First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Some dealers will throw out the big markup and see if they can get someone in who will do and pay anything for a Z. There are certainly cases where they raped a buyer. That's the car business sometimes, but I would guess we all appreciate dealers who will work with us and not by being greedy. They need to make a profit, but not by screwing a customer on one specific deal. As cars sit longer, they will adjust prices to a fair level. It is good to hear what others are experiencing with the looking and buying process.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Some dealers will throw out the big markup and see if they can get someone in who will do and pay anything for a Z. There are certainly cases where they raped a buyer. That's the car business sometimes, but I would guess we all appreciate dealers who will work with us and not by being greedy. They need to make a profit, but not by screwing a customer on one specific deal. As cars sit longer, they will adjust prices to a fair level. It is good to hear what others are experiencing with the looking and buying process.
That was my experience. Dealer wanted 20k over but eventually after a few calls came down to 2k.

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
That was my experience. Dealer wanted 20k over but eventually after a few calls came down to 2k.
Great that you received a fair deal. I don't mind paying a little over MSRP but these stupid markups are ridiculous.

bruce_c

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z 2015 wrx 1967 gto 1928 pontiac
im just wonder what everyone has found. i stop by my local dealer this morning and unfortunately all they said was "sorry, we dont have any details or pricing for the Z just yet, please leave your name and number and one of our sales associates will be in touch with you".

Baker Nissan
19630 Northwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77065
Moyer Nissan in PA is selling at MSRP - two so far, I got one of them.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Moyer Nissan in PA is selling at MSRP - two so far, I got one of them.
Nice to see they came down. When I called them like a month ago they were over 20k, like almost 30k and not budging.

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
IMG_8887.jpeg

Things seem to finally be changing one dealership at a time.
I was watching this car, too. I texted the sales guy the day I got the notification of the price drop and he told me the car had been sold that morning.

Hopefully it means more cars will become available at fair prices.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Found this close by me.

Proto for 65k used 3500 miles 😬

Screenshot_20230616-223526.png

KCZ

First Name
KCZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Evora, Boxster, Jeep, Xterra.
My local dealer had one in the showroom that had been a pre-order but I guess the orderer was having second thoughts. I went in and looked it over and sat in it for a bit, but it was black and an A/T, neither of which was acceptable to me. I told the dealer to find me a 6MT performance in gun metallic or rosewood and they just laughed at me and tried to get me interested in the black one. I called/Emailed them back and they never responded.

A week later, I saw a Rosewood 6MT on the Nissan website with an impending arrival date at another dealer about an hour away. I called them and asked if it was spoken for and they said No and that they expected it in a few days. I gave them a $1500 deposit to hold the car, and paid sticker price, less the deposit, and $300-400 in dealer paperwork fees when I picked the car up the next week.

Maybe I just got lucky, but there are cars out there to be had at sticker.

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
My local dealer had one in the showroom that had been a pre-order but I guess the orderer was having second thoughts. I went in and looked it over and sat in it for a bit, but it was black and an A/T, neither of which was acceptable to me. I told the dealer to find me a 6MT performance in gun metallic or rosewood and they just laughed at me and tried to get me interested in the black one. I called/Emailed them back and they never responded.

A week later, I saw a Rosewood 6MT on the Nissan website with an impending arrival date at another dealer about an hour away. I called them and asked if it was spoken for and they said No and that they expected it in a few days. I gave them a $1500 deposit to hold the car, and paid sticker price, less the deposit, and $300-400 in dealer paperwork fees when I picked the car up the next week.

Maybe I just got lucky, but there are cars out there to be had at sticker.
How much did the first dealer want for the black one?

Can you share which dealer you bought the Rosewood one from?

KCZ

First Name
KCZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Evora, Boxster, Jeep, Xterra.
I think the first dealer wanted $5K over sticker for the black one.

I bought the Rosewood from Nissan of Keene, NH. My biggest gripe with them is their violation of my privacy. I've been besieged by Sirius, ATT Wifi, 2 different extended warranty companies, NissanConnect, and a bunch of other people selling stuff that I don't want to talk to them about. I never gave that dealer permission to give out my personal information.

Last edited:

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
I think the first dealer wanted $5K over sticker for the black one.

I bought the Rosewood from Nissan of Keene, NH. My biggest gripe with them is their violation of my privacy. I've been besieged by Sirius, ATT Wifi, 2 different extended warranty companies, NissanConnect, and a bunch of other people selling stuff that I don't want to talk to them about. I never gave that dealer permission to give out my personal information.
Thanks for the info. I'm still shopping and will keep the Keene dealership in mind. I appreciate it. :)

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
Took my son into the stealership in Richmond today as he hadn’t seen a Z in person. They are still asking $79k. When I walked in, the receptionist asked if we had an appointment with a sales person. I said no, that we were just in to see the…..and she finished my sentance, in to see the Z. Guess that happens a good bit. Thinking they are happy to keep it around for a bit to bring the halo effect and if someone gives them $79k, all the better.

8FF581F9-6DA4-49E5-802E-0C143D399144.jpeg

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
Yeah none in my area are selling at a reasonable price so I decided to put the money I was saving towards a different car.

Still hope to get a Z second hand one day.