Any planned mods for your Z?

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
After spending some time lurking on the Q50/Q60 forums, it looks like an upgraded heat exchanger for the inter-coolers should be the number one upgrade on anyone's list. This is especially true if you live in a warmer climate. Heat soak is a big issue with this engine.

On the bright side, AMS makes an Infinity branded heat exchanger available through Infinity dealers. It shouldn't be very long before we can buy one for the Z35 we can purchase and have installed by Nissan dealers which won't void the warranty.
(curses, shakes head)

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Nursing Home Administrator
Would like to put watanabe wheels on, but not sure if they’ll make the wheels big enough. Exhaust is a must, hoping for a single exit eventually. Fairlady Z badging will probably happen. Aside from that I’ll have to see how the car drives to begin with before deciding on mods.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Side marker deletes (needs those bad), shifter, wheels and tires, intakes, BOVs, and a larger intercooler. We'll take it from there. Suspension mods, half cage, and Pure turbos will likely follow.

Edit: And downpipes with GT Haus exhaust. The Musa is the best I've heard for the Q50/60.

MARLEY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
Occupation
US Coast Guard
Immediate mods:
Window tint
EcuTek tune
Turboback exhaust
Intake
Heat exchanger
HKS BOV

Sooner or later:
Coilovers
Wheels

Potential mods:
Rear window louvers (for an even more retro vibe)
Bigger turbos

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I would leave it stock for baseline stuff at the track, maybe 3-6 mos, then really want first thing is a better sounding exhaust. That one video by Raiti's really shows the weak sound.

What has worked best on the 370Z for catback or turboback as far as sound and weight, durability? Ark, Powerhouse, ???

cantzme

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Q50 RS, 16 Altima, 05 350Z, 04 Titan
Occupation
IT Fool
Hoping to be able to use some Q50/60 and 370 parts straight away. SSQVs, 1.5way, full downpipes, intakes, etc. Also want to tune on e85 as soon as its possible. On day one I'll probably make my own exhaust modifications to the stock catback and get wheels/tires, eventually some suspension down the road. Then prepare for that closed deck 3.2L and big turbos?

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I was planning on doing the same thing. I'm hoping the JDM Z doesn't have them so all I would have to do is order a rear bumper from oversea.
or smoke them out at the very least...

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300