Rocraydor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Altima SR, 370z, Patriot
⬆ These are the Canadian specifications - dealers have been told official pricing in early March.

Sport MT = 1581kg
Sport AT = 1610kg
Performance MT = 1604kg
Performance AT = 1634kg

8" touchscreen for all trims.

Brilliant Silver and Rosewood Metallic are absent.
I hope the U.S. is selling that Brilliant Silver...i love it with that black roof??

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I hope the U.S. is selling that Brilliant Silver...i love it with that black roof??
The Z really does pull silver off so well! It is listed as 1 of 6 two-tone options available on the US Press Kit under the At a Glance section and has been spotted driving around in the states. The same info can found at either link below from last Aug for US spec cars:

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...ial-release-specs-pics-videos-wallpapers.418/

https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/releases/2023-nissan-z-press-kit

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z on order
Occupation
Machinist
Because it was posted here that dealers were told they would be getting only one car and they could be getting anything, sport or performance, AT or MT. So if that is right (a big if) it seems that they'd get no say in what they recieve.
Right, but both me and others that have ordered were not told this.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Outback
Occupation
Medical
Well "an available 8 inch..." is usually marketing speak indicating that there will be more than one choice available. It's just possible that the 9 inch will be a factory installed optional accessory, possibly with nav.

Also, on the page you linked Nissan Canada has an image of the supposed 8" display showing an icon button for " map". Nothing's that clear atm.
Agreed?, nothing is official.

OP
OP
jezzza

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
At least it looks like there's still the better Bose speaker package available with the 8-inch screen, hopefully we'll get that in the Aussie model.
Yeah looks like it, from my understanding the "Active Noise Cancellation and Active Sound Enhancement" is a Bose thing.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
At least it looks like there's still the better Bose speaker package available with the 8-inch screen, hopefully we'll get that in the Aussie model.
I would hope so….if they cut much more than what the US are Getting for their performance model, I think people will reassess.
The Z may not be as expensive as a Supra , but it’s not cheap either

memelord

First Name
Toua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Occupation
Military
Lets take a close assessment of the Z’s price point of $40k-$45k and it’s demographics.

16-21 years are mostly in school with minimum way jobs. Here and there are some entrepreneurs and parents money who can afford a Z. We are not really going to account for those 1%. These people cannot afford a $45k car on minimum wage job, and $21 bucks at McDonalds not being full time, won’t cut it.

22-25 year olds are just starting their careers. This demographic of people usually buy vehicles around $20k-$30k. They have a few dollars to spend but have other obligations such as student loans, rent, utilities, and insurance is still kinda expensive.

26+ year are a little more into their career and have advance from taking out trash to sitting in an A/C office (this is analogy, please don’t get offended; ?. I’m a grease monkey myself, i work on helicopter turbine engines). This demographic can afford a $45k-$55k vehicle.

In 2009, when the Nismo came out, Nissan sold about 13,000 Zs. Nissan makes about 1000 nismo per year or less for the global market. Lets just say the U gets 500 units, on the average a Nismo goes for $45k. Nismo didn’t sell to well brand new because it was expensive.The Z, realistically starting price $43k-45k is out of reach for most people, not including mark up!

in 2020, 3% of the auto industry market was made up of sportscars. Now take 3% of the population that can afford a Z, will they even buy a Z?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Lets take a close assessment of the Z’s price point of $40k-$45k and it’s demographics.

16-21 years are mostly in school with minimum way jobs. Here and there are some entrepreneurs and parents money who can afford a Z. We are not really going to account for those 1%. These people cannot afford a $45k car on minimum wage job, and $21 bucks at McDonalds not being full time, won’t cut it.

22-25 year olds are just starting their careers. This demographic of people usually buy vehicles around $20k-$30k. They have a few dollars to spend but have other obligations such as student loans, rent, utilities, and insurance is still kinda expensive.

26+ year are a little more into their career and have advance from taking out trash to sitting in an A/C office (this is analogy, please don’t get offended; ?. I’m a grease monkey myself, i work on helicopter turbine engines). This demographic can afford a $45k-$55k vehicle.

In 2009, when the Nismo came out, Nissan sold about 13,000 Zs. Nissan makes about 1000 nismo per year or less for the global market. Lets just say the U gets 500 units, on the average a Nismo goes for $45k. Nismo didn’t sell to well brand new because it was expensive.The Z, realistically starting price $43k-45k is out of reach for most people, not including mark up!

in 2020, 3% of the auto industry market was made up of sportscars. Now take 3% of the population that can afford a Z, will they even buy a Z?
All I can tell you is in Australia they have already sold and allocated all their Proto allocations, and most dealers have contracts in the double digits for the regular version that we will get….take from that what you will…but I haven’t seen that many Supra on the road in this end of the world