OP
takemorepills

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Bummed about Nissan. Some more.

Is it true that possibly less than 1,000 Z's have made it to the USA so far? If true, that's ridiculous. It'll be very difficult for long term owners to keep this generation Z long term. They're not making enough for the junkyards, they're not making enough for parts suppliers to bother.
I already run into parts issues on my Q60. And it's way more common than a Z.

Today I ordered OEM valve covers and gaskets for my Titan. The valve covers on the VK56 are the same on Titan, Armada, QX and the vans. So, there's plenty of vehicles on the road that need this common part (spark tube gaskets are built into the cover, covers are replaced for oil leak).

No freaking inventory of the cover. Nissan USA is not sure when they'll be back in stock.

What a mess.

But, hey, I keep seeing Ariya commercials.....but I gotta believe that's as rare as a Z?

Nissan should just give up. After they make my valve covers, of course....

Last edited:

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
I hate to feed this rant, but yeah.

Is this a Nissan-only problem, or are car manufacturers in general trending towards the smartphone model? Buy a new one every two years.

I know folks who've purchased a Tesla and paid extra for some self-driving hardware that's not activated yet (because the software [it's always the software, isn't it?] Isn't ready yet). Then before the software is ready, the hardware is moved to "legacy status" and will never be supported. If you want self driving, you have to buy a newer model.

Why make parts for something you have no intention of supporting? You're customers can just buy a new car. You save $$$ and make more $$$.

Last edited:
OP
OP
takemorepills

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I know they exist because I've seen exactly one of each in person.
Well, I've seen (1) Ariya IRL and (0) New Z.
I almost think there's more Ariyas at this point....but probably still such a low number as to think the commercials Nissan has are a total waste of money.

OP
OP
takemorepills

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Also wanted to add, parts from Nissan have generally increased in price by 50% since 2019.

I was looking at the parts I bought from Nissan in 2019, and comparing to the same website today, prices are up 50%. Just since 2019!