raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
Not gonna lie, that markup isn't terrible for that car and it kinda gives me hope I'll be able to find the base model somewhere with an even more reasonable markup once they come out.
Indeed. It is all about supply right now. I don't think you will see much markup on non-Proto Zs. MSRP should be the norm for a while and then once the first wave of Z buyers is exhausted and we hit the first winter season you will see them at slight discounts. There is still some competition from the Camaro (at least for another year), Supra (now with a manual) and the new S650 Ford Mustang "Dark Horse" with 500hp with a Tremec 6-speed should entertain for a bit while EVs continue suck the souls out of everything.

Last edited:

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Land Rover, 1985 CJ-7, 1998 TJ, 2014 BRZ
Yeah....but not trying to hold that out as the Subject of the Pics. The Z is it:) But yes I have a story and am truly living the American Dream. All I can say is hard work, dedication, perseverance has paid off for me and my Family. And only Wish the Best To Everyone out there.
I hear yah, didn't mean judgement. There's a lot of different ways of living.

My wife and I lived a number of years in a very small 3 room house in the Rocky Mountain foothills. We owned practically nothing. It was wonderful. Trying to get back to that life. For that reason, acquiring a new Z (leaving cost aside), is problematic.

But perhaps the decision will be made for me, if the Z takes forever to arrive at an easy buy/MSPR offering. We may at that point already be on a little farm in a foreign non-Z marketplace.

OP
OP
71zman

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1971 Datsun 240z, 2022 Chevy Corvette C8
I hear yah, didn't mean judgement. There's a lot of different ways of living.

My wife and I lived a number of years in a very small 3 room house in the Rocky Mountain foothills. We owned practically nothing. It was wonderful. Trying to get back to that life. For that reason, acquiring a new Z (leaving cost aside), is problematic.

But perhaps the decision will be made for me, if the Z takes forever to arrive at an easy buy/MSPR offering. We may at that point already be on a little farm in a foreign non-Z marketplace.
My day of living in a small rural town in NC is coming:)

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
By the way, congrats, that is a really nice Z collection, especially at a time when these cars are all going extinct. Enjoy it.

As for the Z, those were my main two issues. I may eventually pick up a Z at some point but I may wait a bit to see if the market cools off on them.

In the meantime, I picked up a Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing. They cost a bit more than the Z, but as long as you don't go crazy with options they can still be had in the low to mid $60s assuming you can snag one at MSRP. For the extra money though, it comes with a Tremec 6-speed with no-lift-shift, magnetic dampers, dual mode exhaust, 6 piston Brembos, Michelin PS4S tires and makes 472hp and 445lb ft. torque from its twin turbo V6. You can option out sunroof, HUD, PDR, Sport bucket seats ventilated and massage, suede, etc. but it gets pricey real quick. But as far as sports sedans go, it is much more fun to drive than an BMW M3 and a lot less expensive.
PICS PLEASE!!! :)
Nice ride by the way

jaymes

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
infiniti
I didn't want to infect this forum with pics of anything but a Z but since you asked and most of us appreciate all kinds of fun cars here are a couple quick shots from the parking lot.

4BW1.jpeg

4BW2.jpeg
That actually looks like a tempting alternative to the Z and Supra for some people. Great that it's a manual too