Anyone seen these hood risers & know how to get them down. Spun the Z on wet roads and caught back wheel on curb. These popped the hood open - can’t open or close hood

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
@Marshall58of240 hate to see this happened to you. are you running the factory tires? those seem to spin out on dry roads, probably worse in wet conditions.

meantion to the dealer that nearly every review on the Z the tires said be an issue. maybe the dealership can help you out.

V35

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G35
I have no idea but maybe the dealer would know?

OP
OP
Marshall58of240

Marshall58of240

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Proto Spec A/T
Occupation
Business Owner
No collision- no body damage at all - spun it - went back wards into grass - might have popped edge of curb - car seems to drive fine but with hood popped i obviously can’t get up to any speed - it’s going to Nissan tomorrow

OP
OP
Marshall58of240

Marshall58of240

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Proto Spec A/T
Occupation
Business Owner
Maybe this video from Malaysia would help. Poor resolution.
Nissan SKYLINE GTR35 Engine Hood Pop Up Troubleshoot When a pedestrian collision is detected by the car, the engine hood will instantly pop up... | By ECU Repair Malaysia EcuTech | Facebook

In short, you can remove them to close the hood as a temp fix.
To fix, maybe a dealer visit and/or insurance claim if applicable.
Yep that’s it - and it looks like they must be replaced not reset - I’ll take this info to dealer - chances are no parts availability - could be months to get them in.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
To OP, if the front end was not hit, then, it could be a warranty repair.... you can argue that.
That's Donalex's point, I believe.

The video said, it was "rebuilt"... the parts they used.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Did any of the prior Zs - Z34, Z33... - have these? I doubt it. Any other current Nissan/Infiniti? This is not good for any intending to be tracked. Sometimes things happen, like spins onto dirt, hitting curbing, even bumping others unintentionally of course, what about towing situations? I wonder if they can be removed without any SES lighting up? That I'd prefer to do, disable it completely. Then not sure about any warranty issues. Dumb safety feature.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
No collision- no body damage at all - spun it - went back wards into grass - might have popped edge of curb - car seems to drive fine but with hood popped i obviously can’t get up to any speed - it’s going to Nissan tomorrow

Your wallet is going to hurt.
Looks like the actuators are $1204.78 each.
Hopefully that's all it is. Only thing that's concerning are the yellow cables. Yellow is part of the restraint system. A lot of times, if an airbag blows, other parts need to be changed.

I would not be surprised if the book says hood, hinges and/or diagnostic unit has to be changed.

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
Insurance might cover this.

Some older GM cars use to blow airbags when coming out of driveways/parking lots and bottoming out on the street. I've seen insurance cover it.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Insurance might cover this.

Some older GM cars use to blow airbags when coming out of driveways/parking lots and bottoming out on the street. I've seen insurance cover it.
Now you mention this….it makes me a little concerned that just a bump could do this.
We have massive speed bumps all over the place. If a bump is all it takes it’s a worry. If more than a bump is necessary then Nissan should pay