MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
imo nismo only comes in Auto as the advertised numbers for a manual would be laughable. i think the manual is currently at 4.5 and auto at 4.3 0-60.... making a nismo in manual would probably drop the manual time to 4.3 and only match a stock auto... hard to justify the 10k price increase on that but thats just my opinion... plus like the 370z the manual guys will just buy the body kit and call it a day

I think just from a marketing point of view if they could get 3.9 out of the Auto NISMO that would be a win.

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
I think just from a marketing point of view if they could get 3.9 out of the Auto NISMO that would be a win.
i honestly believe thats the magic number they are shooting for to get the buzz needed and the manual just wouldnt of done it. not saying they wont drop the auto first to get the numbers and then come out with the manual after like the supra

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
They weirdly didn't stick with Z tradition with cycling paint codes. Typically they add a color and remove a color.
With how few Z's they produced so far, I bet they have have way too much paint left over (or a contract to buy certain colors x amount) and can't justify the cost to change colors yet....

rvlbrs

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
2023 Z 6MT, 2021 Supra 3.0 AT, 2014 Toyota 86 6MT
Occupation
Media Production
With how few Z's they produced so far, I bet they have have way too much paint left over (or a contract to buy certain colors x amount) and can't justify the cost to change colors yet....
That makes sense. I didn't think about that!

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
many of the Z colors are used on other models even on the same production line currently so I dont really think the paint usage is a consideration for changing them or not on a single model like the Z.

also im awaiting some confirmation about some specific 2024 color news . I dont like posting rumors or anything I dont know for a fact myself but Its just Ive heard from two reliable sources that there is a new color even though its not on the order guide . that part puzzles me a bit because allocations are already out and dealers can order a 2024 and its not on any of the ordering materials that have been shared with me but it is referenced if you search for 2024 parts

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
I'd imagine they would work to get their paint department stable and reliable before they do a short production run on a limited color.

Maybe, hopefully, makes sense to me... whatever.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
many of the Z colors are used on other models even on the same production line currently so I dont really think the paint usage is a consideration for changing them or not on a single model like the Z.
Aren't most Nissans USA made?

And, aren't most Japanese made Nissans experiencing paint-related production delays?

I still think Nissan has too much unused paint in their Japan factory, I bet everything's a huge mess behind the scenes....

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Aren't most Nissans USA made?

And, aren't most Japanese made Nissans experiencing paint-related production delays?

I still think Nissan has too much unused paint in their Japan factory, I bet everything's a huge mess behind the scenes....

Ariya shares most of the nuetral colors with the Z. everest white diamond black boulder gray and gun metallic GTR and and Z share gun metallic and I think also some infinitis share with the Z all built on the same line. and yup paint issues it seems on Z and Ariya in particular per reports

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
They either have a lot of Passion Red setting around they have yet to use or they seem to have lost it somewhere. ;)

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a few bits of news for the JDM 2024 Z.

new navigation unit that supports wireless charging
revised shape of the Key Fob ( no longer an oval)
NISMO limited to 1K units for JDM

price increase for standard model

Last edited:

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
a few bits of news for the JDM 2024 Z.

new navigation unit that supports wireless charging
revised shape of the Key Fob ( no longer an oval)
NISMO limited to 1K units for JDM

price increase for standard model
Any photos of the key fob? I was a bit disappointed that the 2023 has only three buttons. I'd love to see a hatch release on the fob.