Results are only viewable after voting.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Seeing some gunmetal Zs recently has changed my mind on the whole black roof thing. I was all for a white Z w/black roof, but now I'm thinking I'd prefer the option of a body-colored roof. Seems like most of Nissan's lineup has this option.

What do we think?

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Seeing some gunmetal Zs recently has changed my mind on the whole black roof thing. I was all for a white Z w/black roof, but now I'm thinking I'd prefer the option of a body-colored roof. Seems like most of Nissan's lineup has this option.

What do we think?
I went to see the Z when it was on tour at our local dealer back in may and was suprised to find out the black roof is actually a wrap,you can feel the edge were the black meets the paint and also on the edges of the hatch.A few of us that were there found this quite dissapointing.Never really liked the floating roof design except on some of the cars from the 50's.I actually wanted silver till it had black roof so ordered the gunmetal instead, just wished it came with red interior

Longhorn2020

First Name
Jase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z
Occupation
Computer engineering
I'm team black roof. Without the black roof I don't like the way the car looks, something just doesn't look right. Gunmetal was my first choice until I found out it doesn't come with the black roof. Maybe that combo will be on the Nismo.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
I'm team black roof. Without the black roof I don't like the way the car looks, something just doesn't look right. Gunmetal was my first choice until I found out it doesn't come with the black roof. Maybe that combo will be on the Nismo.
Idk, this looks pretty good

FYE0W1MVEAA7aPq.jpeg

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
I also think the wraps you guys saw were solely due to preproduction units. If I'm wrong though, then it'll beq pretty easy to convert the black roof to body color.

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 R/T Challenger, Focus SE
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I also think the wraps you guys saw were solely due to preproduction units. If I'm wrong though, then it'll beq pretty easy to convert the black roof to body color.
The paint brochure called out a Nissan paint code for the roof/hatch. Gotta bet that's just a pre-production thing.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
Black roof. Plan was to get gunmetal with black roof but switched to Boulder and black roof since they won't offer the gunmetal with black roof.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
ive been of the opinion early on that the customer should be able to choose the roof color.

let's face it, some would look better than others with a black roof. i for the most part like color matched to the body

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ Today while walking the dog I saw an older Nissan Leaf which was bluey-silver bodied with neon orange roof and pillars ... it looked even more disgusting than the Leaf usually does! :)

You could always go for this type of roof option to help appease the greenies for you buying a new petrol car ... ;)

xXNA71M.jpg

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual

What do we think?
I was impressed with the gunmetal Z with body-coloured roof too, and I still think it looks pretty classy.

That said I have always wanted to paint the roof on my MR2 black, and when I saw the Z with the black roof I knew it would have to be my pick.