TitanZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Titan SL 4x4 Midnight Edition
IMO not enough Sports, too many NISMOs, way too many autos produced--seems like 75% autos to 25% 6MT. Diehard Z enthusiasts already have their car, now market correcting down (pre-owned 2023s will sit all year until resellers accept big losses). For 2024 and beyond dealers will have to learn to abandon greedy pricing & tactics ingrained during past few years...buyers sitting on the sidelines letting supply stack up & waiting for the stars to align...it seems the Z for most is a 2nd or 3rd or 4th car/toy that would be cool to have, but if stars don't align won't buy the car.

For the dealers that are advertising a nice discount below MSRP but then making it back up on the back end of the deal by adding in a $799 Doc fee, a $2499 interior/exterior invisible protection plan, and dictating a mandatory trade-in & manadatory financing through them...it's going to be a long cold winter and beyond.

cue up Cinderella

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Yeah no doubt demand is far exceeding supply with the Z and Supra. So many people still waiting which fkin sucks. In 2019 right before covid i wanted a Subi STI and was able to order one and have it in my driveway in a matter of weeks lol. Oh the memories.....
Right! Fkin' give the Canadian customers their damn cars already, how many Canadians got the shaft from Nissan?

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Interesting comments from the readers in that article. The Supra appearance seems to be a car some of us really like, and others really hate. My only concern in buying one would be the BMW reliability.
IMG_4854.jpeg

Z06fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevrolet SS Sedan, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
entrepreneur
Yeah, I have a subscription to consumer reports and I did see that. Probably like a lot of car people, my first reaction was to smile. CR definitely has it's pluses and minuses. Luxury brands tend to be at the top of that list each year so it's probably not a stretch to assume there's a reporting bias. It's going to be an uphill battle to convince most people that BMW products are more reliable than Toyota or Honda. I like CR but when you're testing everything from shoes to cars, you can't be an expert on all topics.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Yeah, I have a subscription to consumer reports and I did see that. Probably like a lot of car people, my first reaction was to smile. CR definitely has it's pluses and minuses. Luxury brands tend to be at the top of that list each year so it's probably not a stretch to assume there's a reporting bias. It's going to be an uphill battle to convince most people that BMW products are more reliable than Toyota or Honda. I like CR but when you're testing everything from shoes to cars, you can't be an expert on all topics.

Mercedes, land rover, jag are all near bottom. So, the luxury bias doesn't work.
Is it possible that BMWs are actually reliable now?

Doesn't bother me that people hate on BMW- makes them much cheaper for me to buy second hand. :)

Exciter

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z Performance, '07 350Z Track Roadster
Occupation
Manager
Paint issues at the factory are reportedly fixed as of a couple months ago and honestly for what the car is and what the market is like at the moment It's kind of high production now. Unsold Z s are stacking up all over the country.

The same factory also makes the Ariya where most of the priority lies anyway
Nissan's paint problems, while improved, are not resolved... Ask me how I know.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Nissan's paint problems, while improved, are not resolved... Ask me how I know.
I went to pick up my white performance a week ago Saturday,when I got to the dealership the car looked great but as I worked my way to the front I noticed odd looking marks on the hood,some were squiggly lines others looked like small animal prints in oblong lines.You couldn't see them if looking straight on but once you got off to an angle under the lighting in the dealership they were all over the hood.Kind of looked like they removed the shipping protection to fast and left adhesive on the hood.They tried to remove some with a type of goo gone citrus cleaner that they use when PDI the car but didn't work.The following Monday they received a bulletin from Nissan Canada stating that some Z cars and Airyia's on certain ships delivered after April 2023 had paint issues.The remedy was to use a specified rubbing compound followed by a polishing compound and finished with a ceramic coating.Needless to say I didn't take the car that day.I told them to take it to a local detailer to perform the work and I would look at it after and decide.I didn't want the dealer doing the remedy.I called the detailer to explain how picky I am and they said they would start by clay baring first and see before proceeding with the remedy.So at this point I'm waiting for a call to go back and inspect the car.I hope it works,the white looks really good on this car with the red interior.The build dateon the car was 10/23.

Exciter

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z Performance, '07 350Z Track Roadster
Occupation
Manager
I went to pick up my white performance a week ago Saturday,when I got to the dealership the car looked great but as I worked my way to the front I noticed odd looking marks on the hood,some were squiggly lines others looked like small animal prints in oblong lines.You couldn't see them if looking straight on but once you got off to an angle under the lighting in the dealership they were all over the hood.Kind of looked like they removed the shipping protection to fast and left adhesive on the hood.They tried to remove some with a type of goo gone citrus cleaner that they use when PDI the car but didn't work.The following Monday they received a bulletin from Nissan Canada stating that some Z cars and Airyia's on certain ships delivered after April 2023 had paint issues.The remedy was to use a specified rubbing compound followed by a polishing compound and finished with a ceramic coating.Needless to say I didn't take the car that day.I told them to take it to a local detailer to perform the work and I would look at it after and decide.I didn't want the dealer doing the remedy.I called the detailer to explain how picky I am and they said they would start by clay baring first and see before proceeding with the remedy.So at this point I'm waiting for a call to go back and inspect the car.I hope it works,the white looks really good on this car with the red interior.The build dateon the car was 10/23.
Mine has good white paint, but the black roof is a mess. It has dots and spots all over it, especially on the little roof spoiler above the brake light. It's also scratched on both sides of the window, clearly from fitting the glass.

I took delivery of mine, because I've already waited over 2 years. They're going to fix it under warranty, but there is a wait for a paint repair shop to do the work. It could be months. Mine is also 10/23.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
US Nissan Z Sales Report: Q1 2024
the Z saw the highest quarter of sales since its return with 671 reported sold. This is due to production for the 2024 model being much higher than 2023. Dealer mark ups are also becoming an exception rather than the standard with the increased inventory. All this has contributed to a healthy increase in sales with perspective to this still being a niche car.

263 Sold in 2022
466 Sold Q1 JAN-MAR 2023
500 Sold Q2 APR-JUN 2023
343 Sold Q3 JULY-SEPT
462 Sold Q4 OCT- DEC
1771 Sold in 2023

671 Sold Q1 JAN-MARCH 2024
2705 Total REPORTED Sold in the US

Highest known 2023 VIN# was 2301
Highest known 2024 VIN# is Currently 3743

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Mine has good white paint, but the black roof is a mess. It has dots and spots all over it, especially on the little roof spoiler above the brake light. It's also scratched on both sides of the window, clearly from fitting the glass.

I took delivery of mine, because I've already waited over 2 years. They're going to fix it under warranty, but there is a wait for a paint repair shop to do the work. It could be months. Mine is also 10/23.
I'm going back on Thursday to look at the car,they say it looks really good and ended up ceramic coating the whole car with 3m ceramic coating even though it was only the hood that had the marks.Nissan Canada has paid for the whole job.I also waited just over 2 years from the time I put the pre order deposit down.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Canada Sold 58 Zs Q1 2024. Canada also had only 161 reported sales in 2023

Who.Am.Eye.2716

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Q1 sales report is next week from nissan
My car build date is 8/'23. Sticker is a '24 model yr. Didnt know they had manufactured it that early for '24 release.
Dealer received in early Jan '24 and I purchased it in Feb.