Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Yes a friend told me that is a way to avoid the double tax hit but I very much doubt any dealer would be allowed to do this for a Z reserved through Nissan Canada. And I'd have to know I want to sell it before I had a chance to drive it.
Let's just hope that you love it and enjoy driving it for a long time :)

Personally if I had any doubts on the test drive then I would walk away and find something else. The deposit that you've paid is fully refundable, correct?

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Let's just hope that you love it and enjoy driving it for a long time :)

Personally if I had any doubts on the test drive then I would walk away and find something else. The deposit that you've paid is fully refundable, correct?
it is but they haven't specified when that deposit gets locked down. I suspect it will be before you ever get a chance to drive it. I'm hoping it's not before the first reviews come out.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
it is but they haven't specified when that deposit gets locked down. I suspect it will be before you ever get a chance to drive it. I'm hoping it's not before the first reviews come out.
I have a suspicion that NONE of us will be allowed to test drive the new Z before we ink the deal. It was exactly the same with the C8. You take it or not. The demand is too high. Nobody has to woo customers to buy this car as it is already over subscribed and over sold. In a US market where there is mercenary pricing holding customers hostage to the highest bidder, there will be more room to negotiate. Thankfully, Canada does not operate on those values but the draw back on sticking to MSRP is that the demand is overwhelming. If there was bidding I would happily overpay just to get this car. I just backed out of a Cayman S because the Z is such a value play, especially when pitted against the current spike in used car prices. Brand new cars in Canada are the best deal going. That's why dealers will not be suffering any fools gladly, even their customers. If you get one better ink the deal. I'll see you all out on the road.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I have a suspicion that NONE of us will be allowed to test drive the new Z before we ink the deal. It was exactly the same with the C8. You take it or not. The demand is too high. Nobody has to woo customers to buy this car as it is already over subscribed and over sold. In a US market where there is mercenary pricing holding customers hostage to the highest bidder, there will be more room to negotiate. Thankfully, Canada does not operate on those values but the draw back on sticking to MSRP is that the demand is overwhelming. If there was bidding I would happily overpay just to get this car. I just backed out of a Cayman S because the Z is such a value play, especially when pitted against the current spike in used car prices. Brand new cars in Canada are the best deal going. That's why dealers will not be suffering any fools gladly, even their customers. If you get one better ink the deal. I'll see you all out on the road.
The Toyota manager I dealt with yesterday when looking at the GR86 told me they'd never seen a market like this in his 20 years there, they sell everything they can get at MSRP. He said nearly everybody has to order a car and wait 4-6 months to get it, regardless of model. Six months for the GR86. And I'm sure the dealer owners are incredibly envious of their US counterparts' ability to get those fat ADMs.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
If that's the case why would Nissan let them all be preordered? Just seems strange, but who really knows how it will work.
Because only 2-3 per dealer for all of Canada. That’s a huge number.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Because only 2-3 per dealer for all of Canada. That’s a huge number.
It actually won't be 2-3 per dealer. Some dealerships have been earmarked as bespoke Zed dealerships and you have to know which ones those are. I always buy my Zed's from those dealers because they can get them (in times like this especially) but more importantly they have the parts and service managers who are Zed enthusiasts and can service them properly. Don't underestimate that. High performing "Zed" dealerships will be awarded more allocations. Hands down. That's how the corporate world works. It is naive to think that the total allocations for Canada will be evenly divided amongst the total number of dealerships.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
It actually won't be 2-3 per dealer. Some dealerships have been earmarked as bespoke Zed dealerships and you have to know which ones those are. I always buy my Zed's from those dealers because they can get them (in times like this especially) but more importantly they have the parts and service managers who are Zed enthusiasts and can service them properly. Don't underestimate that. High performing "Zed" dealerships will be awarded more allocations. Hands down. That's how the corporate world works. It is naive to think that the total allocations for Canada will be evenly divided amongst the total number of dealerships.
i have heard this as well. The Proto will be going to the Z locations with the best sales. I have no clue who those dealerships are.They all say they’re the best lol

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i have heard this as well. The Proto will be going to the Z locations with the best sales. I have no clue who those dealerships are.They all say they’re the best lol
It helps if you've actually owned a Zed before and ask around the dealerships. I got my order confirmation from networking with the dealership, and from previously getting my 370Z from another hallmark dealership. Keep in mind its dealers who support customer loyalty year over year. Not something loosely identified as Nissan Canada. And Nissan knows this. For at least now. Things I believe will undergo digital transformation and dealerships might become corporate locations to service units.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Agreed. Dont know where that information came from 1-2 units per dealership that makes absolutely no sense.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
You can probably do a search of stores who also sell the GT-R.

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
the canadian preorder was insane. i think they planned to run it for 1.5 months, but MT performance was sold out in 24h, then sport MT a day after, then performance AT a couple days after, and then finally sport AT.. felt like toilet paper during covid hype

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
the canadian preorder was insane. i think they planned to run it for 1.5 months, but MT performance was sold out in 24h, then sport MT a day after, then performance AT a couple days after, and then finally sport AT.. felt like toilet paper during covid hype
I doubt Nissan Canada was quite that naive, their market research would have given them a good idea of that demand. Good public relations though to make it look like demand is greatly exceeding expectations by setting unrealistically extended reservation timelines.

Reactions: MGD

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
Occupation
Owner of electrical contracting company
My dealership said the same. I couldn’t pre-order the proto through them, tried after I ordered the performance and my sales lady told me they weren’t a high volume z dealer so “NO PROTO FOR YOU!…or soup for that matter.”?. Oddly, i believe the sell more GTRs ?

on a side note I am officially the first person to get the Z in Sudbury though so that was kind of cool ? As soon as I got the email…I paused for a sec with a tear in my eye thinking about how I would most likely have to sell my Alfa Romeo to make room for the Z, and then promptly dropped the CC and said F-it I’ll figure it out later,