supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
https://jalopnik.com/this-might-be-the-2023-nissan-zs-final-options-list-1848443167

Earlier this week, a Vehicle Price Ordering Guide for the new Z began appearing on the Nissan Z Club forums. The document, while unverified, is convincing — though a committed faker could probably make enough educated guesses to put a PDF like this together.

The document specifies the already-confirmed 400 hp, 350 lb-ft twin-turbo V6 engine, as well as three trim levels: Sport, Performance, and Proto Spec. Each is available in manual or automatic, and while pricing isn’t included in the document it seems Sport will be the cheapest while Proto Spec will be the top.

The curb weight on the base Sport is listed as 3,485 lbs, while the Performance and Proto Spec weights are censored under a box reading “TBD.” Wheels are listed as a square 18x9 inch setup for the Sport, and a barely-staggered 19x9.5 inches up front and 19x10 in the rear on the Performance and Proto Spec.

In terms of options, the base Sport apparently includes a stock engine block heater — but remember, Canadian winters are cold, so that may not remain standard on U.S.-delivered cars. Other options on the base trim include automated emergency braking, heated mirrors, two 12v power ports and two USB ports (one A, one C), and a preponderance of airbags.

Stepping up to the Performance gets buyers a Bose audio system, connected services in the infotainment, a mechanical LSD, the bigger wheels, front and rear spoilers, upgraded brakes, rev-matching, upgraded steering wheel and pedals, heated leather power seats, and “glove box dampening.” That last one alone is worth whatever price increase they throw at the Performance.

The Proto Spec, it seems, is an appearance package on top of the Performance. It adds the yellow paint of the Z Proto concept, as well as matching yellow interior trim and bronze wheels. All in all, the car seems to be an appealing package — as long as the price holds up.

Update Jan. 28, 2022 at 4:28 p.m. ET: A Nissan representative confirmed to me that the specs and info in the leaked brochure are accurate. It seems an engine block heater really is standard on Canadian-delivered Zs. What a world.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
"Update Jan. 28, 2022 at 4:28 p.m. ET: A Nissan representative confirmed to me that the specs and info in the leaked brochure are accurate. It seems an engine block heater really is standard on Canadian-delivered Zs. What a world."

Well that pretty well lays to rest the hope that the 8 inch display listed for the performance was a misstatement. I guess we Canadians trade the 9" display for the engine block heater! :rolleyes:

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
You think we can get the proto wheels as an option on the performance ?

If not, where can we get it?
I know quite a few of us have tossed around the idea of powder coating—they're the same wheels, just different color, so this should be pretty easily achieved for not a lot of money.

memelord

First Name
Toua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Occupation
Military
In terms of options, the base Sport apparently includes a stock engine block heater — but remember, Canadian winters are cold, so that may not remain standard on U.S.-delivered cars. Other options on the base trim include automated emergency braking, heated mirrors, two 12v power ports and two USB ports (one A, one C), and a preponderance of airbags.

- my god, for $40k this is bare bones.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Performance trim weights TBA but no doubt slightly heavier.
Loading the PDF into Adobe Acrobat or any PDF editor, you can edit it remove the "TBD" box* on page 5 to reveal these weights:

Base curb weight
- Performance (MT) / Proto Spec = 1604
- Performace (AT) / Proto Spec = 1634

Whether those are accurate or not though remains to be seen.

* It looks like that particular "TBD" box has been misplaced and should be covering the next three table rows, like is does for the "Sport" model on the PDF's previous page. Removing other similar "TBD" boxes doesn't reveal any other information - just blank spaces or "TBD" text underneath.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Loading the PDF into Adobe Acrobat or any PDF editor, you can edit it remove the "TBD" box* on page 5 to reveal these weights:

Base curb weight
- Performance (MT) / Proto Spec = 1604
- Performace (AT) / Proto Spec = 1634

Whether those are accurate or not though remains to be seen.

* It looks like that particular "TBD" box has been misplaced and should be covering the next three table rows, like is does for the "Sport" model on the PDF's previous page. Removing other similar "TBD" boxes doesn't reveal any other information - just blank spaces or "TBD" text underneath.
Thanks Denver! This was addressed on page 3 yesterday, just didn't find time to update the original post with new images. Will make that change shortly to reduce any confusion.

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...dering-guide-leaked-first-look.805/post-20154

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Bad news for we Canadians - a closer study of the buying guide reveals that not only do we not get the 9" screen on the performance, we won't be getting navigation either. ? ? ?

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
You think we can get the proto wheels as an option on the performance ?

If not, where can we get it?
Why the hell do people keep asking this damn question?

The bronze wheels will NEVER be an option as they will ONLY appear on the Proto Spec.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Bad news for we Canadians - a closer study of the buying guide reveals that not only do we not get the 9" screen on the performance, we won't be getting navigation either. ? ? ?
it has Nissan Connect services…I believe that includes navigation?

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
we won't be getting navigation either. ? ? ?
Shouldn't be the end of the world if it turns out it doesn't come with navigation as both versions should come with Carplay and Android Auto as standard.

OP
OP
jezzza

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
NissanConnect is just connectivity with a phone app, nothing very useful.

Looks like 8" version doesn't have built-in navigation, which to me is a bigger disappointment than screen size as it means no mapping and directions up on the digital dash.

new-qashqai-interior-6-3000x1250.jpg.ximg.l_12_m.smart.jpg

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
NissanConnect is just connectivity with a phone app, nothing very useful.

Looks like 8" version doesn't have built-in navigation, which to me is a bigger disappointment than screen size as it means no mapping and directions up on the digital dash.

new-qashqai-interior-6-3000x1250.jpg.ximg.l_12_m.smart.jpg
That's what Android Auto and Apple Car Play are for.