dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
stinger gt
I find the picture of the exhaust very interesting. The only way the large centre rear resonator could be utilized is if there is a flap/valve at the beginning of the exhaust tip on one side that would completely shut off thereby forcing the exhaust from that bank through the centre resonator to the opposite outlet, only opening up at appropriate times, it will be loud when this is happening as there is now only resonators to quieten it
However I don't believe Nissan has made any comment about bi modal exhaust

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
That exhaust looks really nice, probably will sound quite right.

The diff, hmm....lots of fins, either they are adding better heat dissipation, or, could it be...an e-diff?

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
i think the exhaust tips are the same as the Q60 red sport

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Do we know if the sport and performance model will have the same exhaust set up?

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
i think the exhaust tips are the same as the Q60 red sport
It is the same.
Do we know if the sport and performance model will have the same exhaust set up?
Sport trim: Dual w/ chrome finishers
Performance trim: Dual w/sport grade muffler

I'm guessing this is the performance trim. The naming they use is so confusing though. They call it the "sport grade muffler" yet it's on the performance trim. They should've just kept it base and performance or base and sport.

JoaquinJr

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW E46
I thought it was already shown that the performance trim would come equipped with two sport mufflers that resembled short tails that came as an option on the Infiniti Q50/60 platform.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
I thought it was already shown that the performance trim would come equipped with two sport mufflers that resembled short tails that came as an option on the Infiniti Q50/60 platform.
Not sure where you heard or saw that but that is incorrect sir. Below is directly from the spec sheet released from Nissan.
Sport trim: Dual w/ chrome finishers
Performance trim: Dual w/sport grade muffler

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Diff is going to be different. Looks like the heat sink was added as well - this is a good thing. Hopefully better diff bushings than what was used on the 370Z.

I believe my suspicions are correct on Nissan moving away from the R200 diff that was equipped in the Z33/Z34 and G37 cars and into the R190 diff that was used from the debut of the Q50 onward in the Q50 and Q60. It's possible the LSD will be sourced from AMS as it's already available as an option through Infiniti for the Q50/Q60.

Q50/Q60 Wavetrac Diff

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
The reflection rooks like an Asian guy.
they've probably have an enlarged photo of this guy at nissan hq asking if anyone knows who this is. ?