First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
The 2024 Z NISMO GT4 was doing some testing at Fuji speedway this week
1f440.png
the unpainted lip and wing you are looking at is the use of plant based fibers as opposed to carbon or kevlar. This is something we also saw on last years GT4 Z. The biggest visual changes is the aero now mirrors the NISMO road car for that race on Sunday sell on Monday synergy and the hood has changed from the 2023 spec GT4 Z. the 2024 GT4 Z still uses the single exit exhaust with A2A front mounted cooling with a stock(ish) intake system. the wheels are still look to be 18X10.5 and 18X11 Volk NE24.

GGxxAMeawAEc481.jpg

GGxxAMlaYAATNrA.jpg

GGxxAMiawAApzU0.jpg

GG3SaSvaMAARQsM.jpg

GGxxAMgagAAWckO.jpg

Last edited:

socalAG2

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance
super dope, what motor are they running in these?

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
super dope, what motor are they running in these?

the stock VR30 just with Air to Air front mounted cooling. the engine makes about 450hp

these GT4 cars are pulled right off the factory line. no widebody or anything. they do use a sequential transmission though

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
the stock VR30 just with Air to Air front mounted cooling. the engine makes about 450hp

these GT4 cars are pulled right off the factory line. no widebody or anything. they do use a sequential transmission though
Is the 9AT basically sequential in manual mode?

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Someone says yes, someone says no, anyone got a source? Lol

Basic sports car knowledge?

sequential are race derived. cannot be put into an automatic mode. sequential have diff cut gears and can NOT be skipped over like an auto that can shift from 3 to 6th for example.

you would NOT want a sequential for a daily.

Sequential have NO torque converter. Do I need to keep going? ;)

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
I was asking more from a behavior perspective. When you're using the paddle shifters, is there a way to skip gears? I don't have the 9AT, so I haven't bothered to learn much about it. I'd guess that in some "manual" modes the 9AT will basically shift for you if you stop paying attention to the paddles (for example if you come to a stop without down shifting), but is there a mode where it won't, and in that mode can you skip gears?

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)

sequential are race derived. cannot be put into an automatic mode. sequential have diff cut gears and can NOT be skipped over like an auto that can shift from 3 to 6th for example.

Ive only ever owned manual cars so i admit i know very little about automatics, sequentials, all that. Thanks for the insight. I just laughed because the guy right above you sounded confident lol.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
yes these GT4 Z use a dedicated racing sequential transmission. no real resemblance at all to what is in the automatic Zs. both use paddle shifters so yes if you are using your auto Z in manual mode you are sequentially going through gears yes.... its just whats going on mechanically isnt the same. that might be where the original question on this started. the actual gearbox is very different. hope that makes sense.

Fairlady_464r

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37X

To clarify I was was talking about how if you put the 9AT in manual mode, the “shifting” is basically like a sequential. You can’t skip gears similar to a sequential and you can use paddles to control shifting. In that sense, they’re pretty much the same thing. Internally one’s a planetary box and the other is a true sequential race box so they’re incomparable. I thought the other poster was talking about the actual shifting action instead of what the thing is mechanically.