Results are only viewable after voting.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
6MT. All 8 cars I've owned have been manual. Not changing that now, and am going to enjoy rowing gears myself for as long as possible. There are many cars that I like and would consider if they offered a manual, but they won't wind up in my garage once I learn that they are auto only.

OP
OP
2JZ-No-Sh*t

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
hmm, how is it 11 to 1 for manual?

funny cause toyota thought no one wanted one anymore...
Since the Zupra was brought up here is the poll from our sister forum. In the early days it use to be a lot higher. I think most members over there are now exiting lalaland. Toyota said their internal polling said only 20 or 30 percent of buyers wanted a manual. I call BS on that, but whatever. The reality of things according to a Bimmerpost insider is BMW dictates what Toyota gets and if the Z4 isn't offered in a manual chances are it won't happen for the Zupra either.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/is-a-manual-transmission-in-the-cards-for-the-new-supra.1384/

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
yeah Toyota dropped the ball on the Supra big time. almost 40% of 86 owners said they would consider a Supra only if it came with a MT. thats a big number of lost potential buyers imo.
Yea, Toyota effed up big time teaming up with BMW just for that engine. Toyota, being as large of a company as it is, refused to Invest into making their own Supra from scratch, splitting decisions with BMW, whereas Porsche, added a manual option into their GT3s (2018+) for a car that STARTS at $160k. And that 20-30% internal poll is probably due to the fact that now everyone wants that quick 0-60 and lap time that only Auto's give, versus the feeling you get from shifting.

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
Since the Zupra was brought up here is the poll from our sister forum. In the early days it use to be a lot higher. I think most members over there are now exiting lalaland. Toyota said their internal polling said only 20 or 30 percent of buyers wanted a manual. I call BS on that, but whatever. The reality of things according to a Bimmerpost insider is BMW dictates what Toyota gets and if the Z4 isn't offered in a manual chances are it won't happen for the Zupra either.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/is-a-manual-transmission-in-the-cards-for-the-new-supra.1384/

If it was offered in manual, i would probably have one sitting in my garage now

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
I would consider the manual more if there was an easy way to add remote start.

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14

I guess we're lucky that Nissan didnt go begging to Mercedes to build them a new Z :p

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I would consider the manual more if there was an easy way to add remote start.
im sure the aftermarket will figure that out...

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Camry, Q60 RWD

Damn lol I was hoping maybe Toyota will tell BMW to give the Supra the S58 down the road.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
My question is, will the VR30 be mated with the current 370Z 6MT or will it be an improved version? Hopefully we will get short throws, good positive detents on the gates, and clutch take up that is not too high, i.e. easy to modulate.

dkmura

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'03 350Z track, '06 350Z SCCA touring racecar
Occupation
Freelance automotive journalist
My question is, will the VR30 be mated with the current 370Z 6MT or will it be an improved version? Hopefully we will get short throws, good positive detents on the gates, and clutch take up that is not too high, i.e. easy to modulate.
Nissan has continuously developed the six-speed tranny in past Zs, and there's no reason to think they won't continue that practice with the VR30DDTT. But don't count on an entirely different design or feel than the current Z34 tranny. It remains one of the best manual trannys on the market.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Nissan has continuously developed the six-speed tranny in past Zs, and there's no reason to think they won't continue that practice with the VR30DDTT. But don't count on an entirely different design or feel than the current Z34 tranny. It remains one of the best manual trannys on the market.
Awesome good to know. I’m just so used to my short positive shifts on my RB Z that expecting a lot on the new Z’s manual.