Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
I’m a very easy person to find and I look forward to sharing as much as I can soon. This group and the others are the spirit of Z - and we are honored to be a part of bringing back the legend.
Thanks for stopping by. My only request is that the car is sold in monarch orange at some point please... I had to ask!

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
In my experience, when the info is false....the automakers don't bat an eye.

When something is true, that's when the interventions begin.
If I’m guessing, I’d say the price point may be where you are off. I agree that they stay quiet if it was just package content or build start dates. They might jump in to help reel in expectations the car will be so inexpensive. If the price is higher at launch, some might think they increased pricing to take advantage of all the hype when in reality, the price was never going to be that low.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
If I’m guessing, I’d say the price point may be where you are off. I agree that they stay quiet if it was just package content or build start dates. They might jump in to help reel in expectations the car will be so inexpensive. If the price is higher at launch, some might think they increased pricing to take advantage of all the hype when in reality, the price was never going to be that low.
its definitely in regards to the timeline. He decided to respond once the claims were made about production dates. So I fear we are much further off than we hope.

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
its definitely in regards to the timeline. He decided to respond once the claims were made about production dates. So I fear we are much further off than we hope.
Could be. Makes me wonder what the 1:23 Easter egg on the Proto entertainment dash is referring to.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Could be. Makes me wonder what the 1:23 Easter egg on the Proto entertainment dash is referring to.
Theres also the off chance it will come sooner which would be hard to believe. Or maybe it’s being built in the states? Dan alluded to it being more complex than we realize, so maybe they don’t have a production date at all until it passes all the proper testing. We’re speculating on speculation hahaha

And if it’s not until January ‘23 I’m gonna have to buy a Q60 to hold me over

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Theres also the off chance it will come sooner which would be hard to believe. Or maybe it’s being built in the states? Dan alluded to it being more complex than we realize, so maybe they don’t have a production date at all until it passes all the proper testing. We’re speculating on speculation hahaha

i dont think changing the plant over is too difficult. i think it may be covid shortage issues on multiple fronts. everything is still so messy with shipping and production of materials.

as much as i think waiting longer will seriously decrease new Z sales it may just be what we gotta deal with. the problem i see is that the longer they wait the more and more the new Z will be behind the competition. yes it has a manual option which the supra does not but i always felt like the Z was behind tech/power wise on the competition from initial release. hopefully thats not the case with the new one.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
That wouldn’t make sense though...because he said the reveal is coming soon. What be the point of revealing it and then waiting another year to be available.
If it’s another year...I’m out

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

Why would they build in the states, when the 370Z manufacturing has finished and there is a perfectly good factory not being used to its full potential....I don’t think that would make sense either because it’s being released in Asia Australia and the US Japan is kinda middle ground, could be wrong though,

I personally think he commented to do exactly what he has achieved ...keep everyone guessing and second guessing anything we have heard weather it be true...or not

But I think he has also done some damage. With so much uncertainty and nothing solid to go on, I think a few of us might start weighing up our options.
For instance, I was planning on buying a new car last year, I’ve waited because I really wanted the Z, but I can’t wait much longer as we will be needing another car....so what do I do.

Last edited:

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
i dont think changing the plant over is too difficult. i think it may be covid shortage issues on multiple fronts. everything is still so messy with shipping and production of materials.

as much as i think waiting longer will seriously decrease new Z sales it may just be what we gotta deal with. the problem i see is that the longer they wait the more and more the new Z will be behind the competition. yes it has a manual option which the supra does not but i always felt like the Z was behind tech/power wise on the competition from initial release. hopefully thats not the case with the new one.
^ Yup! And to add insult to injury, some will end up switching over to the new BRZ then bad mouthing Nissan for being late, and unreliable, blah blah blah. But, when the Z does finally show up, then those who jumped ship will def be the first to regret not waiting. As much as we all hate to wait, I think Nissan knows how much this community as well as the journalists and A list magazines will for 100% base Nissan's future sports car outlook and predictions based on what this Z offers up. So as a consumer as much as I can hate Nissan for not giving us more information (which I rant about daily), I will give them credit that they are taking their time (albeit much longer then others), but given the whole situation, I'd rather wait and have a much much more buttoned product then a half assed quick to market approach.

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Can you give an example of a time an automaker has intervened to discredit information and that information later turned out to be true?

I just doesn't seem logical to me. What could they possibly stand to gain by discrediting true rumors?

I'm not being facetious here, I'm genuinely interested in your experience.
Happens all the time, leaked CADs or any other information for that matter.

In the Corvette circles there's a running joke "If it's been deleted, it's true"

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The point I was making...is I’m starting to be in a position where I have to buy another car ( second son getting older) so soon I’m going to have to make a choice.

Now if Dan had let us believed it’s still a November timeline then I would of waited, because well it’s the light at the end of the tunnel....and if I got to November and the specs had been released or a set release date had, then I may of waited even a little longer.
Now with nothing I don’t know what to do...lucky I can get my deposit back in another two months if nothings been revealed by then i might....regrettabley have to do just that

50thZ

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 370z 50th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
November 3. 2021 o_O

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
In my experience, when the info is false....the automakers don't bat an eye.

When something is true, that's when the interventions begin.
I appreciate your skepticism but please do not make an implication as to my integrity. Your "source" is incorrect and I have tried to get on here to dispel what you are claiming as fact. I wish I could counter each and every point made, but I cannot at this point in time. It's good to be an enthusiast, but you're being fed improper information by your source, so please, instead of questioning me, perhaps question them.

I understand and appreciate everyone's frustrations and apologize for the wait for more information. As soon as I release it I will certainly post it here.

Thank you.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I appreciate your skepticism but please do not make an implication as to my integrity. Your "source" is incorrect and I have tried to get on here to dispel what you are claiming as fact. I wish I could counter each and every point made, but I cannot at this point in time. It's good to be an enthusiast, but you're being fed improper information by your source, so please, instead of questioning me, perhaps question them.

I understand and appreciate everyone's frustrations and apologize for the wait for more information. As soon as I release it I will certainly post it here.

Thank you.
Can you at least tell us...this year or next

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO

Thank you.
I've noticed you've dispelled where it's wrong.

You've said nothing about the badge.
You've said nothing about the brakes.

Problem is this thread is fairly broad....

Nissan is a creature of habit, I don't think the packages are off.

Is it about green pieces of paper?
Is it about horses?
Is it about paint?