2020 Toyota Supra makes world debut

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Auto rev match in a manual has its place. Ideal for new M/T drivers regardless of age and we're finding it useful right now as my girlfriend learns to drive her Veloster N. One less thing for her to have to worry about.

I've been driving manual cars ranging from MY '90-'22 just about every day since 1999. I pretty much taught myself how to drive manual, double-clutch and heel-toe. I could be wrong since I'm self taught, but I find heel-toe far less necessary on the street. Makes way more sense to me on a track given the corners/speed. I double-clutch to rev match downshifts in a situation where I'm not trying to brake, but even that's likely unnecessary given the transmissions today and synchros.

On some less powerful cars I've owned in the past, my attitude was more F it (rev match from time to time, but mostly drop a gear and let the synchros sort it out) and they still had no trans issues after a quarter million miles before selling them. I've had original clutches last over 150k miles as well. People that ride with me say it's the smoothest they've ever felt a manual being driven. By myself I'm usually ripping it and couldn't care less how it feels, but I still rev match mostly due to just wanting to take better care of the trans since the car is getting older and I don't plan on selling it. I would definitely welcome auto rev match for how I drive on the street had it come with it back then.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Toyota doesn't fuck around.

They emailed me a few years back about the "possibility" of a "hot hatch". A year later, with minimal teasing (just enough to have fun) GR Corollas are coming out.

Same with the new Tundra.

Neither vehicle were over-promised, under-delivered.

DEUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 RX8, '23 BRZ
I am anti rev match... It is undoubtably impressive tech. But what is the point of driving a sport car that is manual if one of the key skills that makes it so different, and hands (feet on) is automatic???

"Manuals are for real men".... that can't match revs or heel toe on the track???
Rev matching is for those who know what the true and natural way is, but are questioning and curious of the other side. Sometimes the auto trans and rev match variants just gets me....you know?

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Looks like the manual trans Supras are starting to get delivered to customers as of today.
nissan has been losing sales for months now with all these delays...this may rob more from Z sales than anything else.

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
nissan has been losing sales for months now with all these delays...this may rob more from Z sales than anything else.
I was going to buy a Z and then got tired of waiting and got something else. So count me in on the losing sales list.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

Evolution

First Name
Sean