Applying PPF and Ceramic coating

RickydeeZ23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, Manual, sports
Occupation
RET
Can anyone tell me if PPF and Ceramic is the go too, or is there something else out there that can provide equal to or better than the two products?

KCZ

First Name
KCZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Evora, Boxster, Jeep, Xterra.
I have PPF on the front and Opti-coat everywhere else. It looks amazing and is much easier to wash.

BusyBee

First Name
Spring
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z and Mazda CX-5
They’re must haves for me since my Z is black and I have OCD. I only wash my car once every month or so. In between I use a detail spray from the shop that applied my ceramic coat.

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
Occupation
GMSV Sales Manager
Must haves for me as well.

The Supra is PPF'd and ceramic coated.

I get my Z back today from PPF and it gets coated on Saturday.

My shitty daily (Cannon Ute) is ceramic coated... wouldn't pay for PPF on that...

PPF (in Aussie anyway), is more expensive than respraying your car. So for me, paying for PPF is a love factor. How much do I love my car?

You can always opt for a front end only of PPF. It covers, usually, front bumper, bonnet, fenders, pillars and it's half the price of a full wrap.

OP
OP
RickydeeZ23

RickydeeZ23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
RET
Thanks guys. I don't drive this car as much as I should. PPF do have to be redone in five to ten years I was told, which means to me if not done it will leave a yellow film on your car. I do have it ceramic coated though. I love this car and looking forward to adding a spoiler and five spoke 20" black rims concave , w/Continentals DSW Extremes, also getting the seats leathered in a low tone red and calipers to match. It's basic but should look pretty good in the end.

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
I had PPF on my 2014 Z34. It did a great job in protecting from rock chips and bug staining,, but it had been 10 years and was showing age. No yellowing, but some road staining that wouldn't buff out. I recently traded the car for a 2024 RZ34. Local Ford dealer has all the big printers and vinyl cutters, and does PPF as well as custom wraps. He downloaded the pattern for the Z, cut the clear PPF vinyl, and installed it yesterday. Really beautiful job.

goeagles11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z
I had PPF on my white 370z. The dirt around the edges started to become visible and a couple of edges were semi peeling off. Supposedly the shop told me they no longer use that template film and now the wrap goes under the bumpers so the edges won't be visible. (probably isn't an issue with a car that isn't white). In the end I ripped off the film and the car looked brand new.

So yes it definitely does a good job protecting the paint, you just need a quality install so the actual clear film doesn't end up looking bad.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
I have had my Proto Z, C8 Corvette Ceramic Coated and the New Nismo Z will get Ceramic Tomorrow. I am a Fan of System X products. It's amazing how easy it is to clean and how much less dust etc sticks to the car with Ceramic. It also dramatically enhances the color of the paint. I would also recommend Ceramic for Windows and Rims. For the Money it's a must with non-daily use cars for me.

OP
OP
RickydeeZ23

RickydeeZ23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
RET
Thanks for the responses. I will keep them in mind to make my decision.

Joel Campbell

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance (awaiting delivery)
Occupation
Finance Executive
I had PPF installed on the front bumper/side panels, lights, and partial hood to protect from bugs, rocks, etc., window tinting to KS legal limit, and then ceramic coated with Adams Polishes Advanced Ceramic with Graphene. Car looks amazing, sheds water with ease, and is protected for a long time.

If you decide on PPF, do your research and find a reputable dealer/installer as not all PPF’s are created equal. And if you are in or near Kansas City, Jon Prue and the team at Cornerstone Tint love cars, have integrity/character,, and a tremendous reputation locally.

IMG_2356.jpeg

IMG_2354.jpeg

iztrumental

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Nismo
Dropped mine off today to get the track package ppf done which will cover hood, front fenders, bumper, headlights, mirrors, side skirts and the front part portion of the roof. $2995 for this service at Ceramic Coating Plus in Woodbridge, VA. They have an IG if anyone wants to see their work.

Edited to add more pics.

https://www.instagram.com/ceramiccoatingplus/

image000000.jpeg

image000000.jpeg

image000000.jpeg

image000000.jpeg

image000000.jpeg

image000001.jpeg

image000000.jpeg

Last edited:

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
Dropped mine off today to get the track package ppf done which will cover hood, front fenders, bumper, headlights, mirrors, side skirts and the front part portion of the roof. $2995 for this service at Ceramic Coating Plus in Woodbridge, VA. They have an IG if anyone wants to see their work.

https://www.instagram.com/ceramiccoatingplus/

image000000.jpeg
I love how it looks in those lights.

How long do you have to leave it with them?

iztrumental

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Nismo
I love how it looks in those lights.

How long do you have to leave it with them?
Only for a day! I told the guy working there they are free to feature my car in their IG if they want. Would be cool to see it there.