First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Lucky I have offered $10,000 over msrp but they will not take anything under $20,000 over msrp
I just contacted another dealer near me that has a proto 6 speed just to see what they are selling it for. Bidding session ends tomorrow so we'll see. I offered MSRP just for shiz and gigs, and the salesperson laughed and said their highest offer right now is $70k...

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Lucky I have offered $10,000 over msrp but they will not take anything under $20,000 over msrp
I never expected or wanted to be an early owner. Still have to see in person and test drive, and then give some thought to be sure I want a Z.

Only way I will buy this vehicle though, is if I can walk into a dealership and without a lot of grief, get a Z in reasonable timeframe for MSRP or lower.

If it ends up a dragged out "fast pass" ADM situation then this vehicle is dead to me - won't want it. So I'll be looking to see how availability/price plays out in 2023.

Z06fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevrolet SS Sedan, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
entrepreneur
By the way, congrats, that is a really nice Z collection, especially at a time when these cars are all going extinct. Enjoy it.

As for the Z, those were my main two issues. I may eventually pick up a Z at some point but I may wait a bit to see if the market cools off on them.

In the meantime, I picked up a Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing. They cost a bit more than the Z, but as long as you don't go crazy with options they can still be had in the low to mid $60s assuming you can snag one at MSRP. For the extra money though, it comes with a Tremec 6-speed with no-lift-shift, magnetic dampers, dual mode exhaust, 6 piston Brembos, Michelin PS4S tires and makes 472hp and 445lb ft. torque from its twin turbo V6. You can option out sunroof, HUD, PDR, Sport bucket seats ventilated and massage, suede, etc. but it gets pricey real quick. But as far as sports sedans go, it is much more fun to drive than an BMW M3 and a lot less expensive.
How do you like the CT4 Blackwing? In "normal times" I would be interested in the CT5 Blackwing. Everyone seems to really like the CT4 as well. How is the supply chain impacting that model/demand?

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
How do you like the CT4 Blackwing? In "normal times" I would be interested in the CT5 Blackwing. Everyone seems to really like the CT4 as well. How is the supply chain impacting that model/demand?
I only have 600 miles on it so far but I really like it. It is a nice blend of comfort and performance. The latest magnetic ride (4.0) actually enables you to feel quite a difference between the suspension modes. It feels much lighter than it is and the twin turbo LF4 V6 is strong, no lag, feels naturally aspirated. The Tremec 6-speed is great and the twin disc Luk clutch is not too heavy. I really enjoy the seating position and improved visibility over the Camaro. It actually has a brake by wire system and you can control the firmness of the 6 piston Brembos. Pretty wild, like tuning the load cell pedal on your sim racing rig.

I am coming from a ZL1 so I was drawn to the CT5-V Blackwing as well but they are over $100k with just a few options and 2023 5BWs had a $7k price increase. The 4BW is plenty quick and actually more fun on the street than the ZL1. The gearing is shorter, feels smaller and more toss-able. The twin turbo V6 performs great and sounds pretty good with the dual mode exhaust but the LT1 V8 would make it perfect from an exhaust note perspective.

The 4BW is a bit more attainable but most cars sitting on the lots are listed for $20k-$50k over MSRP but if you have the right trade, timing and haggle enough you can probably buy one at MSRP if a dealer has multiple cars sitting on the lot. Some dealers will order you one at MSRP but it is a low volume car. They only built a little over 1000 4BWs for 2022. 40% manual/60% auto. There are still constraints on carbon fiber packages and various items but cars a slowly getting built. Not sure if 2023 will be the last year before they go all EV.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
The New Z is the “Sexiest” Car on the Road Today😍

CDF7F3DD-30CF-4F8F-A0AE-347F6DBA73E0.jpeg

B79DCCDD-C2B2-41DC-AE28-617139BDEF0F.jpeg

FAC38D7B-7E63-4223-AB9B-197F92DC82D8.jpeg
Is that your driveway and garage? Man, I was just saying to my wife the other day, having spent time on this and some other automotive forums, we are in a different galaxy compared to some people in terms of finances/lifestyle. I've only bought one new car in my life - just prior to COVID for $14,000! I do find myself wondering if a Z will be a good fit, or possibly an albatross around the neck, in terms of how we live. Decisions ...

But Does It Djent?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 BMW Z3
Not gonna lie, that markup isn't terrible for that car and it kinda gives me hope I'll be able to find the base model somewhere with an even more reasonable markup once they come out.

OP
OP
71zman

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
Not gonna lie, that markup isn't terrible for that car and it kinda gives me hope I'll be able to find the base model somewhere with an even more reasonable markup once they come out.
You won't regret it if you buy it:)

OP
OP
71zman

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
Is that your driveway and garage? Man, I was just saying to my wife the other day, having spent time on this and some other automotive forums, we are in a different galaxy compared to some people in terms of finances/lifestyle. I've only bought one new car in my life - just prior to COVID for $14,000! I do find myself wondering if a Z will be a good fit, or possibly an albatross around the neck, in terms of how we live. Decisions ...
Yeah....but not trying to hold that out as the Subject of the Pics. The Z is it:) But yes I have a story and am truly living the American Dream. All I can say is hard work, dedication, perseverance has paid off for me and my Family. And only Wish the Best To Everyone out there.

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
Yeah....but not trying to hold that out as the Subject of the Pics. The Z is it:) But yes I have a story and am truly living the American Dream. All I can say is hard work, dedication, perseverance has paid off for me and my Family. And only Wish the Best To Everyone out there.
I love it all 👊🏻