luckyjoewu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 3 series
Not suprised at the cancellations. Sad to see you guys go but it makes sense. Lack of communication, costs, cutting corners with lack of performance,
Paying premium for a overvalued car. The only thing keeping me in is because i already have waited and owning a Z has been in my books for a while now. Now summer is pretty much over and canada has stupid weather during this stretch i dont mind waiting till the new year now. Nissan has done a shit show of a release.
I'm still waiting... But I'm starting to look for something like a used m2 or m240...

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I'm still waiting... But I'm starting to look for something like a used m2 or m240...
Looking for a used C7 but man, the used prices are way higher then ever.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Yea, that's another reason for me to wait for the Z... I'm still in...
Same. If I do find a reasonable priced C7 I’m gonna bite. They’re going for 75-80k. Even 2015s. Which is crazy. They weren’t that price 2 years ago. Need it to cool off.

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
Not suprised at the cancellations. Sad to see you guys go but it makes sense. Lack of communication, costs, cutting corners with lack of performance,
Paying premium for a overvalued car. The only thing keeping me in is because i already have waited and owning a Z has been in my books for a while now. Now summer is pretty much over and canada has stupid weather during this stretch i dont mind waiting till the new year now. Nissan has done a shit show of a release.
I agree but wonder what interests rates will be then. If you have 70k cash to spend then kudo’s but personally I had around 30k and expected it to go further. With having to finance 40k at what could be 7-10% interest is an easy walk away for me. If they locked interest or pricing in it would of been a totally different story and plenty of manufactures do that (I purchased a new blazer like this) … honestly Nissan Canada should be ashamed. Not to mention people have no clue about the added bs coming like the fee’s below

F324080F-83E5-4675-88A2-0E3A4CABE97F.png

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I agree but wonder what interests rates will be then. If you have 70k cash to spend then kudo’s but personally I had around 30k and expected it to go further. With having to finance 40k at what could be 7-10% interest is an easy walk away for me. If they locked interest or pricing in it would of been a totally different story and plenty of manufactures do that (I purchased a new blazer like this) … honestly Nissan Canada should be ashamed. Not to mention people have no clue about the added bs coming like the fee’s below

Where are you getting these numbers from?

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Well I'm out, cancelled my reservation a few minutes ago. Between the delays, the price, and the mediocre reviews it was just not there for me. Enjoy your cars everyone, adios.
Okay I'm out too, cancelled my reservation. sad outcome but a relief too. maybe i ll come back in a couple of years when/if used cars start popping up with reasonable prices. Good luck everyone, hopefully deliveries start soon and the cars will worth it!
When did you guys preorder? At the dealer late Jan or from the online resevation?

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
millwright
Where are you getting these numbers from?
What numbers ? That’s literally what my dealer sent me for a 370z on their lot because they knew I’m tired to waiting and that’s without bs warranties they also tried to add on at first that most will be hit with .. also dealers will look to find people that want financing to maximize profit even more … I pulled my deposit
DAB21E07-E5C0-4F31-9CDD-97CA20ABE852.png

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550

I work in wholesale automotive, ssed cars market started cooling down in late july, interest rate hikes and high gas prices insanely lowering conversion, especially for trucks and v8s. Now after yet another .75 rate hike in canada, both new and used car markets will cool down even more, so i would give another few months

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
millwright
Exactly … next year this will be a 40,000cad car with Nissan on the brink of bankruptcy.. I’ll wait until then!

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
For anything to normalize, production needs to ramp up.

Expect to continue to see high prices despite the other changes in the market.

The pandemic reduced vehicle production by tens of millions. That also keeps future used car inventories tight for the foreseeable future.

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
millwright

The pandemic reduced vehicle production by tens of millions. That also keeps future used car inventories tight for the foreseeable future.
The new and used trucks on the lot sure paint a different picture… have you not went for a drive lately? everyone and their mother knows the bubble has popped
Sports cars, toys, full size trucks, diesels are forsale everywhere … call any dealer about trading in any one of them and listen to the surprised low offer

some of the snakes At dealerships I’ve been too sound line you … telling people trading in “the market isn’t there” and tell the people interested “they better hurry” or they will be too late 😆 classic dealership games

by chance do you work for a dealership? Because their the only ones lying to themselves. This isn’t a civic, brz, blazer, crv … it’s a 2 seater sport car … complete different game.

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
millwright

Do you work for a dealer?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Do you work for a dealer?
Nope.
I used to work in dealerships for over a decade
Currently, I frequently try to acquire a new vehicle, so I'm at dealerships often. They apparently haven't received the memo yet about the upcoming economic changes....

Oh, and my observations apply only to the left coast. We're not getting any breaks over here.