First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
Around 2006 I bought a pristine condition '02 Type S for $11k. Seems like such a steal to me now 😭
Same here. Back in 06 I got a mint 01 S2K for 13K. Car would be worth over 20k today with a ton more miles on it.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Fucking $51k for an overpowered FWD car. This "economy" or whatever this is, it's getting out of hand.

On top of that, Acura is intentionally limiting production on these, which is sure to drive ADM and mark-ups.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Fucking $51k for an overpowered FWD car. This "economy" or whatever this is, it's getting out of hand.

On top of that, Acura is intentionally limiting production on these, which is sure to drive ADM and mark-ups.
It really is a tough sell. It's hard for me to wrap my head around $51k for this as a prior owner of an Integra and a RSX-S. I think you just really have to love the brand/model to buy in. Of course not everyone is cool with only 2 doors/2 seats or AT only, but when comparing MSRP's here's what came to mind for similar $:

$42,900 - GR Corolla CE - 300 hp, MT only
$43,795 - Civic Type R - 315 hp, MT only
$48,900 - M240i RWD - 382 hp, AT only
$50,800 - Integra Type S - 320 hp, MT only
$50,900 - M240i AWD - 382 hp, AT only
$50,990 - Z Performance - 400 hp, MT or AT
$53,600 - Supra 3.0 - 382 hp, MT or AT
$56,400 - M340i RWD - 382 hp, AT only

The ITS slots into a weird spot for performance/$.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
It's based off of a Civic. It should reflect a lower price from the economies of scale.

Even the previous Integras enjoyed different body styles, completely different sheet metal, and unique engines only available in the Integra.

This new one shares the exact same body shell and engine. Only the front, rear clips and interior are unique. Heck, I kinda like the Civic interior better.

It is an amazing FWD car, but I think it's only a low-$40's car.

A base Z Sport is significantly cheaper.

Connelly

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Slowbaru
I think the pricing is less about performance per dollar and more about extracting everything they can from a niche. The caveat to all of this is ADMs and supply restrictions. This is absolutely crazy town if you're paying an ADM pushing this to $60k+.

If you want a 4-door car with some performance and a manual transmission while looking like something an actual adult would drive, what are your options? To me, that combination of factors eliminates every other car on Haste's list. Most things cheaper than it are not something I would ever pull the trigger on based on looks alone. On the other hand, if you can deal with giving up 4 doors or the manual, this doesn't make sense at $50k.

The next more powerful option with the factors from above is the CT4-V Blackwing, and then you have the M3. The goal with the ITS pricing to is push it as high as possible without pushing too many buyers to those. Again, this all depends on ADMs and availability. But a low-$50k's ITS might be preferable for some compared to a CT4 at $70k or an M3 at whatever you have to pay for those with a manual these days. And the ITS still might have advantages in reliability and running costs. But if you're paying $60k for this while a $65k CT4 is down the street . . . lol no.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
It's based off of a Civic. It should reflect a lower price from the economies of scale.

Even the previous Integras enjoyed different body styles, completely different sheet metal, and unique engines only available in the Integra.

This new one shares the exact same body shell and engine. Only the front, rear clips and interior are unique. Heck, I kinda like the Civic interior better.

It is an amazing FWD car, but I think it's only a low-$40's car.

A base Z Sport is significantly cheaper.
Price in Canada is 55,600 so represents better value than in the states,still might be a little over priced but this car kills the Z in all round performance ,better steering,better brakes,better tires,far better sound system,0-60 4.7 sec slighty more than Z,mt way better than Z,it sounds better than Z, has a better warranty.It is faster than the type R in straight line and around the track and way more comfortable.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I test drove a demo ITS recently in CLT. and initial impressions, the car is impressive. Low, Mean and Wide. 100% agree that it does look like the "adult" version of the CTR.

53001235794_b727139a8e_h.jpg

53001235924_b4432ae204_h.jpg

After 2 20+ min test drives on the car and same for the Z, I can say with confidence that the ITS has its pros for being s similarly priced vehicle.

ITs feels more AWD, as there is little to no body roll and the lack of turbo lag means the car is nice and torquey and picks up speed quickly. There is minor wheel hop/slip in 1>2, but that also occurs in the Z during similar 70-100% throttle input in those gears. The interior is very Honda, but the seats are really good and supportive (plus the backseats).

I thought the I4 would be a letdown in terms of sound, but Acura tuned/modified it nicely and in Sport+ you can hear pops and bangs (not as obnoxious as BMWs') but not too subdued either (like the Z 6mt Stock exhaust). The chassis is TIGHT. The lack of body roll coupled with the MPs4s had the car glued to the road even in a couple quick twisties I took the car through. The Z rolled side to side extensively which was a disappointment.

Both cars have similar downsides..for $50-$55k interior shouldve been amped up respectively. For the Z, better seats and larger infotainment, and for ITs, larger infotainment and more luxurious/Acura level interior vs just doing a seat upgrade from the CTR.

In a perfect world, I would have both the Z and ITS. ITs would be a great daily driver due to the additional backseat space and great fuel economy and plenty of lowdown power for ringing the car out.

If I can grab one for MSRP I might be tempted to get one.

jayhawk70

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1973 Datsun 240Z, 1993 Nissan 300ZX
Occupation
gainfully unemployed.
I think the new Integra missed out on the retro styling trend!

Pictured is the 1986 (first year of Acura sales in the US) Integra that we bought used (in 1995ish) for our high school daughter.

Isn't it sleek and sexy!

P8230109.JPG

But it was cheap and I did get to teach our daughter how to drive a manual shift in this, so everyone was happy!