MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT

canadian reviewer
Beating a dead 🐴 about the tires at this point, but the roll race in manual shift mode was a really nice perspective; I don’t recall other reviewers running that scenario

I think a few have reported the stock shift logic in the ATs is subpar, but I didn't realize it leaves so much to be desired vs manual mode.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Beating a dead 🐴 about the tires at this point, but the roll race in manual shift mode was a really nice perspective; I don’t recall other reviewers running that scenario

I think a few have reported the stock shift logic in the ATs is subpar, but I didn't realize it leaves so much to be desired vs manual mode.
Seems to be every bit as crappy as the 7AT was. I have a 7AT car. It has delay big time, even in "sport" mode, the car is respectably quick once the engine and transmission synchs up, but damn it takes forever and usually goes too shallow in the downshifts.
Sounds like the 9AT is every bit as horrible.
That roll race in automatic shows how bad it is, you hear the plastic accelerator pedal thwap the floor, and the Supra puts cars onto the Z before the 9AT even downshifts. Hello, wake TF up.... Yup, definitely programmed by the same people that nerfed the 7AT.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
Seems to be every bit as crappy as the 7AT was. I have a 7AT car. It has delay big time, even in "sport" mode, the car is respectably quick once the engine and transmission synchs up, but damn it takes forever and usually goes too shallow in the downshifts.
Sounds like the 9AT is every bit as horrible.
That roll race in automatic shows how bad it is, you hear the plastic accelerator pedal thwap the floor, and the Supra puts cars onto the Z before the 9AT even downshifts. Hello, wake TF up.... Yup, definitely programmed by the same people that nerfed the 7AT.
I’ve experienced those same issues with 7AT in my G37 😓; Have had a few close calls highway driving trying to make a quick lane change where it takes over 2 freakin seconds at full throttle before the PCM will downshift n accelerate. I don't even bother with "Sport" mode anymore, if I need to get moving I just shift myself.

It is disappointing that the trans logic is still shitty, but good to see it's at least not some innate mechanical deficiency holding it back. Shift behavior can also likely be corrected with tuning.

And honestly if you're passing on the MT for the AT, you should use the paddles anyway when drag racing or spirited drives; engage yourself in the drive a little bit at least 😆

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport

so this was the one driving in my area. good set of journalists cars, ive seen them do reviews on cable tv also

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

Good example of the Z's traction issues.....at first looks like a race, then you realize it's spinning through 2 if not 3 gears, once it hooks up it takes off like a missile......

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management

Good example of the Z's traction issues.....at first looks like a race, then you realize it's spinning through 2 if not 3 gears, once it hooks up it takes off like a missile......
Goooood god, this thing has trouble putting power down!