jose3030

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 Acura Legend 6sp Coupe
BOOST. WEATHER. The man knows what's up.

Didn't know these things came with expiration dates. You buying milk or a car bruh?
Sorry man, I was just super excited for perhaps getting car in May/early June for fun throughout summer.
With our luck, they mean summer as September 18.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
So you're experienced with pain? Ever got that C8?
Nope, never did.... hoping the C8Z becomes obtainable after the C8 E-Ray and ZR1/Zora drops.

I'm basically holding on to the RZ34 until then.

The Nismo might be quite a jump up from the normal Z.....

golddog

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport
I decided to hold out on the Z and placed an order for a 2022 M240i. Ordered placed in February, MSRP, and has been delayed twice and now has been pushed back to a June production date. The main issue has been wiring harnesses that were sourced from the Ukraine.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
I am over it just ordered a C8 for MSRP. I can always sell it for more and buy the Z IF it is ever released.
What’s the delivery time and price on the C8? I don’t get how everyone thinks it’s a competitor to the Z. It’s twice the price. I tried to order one and it came to 109k and GM declined the order. That was last November. Then new “used” ones were popping up on autotrader for between 140k-155k.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
I decided to hold out on the Z and placed an order for a 2022 M240i. Ordered placed in February, MSRP, and has been delayed twice and now has been pushed back to a June production date. The main issue has been wiring harnesses that were sourced from the Ukraine.
Impressive cars. I think BMW did well with the new M240i.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
W/ the on-going war in Ukraine, do you trust the wiring harness--blood vessel to every car components-- from the war-torn communities?

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Just get on the list at MacMulkin Chevrolet. MSRP everyday, no games.
I don't wanna wait in line for 2-3 years and the whole out of state thing.

I just can't get down with the new BMW styling, the 8 series is the only car that didn't get ugged up out of the new class IMO

And that whole Auto (yes, the ZF8 is amazing) and AWD only (3,871 lbs dry?!) thing doesn't vibe with me - Thundernight Metallic is a wonderful color and name however!! (please tell me you got yours in this color)

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I've had mechanics tell me BMW uses the tiniest wires and they are very fragile.
A lot of manufacturers, including Toyota, have switched over to aluminum wiring. And that shit is janky AF. You can't splice or repair it in the usual ways.

Between cheap shit like that and software intensive infotainment systems, I don't think vehicle manufacturers really care if their product is long lasting anymore. They'd rather you buy a new vehicle more frequently. You know, to "be green" or some BS

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
I've had mechanics tell me BMW uses the tiniest wires and they are very fragile.
I was concerning about how manual labor intensive it is to put one harness together when the people that lives outside of Ukraine are in mental shock w/ the war.

As for the specs of the wiring harness, I'm not sure if he's qualified to make rational argument on electrical system. What's the problem though?