Company that has precut PPF films for exterior parts on the Z

Darkhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Suktek ppf has nissan Z cutouts / design available. It's got a seam across the boot lid below the glass where theres a bodyline. Thankfully my detailer thought that was stupid and covered my boot with no visible joins between PPF sheets!

Dale Kerr

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance Z
Occupation
Real Estate
I purchased the Lamin x kit for my z Last week and had it installed by a local professional.

IT does not fit very well. The installer had to cut it to make it kind of work. I contacted the manufacturer and got a real quick response.
They said to stretch it to fit, this would have taken stretching it about 4 inches on the front to make it half ass work. They called me to come look before cutting it.
My installer along with two helpers could not stretch it enough and even if they could it would not cover every where it needed to!
I sent Lamin-x pictures and they said they would contact me today. Haven’t heard a word Yet!

IMG_4106.jpeg

IMG_4103.jpeg

IMG_4108.jpeg

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
I purchased the Lamin x kit for my z Last week and had it installed by a local professional.

IT does not fit very well. The installer had to cut it to make it kind of work. I contacted the manufacturer and got a real quick response.
They said to stretch it to fit, this would have taken stretching it about 4 inches on the front to make it half ass work. They called me to come look before cutting it.
My installer along with two helpers could not stretch it enough and even if they could it would not cover every where it needed to!
I sent Lamin-x pictures and they said they would contact me today. Haven’t heard a word Yet!

IMG_4106.jpeg

IMG_4103.jpeg

IMG_4108.jpeg
Oof yeah thats unfortunate. Id love to hear the response from lamin-x

jayhawk70

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1973 Datsun 240Z, 1993 Nissan 300ZX
Occupation
gainfully unemployed.
XPEL has a pre-cut kit for the new Z that I was impressed with. (although I have no experience with ppf installations. This is my first.) I had the "full front" kit installed on my Z by an XPEL dealer in Overland Park, Kansas for my cross country trip on US Highway 50 from KC to California.

It was an outstanding installation. No seams, no bubbles, no exposed edges at all. The only way to tell the ppf was installed was by tapping on the covered sections and then tapping on the uncovered panels. the PPF covered sections has a slightly muted click vs a sharper click. .

Photo of the XPEL covered front bumper and hood after a wash to remove the bugs and dirt from the 2,070 mile trip. Came through beautifully despite dirt road construction sections, gravel streets (in Ouray, Colorado), and "Mormon Cricket" swarms on the Loneliest Road in America - US 50 in Nevada
PXL_20230701_010228873.jpg

IMG_7545.JPG

Last edited: