Orveezy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
My consensus after checking out these reviews is that the Z is just OK. It's great if its compared to the previous Z but its marginally better, and at times lacking, in terms of performance and value against its competitors. Specifically the Performance spec against new Supras, Mustangs and Camaros. At this point Iā€™d actually get a used M2.

DrivingEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Focus RS, S2000, Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Occupation
computer geek
There goes the morning, watching videos! Thanks admin for a single thread of them all!
Remember that these are press cars (and all that means), and that straight line is not all there is to performance, in fact not very much.
What's needed is a comparison road course test of production line built cars, such as Car and Driver's annual round-up. Then we will see track comparisons to get the rest of the "envelope".
Bad: weight. And then the baggage that Nissan always has to carry: having to have it's own manufacturing wing built a transmission for it (which is why we have been stuck with the extremeely out-dated 7-speed for so many years - when Nissan and Infiniti could have taken the same ZF 8-speed as BMW uses - and several other manufacturers - right off the shelf instead of sticking with partner Mercedes), the existing contract with Bridgestone which dictates the tire choices (again, an off-the-shelf Michelin would be a huge plus). And the idiocy of not making the LSD standard - the base car needs it badly, and it would eliminate 1 more part that Nissan now has to stock for years to come.
Nice: details that are surfacing: the improvement to the front upper control arms, the better LSD. The engine oil cooler. The transmission oil cooler (presumably the auto only). The electric power steering (eliminating the previous hydraulic steering which always overheats on the track in the Z/G). And thank god they didn't use the Q's lousy direct adaptive steering, which will *never* work at all for us.
Hopeful: NISMO aftermarket - soon. Nismo model - some early indications look promising. And hopefully that Infiniti updates it automatic soon in the Q50/60.

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
Don't think I've seen anyone else post this one up yet, so I figured I would:

I also like this guy's videos, as he does them entirely from a POV cam (similarly like one of the other previously posted reviews) :

Last edited:

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 R/T Challenger, Focus SE
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Why the heck did the hood look like it was shaking so damn much in the TST Road Test video? Doesn't look like that in any of the other drives with that POV. šŸ¤”

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
40k base 50k performance 53k Proto . šŸ˜¢

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Jalopnik's review, inputs from Tamura san, nice goals. The Z will be a great road car!

"I asked Tamura if he was concerned with lap times for the new Z. ā€œQuite frankly, sorry, no,ā€ he told me. ā€œItā€™s not such a big meaning for me [...] My understanding is, 90 percent of [sports car buyers] donā€™t decide on 0-60 or lap time. The highest priority was styling, design. People love to talk about time attack, track days. Thatā€™s the image. Are you going to do track days every weekend?ā€ For that rare buyer, Tamura says, the base-model Z is the best choice, since youā€™ll be swapping a bunch of parts anyway. ā€œMy philosophy for the street car is road comfort, nice limit handling,ā€ he says. ā€œAnd if you get on a canyon road, you should feel some nice driving pleasure.ā€

https://jalopnik.com/the-2023-nissan-z-is-more-fun-than-the-toyota-supra-at-1848929310

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
Were there any reviews of the sport model?

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
I also like this guy's videos, as he does them entirely from a POV cam (similarly like one of the other previously posted reviews) :
Thanks, that was a particularly good driving demonstration.

Last edited: