First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I'm pretty sure Nissan themselves said it was painted black. With that said, I believe you should have the option of either for all colors.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Body color for me. I never really got into the whole black roof or hood craze. Plus since its the only way it comes in Rosewood and that is the color I would get if I were to get one. If I'm not mistaken, I think gun metallic is the only other color that doesn't have the black roof at this point except for the black colored car or course.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
For the cost they charge for paint, we should have the option between body colored or black roof. Personally I like body colored better, but it still looks good with the black roof.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
For the cost they charge for paint, we should have the option between body colored or black roof. Personally I like body colored better, but it still looks good with the black roof.
Nissan won't be able to make enough Z's to meet demand, let alone have such diverse options.

I do agree that the paint charges seem excessive, and shouldn't be related to the supply issues ongoing

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Nissan won't be able to make enough Z's to meet demand, let alone have such diverse options.

I do agree that the paint charges seem excessive, and shouldn't be related to the supply issues ongoing
How is having the option for a body colored roof a drastically diverse option outside of Nissan's capabilities? They offer it on almost every other one of their cars, not to mention that it's cheaper and easier for them to produce Zs with body colored roof.

If Nissan's process is the same for painting the roof black as it is for the likes of Dodge and Ford, where yhe roof and/or hood is initially body colored, then removed, roughed up, and repainted black, then I would think Nissan would welcome a body colored roof option.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Body color for me. I never really got into the whole black roof or hood craze. Plus since its the only way it comes in Rosewood and that is the color I would get if I were to get one. If I'm not mistaken, I think gun metallic is the only other color that doesn't have the black roof at this point except for the black colored car or course.
Black comes with either black or body color roof. Only one that has both.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
How is having the option for a body colored roof a drastically diverse option outside of Nissan's capabilities? They offer it on almost every other one of their cars, not to mention that it's cheaper and easier for them to produce Zs with body colored roof.

If Nissan's process is the same for painting the roof black as it is for the likes of Dodge and Ford, where yhe roof and/or hood is initially body colored, then removed, roughed up, and repainted black, then I would think Nissan would welcome a body colored roof option.
Because if Nissan can only deliver a smattering of Z's due to priorities (Rogues and Pathfinders) during serious supply chain constraints, what do you think your chances, anyone's chances of getting the EXACT Z y'all want is?

I'm on my smartphone, so can't see what your location is, maybe you are somewhere you could order what you want. We don't get to order in USA. You get whatever slim pickings a dealership has, and maybe if a Z could be traded from a different dealership.

Now, if we are talking pre COVID era, I wouldn't even counterpoint your wish. That'd be great, the current Z lineup is pretty slim pickings, but that may be because of the production issues Nissan knew they'd be up against.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Can we just concentrate on getting the cars we've ordered as opposed to fantasizing about what options we'd all like? Time to wake up gang. I can't wait to start the real thread about who actually got a car and when. That will be the undoing on all the conjecture of this entire forum. Some of us actually buy cars and don't just fantasize about them.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Can we just concentrate on getting the cars we've ordered as opposed to fantasizing about what options we'd all like? Time to wake up gang. I can't wait to start the real thread about who actually got a car and when. That will be the undoing on all the conjecture of this entire forum. Some of us actually buy cars and don't just fantasize about them.
don't you know? life is just a fantasy...

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I'm pretty sure Nissan themselves said it was painted black. With that said, I believe you should have the option of either for all colors.
i believe it's painted also...in fact nissan even named the color, but i can't remember what it is. ironically it is a different shade than the all black z.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Because if Nissan can only deliver a smattering of Z's due to priorities (Rogues and Pathfinders) during serious supply chain constraints, what do you think your chances, anyone's chances of getting the EXACT Z y'all want is?

I'm on my smartphone, so can't see what your location is, maybe you are somewhere you could order what you want. We don't get to order in USA. You get whatever slim pickings a dealership has, and maybe if a Z could be traded from a different dealership.

Now, if we are talking pre COVID era, I wouldn't even counterpoint your wish. That'd be great, the current Z lineup is pretty slim pickings, but that may be because of the production issues Nissan knew they'd be up against.
I think we got our lines crossed. I thought you meant "capability" in the sense of whether or not it's feasible (shortages aside) for Nissan to do. With that said, even with shortages, I don't see why Nissan can't offer body colored options since it would actually make their lives easier.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Some of us aren't so impatient - willing to wait years if necessary to get the perfect Z. Dude this is a forum, it's built on conjecture.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Some of us aren't so impatient - willing to wait years if necessary to get the perfect Z. Dude this is a forum, it's built on conjecture.
I don't think the z will be around for very long ,I think it will be a limited run of about 4 years then it's over for this car.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
I don't think the z will be around for very long ,I think it will be a limited run of about 4 years then it's over for this car.
Unlikely. More like 6-7.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
Unlikely. More like 6-7.
Agreed. I can see this generation going for 8 years easy. Then it will get some kind of electrification for the next generation like the next GT-R is. The Z will be around as long as Nissan is around.

Last edited: