Hands Up all the Aussies

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Either dealers are overpromising again or there's fuckary afoot. I've recently been advised an April 2023 delivery for my early 2021 order.
That's disappointingly far away in my book. My estimate has always been a 1 to 1.5 years wait, from the start of Zs getting delivered in reasonable numbers, before I can get a Z. Because I estimate it will take that long (at least in the USA market), for prices to settle to MSRP.

So, if the clock starts around April 2023 or so, that puts me at mid-2024 or possibly 2025, before I might see a Z in my driveway. :(

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bus
I already have a deposit down on a Dark Horse (placed it on the first day it was announced so surely I'm near the front of the queue). I had been thinking I would take delivery of the Z and see how I like it but now the gap between delivery of the Z and Dark Horse is closing everyday.
100% same reason for me. Plus out of the box I imagine the Dark Horse isn't going to need any mods, as exhaust is awesome and 500+HP should be enough. :D

BrokenZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mclaren, Megane RS300 Trophy, Navara Warrior
As I mentioned eariler i put down a deposit Oct 2021 expected a FAST 400hp coupe around the AU$75k. Nissan only had 1 chance for me to buy a new Z and thats over. I have owned 280zx, 300zxTT, 350z so not new to Zs. The price, delays, average performance, and average reviews make the whole experience disappointing. I think they will be getting alot of cancelled ordered. Nissan should have made the proto/nismo version a special edition that blew the mustang and supra out of the water to keep the hype going

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I just had a call from the local Subaru dealer that I had made some enquiries to, they offered me a current model BRZ with the STI kit for 51k in blue, very very tempting but it was an auto.
Even with 31k saving on the Z and immediate delivery it was hard to say no

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bus
Subaru is awesome... I received this email today. With full contact details from the sender.. :)

Good afternoon Morgan,

I am happy to announce that Japan has supplied me an IVN (Internal Vin Number) meaning your Subaru BRZ 10thAnniversary is on track for production next month, December.

Once the build is complete, your vehicle will then make its way over on a ship to our wharf.

I will reach back out in a months’ time, to provide an update of where we are at with your order.

If you need anything between now & then please feel free to call or email me.

Shobotan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
180SX
100% same reason for me. Plus out of the box I imagine the Dark Horse isn't going to need any mods, as exhaust is awesome and 500+HP should be enough. :D
As a current owner of an S550 Mustang I don't think you would be disappointed. Typical Ford QA but I don't have any rattles or squeaks and only had one minor issue in 2.5 years with the rain sensor replaced under warranty during a routine service. It's a little more "in your face" than the Z, subtlety is not its forte. I'd recommend the magnaride.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
So I honestly think the mustang is better value for money any day of the week.

and I was cross shopping them.

but on the day I was driving around dealerships.
I saw 14-15 mustangs. And a sole z car.

so the uniqueness is a factor for me.

then the ability to liberate more power is so much better on a turbo platform.

I also had a s550 mustang for a week as a rental in USA and it was a fine car but just not enough to wow me.

but I totally get they are the only red performance manual coupes at that price point.

now if subaru would just go and build me a sub 60k turbo brz . Well then I would have problems.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
[QUOTE="loudsx, post: 49254, member: 2532"

[/QUOTE]

Me too but I think the Z will be a dime a dozen too eventually once they get the release sorted. Only the proto will be somewhat unique.

That's why I'm only really interested in the dark horse version of the mustang...no idea what sort of volume they will produce but seems like it's going to be a pretty special car.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
[QUOTE="loudsx, post: 49254, member: 2532"

Me too but I think the Z will be a dime a dozen too eventually once they get the release sorted. Only the proto will be somewhat unique.

That's why I'm only really interested in the dark horse version of the mustang...no idea what sort of volume they will produce but seems like it's going to be a pretty special car.
[/QUOTE]

fair call. Would be interesting to see numbers.

but the fact nissan sold 5243 370z 2009-2021

and ford sold 9165 mustangs in 2017 makes me feel it will always be rarer.
and I live rural so that biases it even further away from jap.

and then the really weird one I know 4 people who bought 370s and only one with a s550 (he does work for ford tho so yeah def didn’t pay retail) so meh I’m prob a hypocrite .

and time to go back to shopping for parts for cars I should not modify.

BrokenZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mclaren, Megane RS300 Trophy, Navara Warrior
Head Office told me Feb delivery when I placed the BRZ order a few months ago, but then the dealer said March/April. I got a call today from the dealer. Said delivery will be Jan, or Feb. The dealer asked me if earlier delivery was ok. Ofcourse I said yes :)

Subaru is awesome... I received this email today. With full contact details from the sender.. :)

Good afternoon Morgan,

I am happy to announce that Japan has supplied me an IVN (Internal Vin Number) meaning your Subaru BRZ 10thAnniversary is on track for production next month, December.

Once the build is complete, your vehicle will then make its way over on a ship to our wharf.

I will reach back out in a months’ time, to provide an update of where we are at with your order.

If you need anything between now & then please feel free to call or email me.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I like the dark horse, but it’s just a bit to big for me..and my garage.
Wont fit in

370zs in WA are pretty rare compared to mustangs..see them everywhere, not bashing it. ( it’s a nice car) just saying there are a lot of them.

Controversial …because I know nothing of the car, but love the way it looks.
Does anyone know if the Mercedes SLC40i has good reliability? And thoughts in general please

Last edited:

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I like the dark horse, but it’s just a bit to big for me..and my garage.
Wont fit in

370zs in WA are pretty rare compared to mustangs..see them everywhere, not bashing it. ( it’s a nice car) just saying there are a lot of them.

Controversial …because I know nothing of the car, but love the way it looks.
Does anyone know if the Mercedes SLC40i has good reliability? And thoughts in general please
I don't have any direst experience with Mercedes, but I've heard they share issues common with a German cars. Great machines when they are new, but you don't want to own one out of warranty.

I did find this article, which rates Mercedes, in general, 27th out of 32 brands for reliability.
https://repairpal.com/reliability/mercedes-benz

Nissan is #8 overall in terms of reliability. https://repairpal.com/reliability

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
T
I don't have any direst experience with Mercedes, but I've heard they share issues common with a German cars. Great machines when they are new, but you don't want to own one out of warranty.

I did find this article, which rates Mercedes, in general, 27th out of 32 brands for reliability.
https://repairpal.com/reliability/mercedes-benz

Nissan is #8 overall in terms of reliability. https://repairpal.com/reliability
Thanks…yeah I’ve seen that before, but they are really pretty…and not many around
It’s not the car I was actually looking at, but was interested in knowing more

whopacha

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3 sp25
Occupation
Business improvement analyst
Some reviews and lack of info is starting to get to me. I think I'm starting to lean more toward the new type r. I dont know what to do, I want to see both cars in person. Wonder what Aus pricing will be like. Buying the civic is a little more practicable. The price difference will make it a little easier on the wallet to pick up a new motorbike when my full licence date comes around in June too.

I'm assuming I'd get my hands on the Z before the type r is out, but who knows.