2JZ-No-Sh*t

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
not sure if it's the first thread to get locked here, but to me it shows the forum is growing as soon we'll get more opinionated and combative members join.

all we need now are some trolls to show up and let the douchebaggery begin...
I'm actually a little surprised that we don't have guys from our sister forum trolling here since they love to talk smack about the new Z lol. ?

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/visual-comparison-nissan-z-vs-toyota-supra.6426/

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/all-new-2023-nissan-z-makes-world-debut.10467/

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
I'm actually a little surprised that we don't have guys from our sister forum trolling here since they love to talk smack about the new Z lol. ?

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/visual-comparison-nissan-z-vs-toyota-supra.6426/

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/all-new-2023-nissan-z-makes-world-debut.10467/
Thats their safe space :p

Anywho anyone else surprised by the poll? Im alittle surprised to see that many people voting for the auto. I know in real life it will be closer to 50/50 but I just thought with it being an enthusiast forum and all that more people would have opted for the manual.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
not sure if it's the first thread to get locked here, but to me it shows the forum is growing as soon we'll get more opinionated and combative members join.

all we need now are some trolls to show up and let the douchebaggery begin...
Yeah…I’ve found this forum on the most part to be very respectful of others views ….hopefully it remains that way

zeeder

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 370Z ST 6MT
Since I’ll be keeping my 6MT 370 for a few more years before I can get into the new Z, unless I do something stupid, I may be wanting to do something different at that time. We’ll see how my knees and hips hold up lol.

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
I voted Auto, as no choice for undecided. I really want a manual but doubt my wife would go for it. While she can drive a manual it will be her daily and commutes in rush hour.

First Name
Steel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 WRX, 2017 Forester 2.0XT, 2021 Toyota Supra
Definitely the manual transmission.

As much as I love the Supra I really do miss a manual. I understand all of the benefits and extra features that come with the Supra because of the auto trans but the appeal of rowing your own gears still tops all. I have to admit though that the adaptive cruise control in the Supra is fan-fucking-tastic. I've used it in every heavy traffic situation I've been in and it's been great. I'll definitely miss it but just being able to choose my gear without having to go through all of them is what appeals to me.

Now if Toyota/BMW were to come out with a manual transmission Supra then I'd definitely have to get one. Preferably a "GRMN SUPRA" with an S58 engine and I'd buy the hell out of that one.

I'm just really hoping the new Z pulls as hard as the Supra and offers a manual.

Evenflow80

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z, Honda Civic SI
I respect everyone's preferences but a part of me is sad seeing so many sports cars enthusiasts want to get the Automatic Z. Its pretty sad to think that in a few years there might be no new cars at all coming out with manual transmission. It baffled me why Toyota made the Supra auto only but seeing all these responses on here, im starting to get why.

I just can't wrap my head as to why someone would want a sport cars in auto, but to each his own.

Z34_2.0

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
I respect everyone's preferences but a part of me is sad seeing so many sports cars enthusiasts want to get the Automatic Z. Its pretty sad to think that in a few years there might be no new cars at all coming out with manual transmission. It baffled me why Toyota made the Supra auto only but seeing all these responses on here, im starting to get why.

I just can't wrap my head as to why someone would want a sport cars in auto, but to each his own.
Same, the great thing with the Z is you get to have a choice. To answer your question about the Supra, I'm reading it's because BMW is the one that really calls the shots.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Don't know if this is the same 9AT as the Titan, but the 9AT in the Titan is apparently horrible.

We need to be careful about how Nissan deals with transmission issues. The Titans with 9AT are not being remedied, and the previous 7AT had the same issues in every vehicle it appeared in.

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
Odd that in the interview vid with Steve, Dan said it wasn't a MB unit... o_O

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
The tranny has a Z logo stamped onto it.