Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
AMS performance and Infiniti to make factory Alpha Q50/Q60

https://www.amsperformance.com/infiniti-q60-red-alpha

Saw this little piece of news today. Ams and inifinti are partnering up to make alpha Q cars from factory. This is huge. Just imagine their experience making some of the most powerful VR38 engines filtering down to the similar VR30 engine. The possibilities are very exciting. Can't wait to see what happens and what aftermarket monster hp parts come out of this deal as well.

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
I love this motor. I like where it's going. But the car itself is just not what I'm looking for.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
I love this motor. I like where it's going. But the car itself is just not what I'm looking for.
Yes but look at it this way it's most likely the same engine going in the new Z right. Then all these fun performance parts will be ready to go and tested when the Z arrives. It's a win win lol

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
Yes but look at it this way it's most likely the same engine going in the new Z right. Then all these fun performance parts will be ready to go and tested when the Z arrives. It's a win win lol
I agree. IF there's going to be a Z now. I know what they said maybe it's not a priority but maybe it will still happen.

Robert

Nissan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Nissan 370Z, 2011 Nissan Sentra S
I agree. IF there's going to be a Z now. I know what they said maybe it's not a priority but maybe it will still happen.
I'd take what the head of sales in the US said with a grain of salt. I still anticipate a reveal in the fall.

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
I want my next Z built around GREAT suspension parts. Good true type covers, SPL parts, and so on. I will be doing many HPDE events. So a good LSD is a must. Hoping it comes with a good one from factory. Doubt it. Along with better brakes than the akebonos. They are good but could be better along with the ABS system that seem to have issues with brakes bias or ice mode on the 370. More of a track issue. I didn’t seem to have that problem on my 370 with Akebonos and AP setup running carbotech pads XP10 front and XP8 rear. But there was a lot who did based on the forums. I just don’t want to spend 5-7K on a BBK this time around.

For power full down pipes, exhaust, and good tune is really all I need. Probably intakes for some performance and aesthetic’s of the engine bay. These cars make great power already and no reason to go all in. Even though these upgrades seem to pretty much max out next to going up to a flex fuel system.

After that just addressing all cooling issues and maintenance issues. Heat exchanger, oil cooler, and catch can. Still a good build overall. But this is my goal in a nutshell. Lol. Sadly this will be big scale down from my past cars. So much wasted money over the years on nonsense.

Also I’d like to see a upgraded intercooler air to air to do away with the coolant type one they have now. Leaving the intercoolers in the same spot but using obviously better material for cooling properties and deleting those coolant lines. But it’s obvious we would need a some form of functional hood/ hood scoop to make it work. But IMO I think this would be awesome. Look at me. Sound like a 13 year old and I’m 41. I just love these cars. Ok I’ll stop. Went off on a rant. So much to look forward to.