therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
A buddy of mine at the local Ford dealership told me that they're having huge problems with selling their Bronco's less then $20k above MSRP. And they're not even having to push the sales, the owners just don't mind paying that much for it..he's estimating ~$50k markup on the Bronco Raptor when its released....def doesn't bode well for what Nissan dealers are going to do, especially seeing as how many of them have been struggling
wait until the boss gets wind of that - https://www.thedrive.com/news/44172/ford-boss-puts-the-kibosh-on-unreasonable-dealer-markups

Some may be fine with it, but the majority aren’t. Have said it before, too - bronco is a much bigger, and different, audience, and the Raptor will be a special edition etc etc

Last edited:

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Believe this, no store has been struggling...not in this market.

Maybe with inventory, but not profit.
You right you right;

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
anyone know how many nissan dealerships are in canada? if you go by how many zupr4s came in at launch and estimate 1 to 3 units per dealer...
Ya I dont think many units at each dealer either, supply initially anyway will be an issue…

MitchyB

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Ya I dont think many units at each dealer either, supply initially anyway will be an issue…
My dealer had at least 3 or 4 orders for it and there was another member on the other Z forum who was told 17 were ordered through that dealer. So just from that alone I'm guessing there will be substantially more then 150 cars delivered to Canada.

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
Last I checked, which was before reservations were cut off, my dealer was up to 28 but that doesnt mean they will get a huge supply like that in first supply late Spring/Summer

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
My dealer had at least 3 or 4 orders for it and there was another member on the other Z forum who was told 17 were ordered through that dealer. So just from that alone I'm guessing there will be substantially more then 150 cars delivered to Canada.
Ya, out 17 only 3 or 4 will get a car this year.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Well I guess if I don't like the car for some reason I'll be able to sell it at no loss by charging more than MSRP to recoup our ridiculous 13% sales tax.

Trouble is here the used car buyer will also have to pay that 13% to the taxholes so that will constrain the upper price limit on a used Z.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Well I guess if I don't like the car for some reason I'll be able to sell it at no loss by charging more than MSRP to recoup our ridiculous 13% sales tax.

Trouble is here the used car buyer will also have to pay that 13% to the taxholes so that will constrain the upper price limit on a used Z.
Put it up on BringaTrailer, you’ll get way more than MSRP for an early allocation low miles/km new Z. Such is today’s market.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Put it up on BringaTrailer, you’ll get way more than MSRP for an early allocation low miles/km new Z. Such is today’s market.
They may not operate in the Canadian market (?).

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Last edited:

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX

You can always "pre-sell" it acting as a broker to facilitate the sale from the dealer.

Say, for $1,000, you'll introduce your buyer to the dealer and let them complete the sale. You can coordinate with dealer beforehand.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
You can always "pre-sell" it acting as a broker to facilitate the sale from the dealer.

Say, for $1,000, you'll introduce your buyer to the dealer and let them complete the sale. You can coordinate with dealer beforehand.
But then you are never the official owner, Nissan Canada is not going to allow you to do this with your reservation, the dealer who tried this would be putting themself at high risk.

Last edited: