therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Local dealer said they had a manual Proto arrive yesterday morning, gonna go see it tomorrow. Will circle back w/ how much the inevitable markup is.
Car is already sold. Sticker shows no markup, however I asked/checked the site and it was marked up FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS. People have lost their minds.

donā€™t get me wrong - the car is drop dead gorgeous, and I canā€™t wait to own one one day - Iā€™m just not paying a dime over sticker.

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Car is already sold. Sticker shows no markup, however I asked/checked the site and it was marked up FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS. People have lost their minds.

donā€™t get me wrong - the car is drop dead gorgeous, and I canā€™t wait to own one one day - Iā€™m just not paying a dime over sticker.
240 total US units, of course, what do you expect?! Now, if Nissan produces 2400 Proto Specs, markup will only be $30K ;)

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Welp that does it the gr supra 2023 landed in my area as of yesterday at the dealership. Theres just nothing good to say about nissan and the team behind it just a huge flop of release and customer service. I hope these ppl in positions get changed honestly

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N

MZGA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Another Demo Z in Australia at MMG (Nissan Moorooka QLD).

_nc_ohc=LtOhCvYvMawAX8vHY0C&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N

Well well well -

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 1.17.26 PM.png

I am not a financing expert, so if someone is please do jump in, but I have to imagine the large down payment was to help reduce what would be needed to finance, since I would imagine lenders would be like, you want to pay HOW MUCH for a NISSAN?! and therefore wouldn't approve.

Have to imagine that, plus interest rates being bonked, led to the above result? Or perhaps the person just...couldn't secure financing? I'd think since you have a lot of money to throw down, it wouldn't be an issue, but again there are probably some variables I'm not thinking of.

I'll ask what the OTD price is and circle back. A part of me wonders if they'll give at all on the ADM, doubt it but one never knows until you ask.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Well well well -

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 1.17.26 PM.png

I am not a financing expert, so if someone is please do jump in, but I have to imagine the large down payment was to help reduce what would be needed to finance, since I would imagine lenders would be like, you want to pay HOW MUCH for a NISSAN?! and therefore wouldn't approve.

Have to imagine that, plus interest rates being bonked, led to the above result? Or perhaps the person just...couldn't secure financing? I'd think since you have a lot of money to throw down, it wouldn't be an issue, but again there are probably some variables I'm not thinking of.

I'll ask what the OTD price is and circle back. A part of me wonders if they'll give at all on the ADM, doubt it but one never knows until you ask.
When there's a major ADM, you'd need a massive down payment to overcome that. Most banks will go up to 110% of MSRP, including tax - and that's for someone with excellent credit, enough income and stability to make that large of a payment, and experience with large auto credit.

The "Three C's" of credit are Capacity, Collateral, and Character.

It's common in normal times for autos to depreciate as much as 15-20% after the sale. Banks are conservative by nature and you'd find very few who buy into the current trend of inflated purchase prices and values.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
The sales manager of my local Nissan dealer, texted me today saying they now have enough inventory (of course, no Z!) to begin selling new Nissans below MSRP.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm looking for a Z, not a Rogue. I guess the good news is that we may be seeing a correction.
My local Toyota dealership finally has over 20 new Tundras on their lot, and the AMVs have gone from $6k to none....

Hopefully this bodes well for when Zs begin to show up in reasonable numbers, if that ever happens....

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Another demo Z in AU.

Ryan Goody

Australia. Got a demo at the Nissan dealership in Maroochydore, Sunshine Coast this week. Black on black on black, auto. Very nice in person. Drives great for an out of the box car you can buy straight from the showroom floor. $82k AUD retail drive away over here.
X-zv9OY&tn=LsCBlXbWH9NStMx1&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=n65GeTAJJV0AX-89vWT&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
Its funny how Australia is getting a bunch of demo Zs while the US only has Protos coming in