West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
new pricing is now on nissanusa

fdffffddddddd.jpg
So a performance works out to be around $77k Australian.
Ours is 83k , but includes all taxes ( around 5k) 12 months registration (around another 1k depending in state) transport and dealer delivery ….plus premium paint
I’d be interested in knowing what your price includes.
Because this means our price is actually line ball or a little cheaper than you…and no dealer mark ups

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
So a performance works out to be around $77k Australian.
Ours is 83k , but includes all taxes ( around 5k) 12 months registration (around another 1k depending in state) transport and dealer delivery ….plus premium paint
I’d be interested in knowing what your price includes.
Because this means our price is actually line ball or a little cheaper than you…and no dealer mark ups
that price listed on nissan usa site of our cars doesnt include any type of registration or tax as each state is different. all of that is added on at the time of sale. the only thing mandatory that is included by nissan that isnt listed above is the $1,095 destination charge. also almost all our cars come with floor mats and most have factory added kick plates or door scuff guards added in. So with the new adjustment technically our performance can't be bought at MSRP for less than 53k

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
that price listed on nissan usa site of our cars doesnt include any type of registration or tax as each state is different. all of that is added on at the time of sale. the only thing mandatory that is included by nissan that isnt listed above is the $1,095 destination charge. also almost all our cars come with floor mats and most have factory added kick plates or door scuff guards added in. So with the new adjustment technically our performance can't be bought at MSRP for less than 53k
And then you have to contend with greedy dealers mark ups ….yep we get the better deal by far

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
And then you have to contend with greedy dealers mark ups ….yep we get the better deal by far

It depends. here is what I paid in total
49990+400 Mats+500 kick plates+210 door scuff guards+1025 destination made up the sales price

FB_IMG_1678765678797.jpg

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
It depends. here is what I paid in total
49990+400 Mats+500 kick plates+210 door scuff guards+1025 destination made up the sales price

FB_IMG_1678765678797.jpg
I paid ( or will pay) 84k but most in Aus will pay around 82k ( this is because our states taxes are the highest in the country)

After us to Au dollar conversion the 51k ( advertised not your deal) equates to 77k Australian.
We have delivery tax, stamp duty, luxury car tax which is around 5k
We have rego included 1k
We have premium paint included 1k so total 84k

My point is not really what we get, but the advertised price being the actual price and not having to deal with the mark ups.
As you are new you would have only seen some of the huge blow ups over dealers ripping you guys off.
My point is and has always been they do not need to charge above sticker because the dealer still makes money (Nissan builds that in) and the proof they can do this and still do well is that Australia’s laws dictate that dealers must sell new cars for advertised MRSP, and are not permitted to sell over
The comments back to this replay was
A…. But then you can’t get cars for less when the market isn’t as hot….which is not true. You can negotiate a lower price especially at the end of the month and financial year when dealers are trying to get rid of stock, they just can’t charge above it and
B…”your prices are way higher to begin with so our price is still better” but as we can see. Given my calculations this is also not correct.

In short our prices almost match the USA MSRP prices. Our dealers can not charge exorbitant prices over sticker…yet they still survive and still will negotiate when the market dictates.
So ….why are so many Americans still willing to pay above the recommended price?
Do they enjoy losing 10-20k as soon as they drive out of the parking lot? Or is it they live giving to charity cases and want to pay for a dealers retirement plan?

Last edited:
OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So ….why are so many Americans still willing to pay above the recommended price?
Do they enjoy losing 10-20k as soon as they drive out of the parking lot? Or is it they live giving to charity cases and want to pay for a dealers retirement plan?

I'm not sure if it's cultural or not but for every 20 or 50 or whatever number you throw out of people who refuse pay over MSRP there will be someone with this got to have it impulsive mentality who will and did pay the big prices 20-25k+ . I don't know if it was just to be first or to reinforce their influencer brand or maybe they are just that wealthy that paying that extra amount to them is the same as us going out to dinner. Can't really psycho analyze why but I do know our dealer system is the way it is partially because of them. Dealers here prey off of that. they will let 100 people walk for that 1 person who will pay. It's starting to decrease a bit as I'm seeing 5k over 7.5k over as more the norm these days for performance. I have to admit I was surprised at how many dealers flat out said no to me giving them a 53k check for a easy same day sale instead waiting for that person to pay what they want. Most if not all of those Z's are still sitting. These cars just arnt going to hold that kind of value. You might get close to MSRP for a low mileage example if the market is still all out of whack and supply is low but these 10k plus over sales are the same as burning your money in the back yard

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm not sure if it's cultural or not but for every 20 or 50 or whatever number you throw out of people who refuse pay over MSRP there will be someone with this got to have it impulsive mentality who will and did pay the big prices 20-25k+ . I don't know if it was just to be first or to reinforce their influencer brand or maybe they are just that wealthy that paying that extra amount to them is the same as us going out to dinner. Can't really psycho analyze why but I do know our dealer system is the way it is partially because of them. Dealers here prey off of that. they will let 100 people walk for that 1 person who will pay. It's starting to decrease a bit as I'm seeing 5k over 7.5k over as more the norm these days for performance. I have to admit I was surprised at how many dealers flat out said no to me giving them a 53k check for a easy same day sale instead waiting for that person to pay what they want. Most if not all of those Z's are still sitting. These cars just arnt going to hold that kind of value. You might get close to MSRP for a low mileage example if the market is still all out of whack and supply is low but these 10k plus over sales are the same as burning your money in the back yard
Agree
Bit what surprises me is how many defend what they are doing.
I don’t get it
The only explanation is lots of dealers incognito 🥸🤣

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Also just want to clarify that at the end of the day people can do what ever they want with their money. every one is on their own path. I'm as live and let live as it gets. It's just the Z is such a working class blue collar every day obtainable sports car that this being almost held hostage to the highest bidder goes against the very DNA of the what the car is meant to be.

I also follow the market for these unicorn cars like the new Porsche GT3 RS. Those have multiple year waiting lists and will surely go for double the MSRP or more at some point. All of that sort of goes with the territory and adds to the mystique of cars like that. Even closer to home certain spec GTRs command insane prices . But The Z has always been the opposite of all that and to see it get caught up in all this the last year is just bad for the brand.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
It's Nissan's fault for being incompetent.

When they send me social justice emails (just got one on Sunday) I get frustrated, "just fucking make cars!" Saying how your an ally won't save the company.

And my neighbor is "that guy" who doesn't care about markups, he has 2021 and 2022 F-150 and 2023 Explorer in his driveway, the first 2 he had to pay markups, and it's only him and his wife. He's well to do and probably enjoys throwing money around, he pays cash.

They say the gap between middle class and upper class is growing, and for once, I agree with them.

For how few Z's are being built, there's exactly enough people to buy them, warts and markups in all.

Also, don't discount the fact that a shiny new Z in a showroom looks good and I'm sure the dealership doesn't consider it a waste to be sitting there prettying the place up.

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
I don't know if it was just to be first or to reinforce their influencer brand or maybe they are just that wealthy that paying that extra amount to them is the same as us going out to dinner.
Most likely, they'll purchase and register the cars under their business, and deduct the costs of the purchase price, ownership as well as general expenses like gas and maintenance. Depreciation, mileage, and loan interest are also tax deductable on corporate vehicles.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Once the new model years start to arrive, you'll probably see the 23's sold more reasonably.

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
It's just the Z is such a working class blue collar every day obtainable sports car that this being almost held hostage to the highest bidder goes against the very DNA of the what the car is meant to be.

The Z has always been the opposite of all that and to see it get caught up in all this the last year is just bad for the brand.
My thoughts exactly

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Once the new model years start to arrive, you'll probably see the 23's sold more reasonably.
This is totally my hope.

I'm at least in the position, currently, wherein I don't actually need to buy a new vehicle. Maybe by the fall or winter, Zs will actually be available at reasonable prices and the price of Supras will level out (it's starting to, actually) so I can seriously cross-shop them. This whole rollout combined with the shite market conditions has kept things hypothetical for me 🤷‍♂️