takemorepills

Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
The new exhaust design appears to be some kind of helmholtz resonater / sound canceling design. The length of the "H" connection between the two exhaust ports is purposeful to eliminate unwanted frequencies in a certain band. LOTS of thoughts go into that and this exhaust looks much lighter than prior models.

Interesting yet i see way to many similarities between this and the Z34 version. Nothing wrong with just making incremental improvements to a design that made a LOT of us happy over the year.
Yup, if they get the tuning right, the exhaust has the potential to sound very good. I think that's Nissan's goal.

BTW the new Z is also called "Z34" for some damn reason

Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
Yup, if they get the tuning right, the exhaust has the potential to sound very good. I think that's Nissan's goal.

BTW the new Z is also called "Z34" for some damn reason
That's cause the new Z still shares the same chassis from the 370Z.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT, Mustang GT PP2, Xterra Off-Road
Occupation
Software security
Right now I'm enjoying the braaaps of my Stang GT PP2 with active exhaust, all muscle! So different from the deep RB26 note of the 240Z. When the new Z comes out I hope the exhaust tuning will be on a higher tone (shreek), too bad no active exhaust offered though.

1641911284015.png

therumblewagon

Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5
Right now I'm enjoying the braaaps of my Stang GT PP2 with active exhaust, all muscle! So different from the deep RB26 note of the 240Z. When the new Z comes out I hope the exhaust tuning will be on a higher tone (shreek), too bad no active exhaust offered though.

1641911284015.png
Give the people a sound clip!

Drseckzytime

Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
I just hope it sounds decent enough to hold me over until AWE, ETS, or AMS comes out with something good. Then again if the catback is good, maybe a simple downpipe will be enough.