happening

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
We have to agree to disagree…im not saying discount the car…I’m saying no dealer will dicount anything.
if the car is a a given and sold out, then dealers will be trying to make more off the extras no less

Time will tell, I hope you are right…buy just can’t see it happening
I agree. My dealer said this car wont be sold under MSRP.

OP
OP
DevonK

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I agree. My dealer said this car wont be sold under MSRP.
I agree the dealer won't be discounting the car itself. I was thinking there may be room to push for better deals on say a winter wheel and tire package by leveraging your discretionary power re dealer selection.

But for me it's really academic anyway as I don't have the stomach to play that kind of hardball, and there is always a slight risk you could somehow lose the car altogether.

kwantum_shift

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Occupation
Automotive Technician
The dealer that I pre-ordered from on Jan 31 showed me my pre-order page, it shows an estimated RDR date of 2022/06/30. Might just be a placeholder, but it has me hopeful!

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Those would be really nice. Especially after seeing the Gun metallic with black/red burning rubber in Japan
My dealership advised me that as we get closer to getting a production date that Nissan may make more options available. I wanted the red accent interior with the boulder grey to pick up on the red brake calipers.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
The dealer only gets the car if you choose, you can move it to any dealer you want, that's what gives you leverage. Not a difficult concept, they lose a sale if you move it, regardless of what overall demand is.
I believe the presales group (January 26th to 29th roughly although it was supposed to go to Feb. 2nd but Nissan close it right away) was based on actual dealerships that were given allocations based on their high performance from their sales benchmarks moving Z's. If I forfeit this Z then my dealership keeps the car. I cannot take this car to another dealership. They were allocated based on past sales. This means there is a difference between the presales advanced group who all got order confirmations by placing their orders through the dealership to Nissan, than anyone who just went on the nissan.ca website and got on the reservation list.

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
My dealership advised me that as we get closer to getting a production date that Nissan may make more options available. I wanted the red accent interior with the boulder grey to pick up on the red brake calipers.
I hope so. This was the combo I was interested in as well.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very true. I called them and was told to email Nissan reservations.
Finally got through Nissan Reservation email. It’s def .com not .ca lol

update:

if you ordered during the limited order (January 26-Feb 2) and haven’t received an email from Nissan, it’s ok.The bill of sale is the reservation. Dealer will take care of the rest of you haven’t received any email, don’t worry about it like I have been. Was stressing hard over this lol. But solved now.

OP
OP
DevonK

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Finally got through Nissan Reservation email. It’s def .com not .ca lol
Well there is a dumb mistake on the part of Nissan, its definitely .ca in my initial reservation confirmation email. Thanks for passing this on!

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well there is a dumb mistake on the part of Nissan, its definitely .ca in my initial reservation confirmation email. Thanks for passing this on!
Ya, they screwed up on that. But once I put .com they replied within an hour. Even replying, they replied pretty quickly.