indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Nah, not even 90's Broncos were this damned big.
You might be seeing a lot of larger 4-door versions of the new Bronco, because the 2-door version is a lot harder to get, due to constraints on certain components. For example, the 2-door comes only with a hardtop, which has been under some heavy restrictions, due to manufacturer issues.

A basic 4-door soft top auto Bronco is the ticket right now, if wanting the vehicle in a semi-reasonable time frame. Unfortunately my only interest is the base 2-door manual trans version, which has been largely MIA. :(

I give Ford and their designers a lot of credit, for creating a true ladder frame rugged 2-door open-top doors-off 4x4 with manual trans offering. (An ode to the classic first gen 1966-77 version.) But similar to some other vehicles these days, what good is it, if I can't get one.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Which is kind of crazy. Most of the Canadian media outlets have already done their reviews and articles. I call this stalling.
The reviews and all that were in May for the States iirc, and it's now nearly October, so I definitely agree with you - it's global stalling.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
It seems the NHTSA has issued a Recall this past week, which usually means a solution has been found.
That's correct, and I had considered that part but the Z has thus far not been included in that recall (at least not according to the NHSTA site). It may not be long before it is, however.

1663864758635.png

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
That's correct, and I had considered that part but the Z has thus far not been included in that recall (at least not according to the NHSTA site). It may not be long before it is, however.

1663864758635.png
Can manufacturers issue their own stop sale and recalls without the NHTSA getting involved?

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Can manufacturers issue their own stop sale and recalls without the NHTSA getting involved?
Absolutely, all the time. But, I'm not sure manufacturers have owner identification for mailouts.

There are TSB's - Technical Service Bulletins - which address problems as they crop up. I've rarely seen one done proactively. It's embarrassing and bad for business.

If it's life or property issues, most owners/lawyers contact NHTSA.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Just throwing this out there, anyone know of Z's "finally starting to roll into" a Chicagoland area dealership? Assuming should be a major metro market? Missed the auto show last year, and would like to finally see in person.

MycarisZ

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda Miata
Occupation
Project Manager

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Best bet is to search for the car on the Nissan website… that is how I keep track on inventory around me.
https://www.nissanusa.com/shopping-...ssion/29517:BABey:AwrDYCFg/exterior/inventory
17 Protos rolling in within 500 miles of me (Bay Area CA) over the next few weeks. They're all 6MT, too, which makes me wonder if the stop sale is still impacting distribution strategy or if the manufactured ratio favors the 3 pedal configuration?

Dealer closest is marking the car up 30k (even offer the Buy@Home option, which is pretty brazen. Note to self, they're not getting my business) however some are showing selling at sticker w/ the same option. Curious to see what happens.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
17 Protos rolling in within 500 miles of me (Bay Area CA) over the next few weeks. They're all 6MT, too, which makes me wonder if the stop sale is still impacting distribution strategy or if the manufactured ratio favors the 3 pedal configuration?

Dealer closest is marking the car up 30k (even offer the Buy@Home option, which is pretty brazen. Note to self, they're not getting my business) however some are showing selling at sticker w/ the same option. Curious to see what happens.
They'll show selling at sticker, until you call them about the car. They'll then tell you the real price of the car, and like for me, they told me the car is being sold in auction style.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
They'll show selling at sticker, until you call them about the car. They'll then tell you the real price of the car, and like for me, they told me the car is being sold in auction style.
This is even true when I shopped for my Honda dual sport, MSRP listed but when I called and emailed several, replies are either 'call us' or 'our price is $xxxx' of course marked up alot. Not only in the car/truck world but motorcycles also, dirty tactics!

jaymes

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
infiniti
seriously everything seems like they're taking a carve out of the people, whether its gas prices, housing prices, and now cars. This can't go on any longer