First Name
Ogan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 mazda rx7, 2005 subaru legacy gt
Occupation
Nissan machinist
i second the motion on waiting a bit. these guys helped talk me down too. the new z will be marked up way higher than its worth. either one would be a huge jump in power for you but in if you plan on really pushing the car, the infiniti is gonna feel heavy as heck. i had a g37s and it sounded nice and all that but lord it was a piglet. i think the q60 is pretty heavy too. like me, go Z but go Z later when the prices drop some. since you sold your other car, maybe just buy a beater til then.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I'd wait for the Z. Just go on another 6 month cruise when you get back, and maybe this ADM madness will have died down a bit by then.

Brickyard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 QX50 '13 Escalade Platinum '03 350 Z Touring
Patience, hold out for the Z.

Y'all can go the INFINTI Q60 route later in life when you may need that unless thing they call a backseat

Until then ~ Stick with the 2 Seater in the NEW Z

Queue the Love Boat Theme . . .
? Love, exiting and new
Come aboard, we're expecting you
A New Z, life's sweetest reward,
Let it flow, it flows back to you
. . .

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'19 Civic Type-R
I guess it really comes down to what you want/need. Do you want a 2 seat sportscar or a 2+2 coupe? Would you rather have more performance or more amenities? Coming from the BRZ I'm guessing you'd be better off with the Z, unless you wanna switch things up and go a little more upmarket. Keep in mind that unless that 15k adm you're anticipating is across the board nationwide, there's still the option to buy out of state and ship it back, or fly out and drive back for less than that.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
I guess it really comes down to what you want/need. Do you want a 2 seat sportscar or a 2+2 coupe? Would you rather have more performance or more amenities? Coming from the BRZ I'm guessing you'd be better off with the Z, unless you wanna switch things up and go a little more upmarket. Keep in mind that unless that 15k adm you're anticipating is across the board nationwide, there's still the option to buy out of state and ship it back, or fly out and drive back for less than that.
I agree with this. If you need the little bit of extra space go with the Infiniti. Also if you’re diehard manual then the Z is the only option.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
You can find a used red sport with lower mileage for about 40k. Lesser trims for 30k.
40K?....your almost there...id def wait.
or if you can find a dealer near you charging 5k over (some mention one in another thread) go that route...

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I've owned a 370Z and I have lots of seat time with Q60 RedSports.

370Z outhandles it, now it'll have the power to go with it. Q60 is srsly just a Q50 with the back doors welded shut and it gained a fair bit of weight somehow. The Q50 actually feels better to drive.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I thought the Z was going to be faster haha.

It is faster.

Q60 has all the bolt ons.

z is stock with crappy tires.

on a roll Z wins by a good amount. If it has the same bolt ons, I’m sure it would really destroy the Q

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
AWD Q60 will ALWAYS destroy a Z where it counts.... going 0-speed limit.

My only reservation about ANY RWD car like the Supra, Mustang, or Z is that they need to stretch their legs at above-legal speeds. Where I live the roads are usually wet and cold, my AWD Q60 usually gets the job done 0-speed limit far better than any 2WD car in these conditions. yes, above the speed limit other cars are faster...... This consideration usually tempers my enthusiasm for the new Z, watching it struggle for traction even on a good day.....

Oh, BTW, that Q wasn;t really "modified". Air intakes and cat-back do very little to modern turbo cars. Downpipes and tunes are far more important.