2023 Nissan Z MSRP and other details from reveal event

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Any inkling on a Nismo model? I think we all assume it's coming, but even just a "Yes, it's coming" from Nissan USA would be nice :D

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
Did he mention at all what the pricing gap between the packages would be?

OP
OP
Stevewithaz

Stevewithaz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
1990 Nissan 300zxTT, 2015 370Z Nismo
Occupation
Marketing Content Creator
Did he mention at all what the pricing gap between the packages would be?
No but I’m trying to arrange another interview to discuss more details. It was pretty hectic and with masks, you weren’t sure who was who.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Lol 40k start with no LSD.
And on a 400hp RWD sports car... :rolleyes:

They add all this safety tech and then do this, which will get more drivers inexperienced with RWD into trouble, Cars 'n Coffee here we come lol.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N

They add all this safety tech and then do this, which will get more drivers inexperienced with RWD into trouble, Cars 'n Coffee here we come lol.
Leave the nannies on and you'll be fine. I have more whp and way more torque than this with an open diff.

We have to be real in the sense that most people aren't really car enthusiasts nor will they ever drive their car to the limit even on a car like the Z. Many people wouldn't even notice the difference and when they hear LSD, the last thing they think of is anything to do with cars.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Leave the nannies on and you'll be fine. I have more whp and way more torque than this with an open diff.

We have to be real in the sense that most people aren't really car enthusiasts nor will they ever drive their car to the limit even on a car like the Z. Many people wouldn't even notice the difference and when they hear LSD, the last thing they think of is anything to do with cars.
Yep, true, most drivers out there won't even notice LSD engaging if at all, plus the nannies having almost full control at the limit is all that's needed.

On the other hand I sure hope Nissan soon makes it as an added option, it's one of the good features of the Performance to have on the Sport model, that and launch control along with it.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD

It's the first part of your response that worries me - "leave the nannies on". I'm certain a lot of these ignorant drivers will want prove their "he-man" status by turning these off to impress others (and themselves) with burnouts, screeching tires, etc. A non-defeatable LSD at least provides some basic protection.

GOTTHEFUZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Kia K5, 2021Kia forte GT, 2012 Mustang 5.0
Occupation
CNC machinist in the military Aerospace industry

Sorry if this comes off wrong but I don't care too much about people wreaking at cars and coffee, if people wreak their cars that's on them not me.

a car could have 260hp and get wild in the rear, hell look at Fox body mustangs. LSD has so little to do with cars and coffee crashes and more to do with people not knowing that lifting off the throttle is a thing.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Sorry if this comes off wrong but I don't care too much about people wreaking at cars and coffee, if people wreak their cars that's on them not me.

a car could have 260hp and get wild in the rear, hell look at Fox body mustangs. LSD has so little to do with cars and coffee crashes and more to do with people not knowing that lifting off the throttle is a thing.
The problem isn't so much people wrecking their cars, it's Mustangs wrecking into people.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The problem isn't so much people wrecking their cars, it's Mustangs wrecking into people.
Doesn’t matter how much safety you put on a car…there are always going to be idiots who push it beyond what the safety enhancements can stand up to.
Those that want to will, those who don’t won’t

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
So my initial thoughts were to purchase a base (sport) and swap performance parts as desired. How easy will it be to add the lsd after the fact? And can launch control be flashed into the ecu?

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
I want to know more about how the VR has been “optimized” for the Z.