Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Nissan Canada has just confirmed that pre-orders for the 2023 Nissan Z have ended (sold out) in Canada.

"And just like that, at the speed of Z, our pre-order program for the all-new 2023 model has ended! If you were lucky enough to grab one, congratulations – edge-of-your-seat thrills are just around the bend."

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder how many ended up just buying the sport after the performance trim sold out, even though that wasn't their first choice.

XinaZ

First Name
Xzavier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Accord
Occupation
Detailer for Tesla
This car is literally going to FLY off the shelves. Great marketing very slow release of details and specs just built the suspense over time. One full week after opening pre-orders. Amazing.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Still curious how many were allotted for the preorder process, and within that if they limited specs/colors etc. so once, say, 1k Blue Performance were spoken for, they were gone. I know we have our tracker, but that's a microcosm of the bigger picture. Should be a really insightful set of metrics.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
It wouldn't surprise me if under 1000 total were available for reserve, how high could worldwide production be in the first 2-3 months? Canada will be maybe 5% of the world market.

Ness3000

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Wonder how many reservations will fall out if sold at a ridiculous markup. Unless CA doesn't allow markups which would be cool.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Wonder how many reservations will fall out if sold at a ridiculous markup. Unless CA doesn't allow markups which would be cool.
No Markups but wont go lower then MSRP

94boosted

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Camaro SS 1LE, BMW 340, Ford F150
Still curious how many were allotted for the preorder process, and within that if they limited specs/colors etc. so once, say, 1k Blue Performance were spoken for, they were gone. I know we have our tracker, but that's a microcosm of the bigger picture. Should be a really insightful set of metrics.
The GM at my dealer told me 140 coming to Canada in total for 2023 MY. However as there are ~200 Nissan dealerships in Canada that would imply less than 1 per dealer, I really hope he was confusing Proto vs. Sport/Performance.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
The GM at my dealer told me 140 coming to Canada in total for 2023 MY. However as there are ~200 Nissan dealerships in Canada that would imply less than 1 per dealer, I really hope he was confusing Proto vs. Sport/Performance.
That has to be proto surely, because if not damn. I hope that everyone here got their order in Canada... And that Nissan is holding the lion's share of inventory for the US.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
That has to be proto surely, because if not damn. I hope that everyone here got their order in Canada... And that Nissan is holding the lion's share of inventory for the US.
Yeah it doesn’t sound right.
Aus I’m guessing would be a smaller market to Canada …for sure they are getting more than 200…they sold out of the Proto allocation but nit the performance hybrid model

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
The way used car prices are going with Covid, at least here in Vancouver, and assuming the CND pricing is where I think it will be, the new Z will be very good value…

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
anyone know how many nissan dealerships are in canada? if you go by how many zupr4s came in at launch and estimate 1 to 3 units per dealer...

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
A buddy of mine at the local Ford dealership told me that they're having huge problems with selling their Bronco's less then $20k above MSRP. And they're not even having to push the sales, the owners just don't mind paying that much for it..he's estimating ~$50k markup on the Bronco Raptor when its released....def doesn't bode well for what Nissan dealers are going to do, especially seeing as how many of them have been struggling